2014-2015 NBA thread

Wade and LBJ are attached at the hip right now. I think he has the police there to ensure his home isn't trashed in Cleveland when it comes back. Seems like everyone has been duped. I don't buy into this LBJ to Cleveland stuff anymore. Just doesn't add up but I could be mistaken.

That's fine if that's his choice, but I hope that he understands that he can't be attached at the hip to both Wade and the Larry O'Brien trophy. It's either one or the other.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Dwyane Wade left cross-country flight with LeBron James to Miami still unsure of which way James is leaning, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

He must be trolling everyone. he has to be.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
Wade and LBJ are attached at the hip right now. I think he has the police there to ensure his home isn't trashed in Cleveland when it comes back. Seems like everyone has been duped. I don't buy into this LBJ to Cleveland stuff anymore. Just doesn't add up but I could be mistaken.

The Cleveland stuff makes more sense to me than anything. Why would he return to Miami? That roster really isn't going to be improved from last season, meanwhile Clevelands roster is set up to be pretty damn good with LeBron for the foreseeable future.

A return to the Heat just doesn't make any sense to me, it will be the same show as last year if he goes that route.

Player has to be on your team 3 years to get the Bird Rights. If you could lower your salary commitments after 1 year deal, you could go ahead and give him the same max everyone else can, but we won't be able to do that nor will most teams going after such a player

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Dwyane Wade left cross-country flight with LeBron James to Miami still unsure of which way James is leaning, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I was about to say that Wade reminds me of a guy/girl who just found out their significant other is considering leaving.

Real Gm insider, Ralph, indicates Bulls have deals lined up now to be able to offer Melo full max deal without a S&T with Knicks (with exception obviously being fact we can't offer 5th year). Take it for what you will.

Also, Marc Stein is indicating Lebron has not given any indications that his decision will come before his trip to the world cup. That means Bosh would have to decide on Houston prior to LBJ deciding. I'm starting to think there might be something to this whole new Big 3 in Miami.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
I know nothing of him but people seem to say he's legit. I know he's been a so called "insider" there for years.

I'm just amazed that name still exists.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
Real Gm insider, Ralph, indicates Bulls have deals lined up now to be able to offer Melo full max deal without a S&T with Knicks (with exception obviously being fact we can't offer 5th year). Take it for what you will.

Also, Marc Stein is indicating Lebron has not given any indications that his decision will come before his trip to the world cup. That means Bosh would have to decide on Houston prior to LBJ deciding. I'm starting to think there might be something to this whole new Big 3 in Miami.

They'd have to get rid of Gibson in that scenario. If that's the case, they better be ready to have a deal lined up to S&T for Gasol or another PF.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:37 PM)
They'd have to get rid of Gibson in that scenario. If that's the case, they better be ready to have a deal lined up to S&T for Gasol or another PF.

mirotic.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)

Explain

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)

Yep or at least I'm presuming that would be the case. Would be curious what moves they have lined up. Maybe those leaks are really just to put more pressure on Knicks to try and work something else instead.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
mirotic.

Do we have any kind of exceptions if we sign Melo outright?

If not, I'm not sure how we can sign Mirotic to an acceptable contract.

I think we'll have the mini-MLE if we do sign Melo, which is at $2.7 million. Don't know if Mirotic would take that.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
Melo / Wade / James.

Again, I just don't see how under the cap this is feasible. Big 3? Easy, bird rights on all 3. Renouncing Bosh doesn't suddenly free up 20 million for them to spend.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:45 AM)
Again, I just don't see how under the cap this is feasible. Big 3? Easy, bird rights on all 3. Renouncing Bosh doesn't suddenly free up 20 million for them to spend.

I don't disagree with you. Only way it could be done is if both Melo / Lebron take some discounts. I've always discounted it because of the moves they made but now I really do wonder if LBJ is just waiting Bosh out so he has to eventually sign with the Rockets.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
I don't disagree with you. Only way it could be done is if both Melo / Lebron take some discounts. I've always discounted it because of the moves they made but now I really do wonder if LBJ is just waiting Bosh out so he has to eventually sign with the Rockets.

Lets say they do and it's 19-18-15 = 52

52 + 5.5 = 57.5 in 4 players + 2 for haslem = 59.5. Plus 2 for granger = 61.5

That's with melo taking a 4.5 mill hair cut, James taking 1.7 mill and Wade a 7 mill.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)

That would be cold.