2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 02:10 AM)
Things I've learned the last week or two: the NBA salary cap and it's rules make almost no sense.

I'm so glad MLB doesn't have a salary cap. Especially a soft salary cap with a million different exceptions.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 02:12 AM)
x1000. There is an exception for anything and everything.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 02:20 AM)
I'm so glad MLB doesn't have a salary cap. Especially a soft salary cap with a million different exceptions.

I mean do NBA GMs even understand it fully?

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:45 AM)
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Sensing Bulls increasingly focused on trying to complete acquisition of Pau Gasol ... since pulling off their Melo dream is proving so hard

Pau consolation prize in Melo sweepstakes :(

Eh. I think the Bulls know if Gasol goes to Knicks, Melo stays. They don't want that.

I just don't see how a 34-year-old breaking down Gasol really helps this team get over the hump. We have Noah/Taj/Mirotic (supposedly). We remain to have little wing scoring and no one who can handle the basketball outside of Rose. If we have to get by LBJ, we will run into the same issue that when he guards Rose, our offense just can't score.

I like Gasol as a player, but I just have to question whether this was a bigger need than a couple of wing players.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 08:15 AM)
I just don't see how a 34-year-old breaking down Gasol really helps this team get over the hump. We have Noah/Taj/Mirotic (supposedly). We remain to have little wing scoring and no one who can handle the basketball outside of Rose. If we have to get by LBJ, we will run into the same issue that when he guards Rose, our offense just can't score.

I like Gasol as a player, but I just have to question whether this was a bigger need than a couple of wing players.

Well, they haven't given up on Melo yet. There's multiple offers on the table for Melo, including a 2 year and then back-to-back years of player opt-ins. You sign Pau if you're trading Taj.

Also, Gasol isn't really breaking down. D'Antoni refused to play him in the post and made one of the most gifted big men in the entire league shoot 18 foot jumpers instead of working his magic down low - and he still shot 48% with 17/10. He's an extraordinary get regardless of what else the Bulls do.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 08:15 AM)

I'm afraid to see how much we're paying him :(

So I see the Cavs now have Mike Miller, who had his best shooting season in years and was actually healthy in '14, all but locked up. And now word is the Cavs aren't trading Wiggins and are offering Waiters/Bennent/draft picks for Love. That doesn't sound like nearly enough but if Love says the only team he'll extend with is Cleveland, aren't the wolves pretty f***ed?