2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 11:42 AM)
Knicks writers are giving off that vibe, chicago writers say Melo still in play(save Cowley) and national writers have no idea. Aldridge just tweeted this

@daldridgetnt: Source says that Pau Gasol deal to the Bulls "should get done today." Don't know impact on CHI pursuit of Melo.

Windhorst was following the knicks writers vibe this morning.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if Melo is seriously contemplating the 2 year deal. That gives him a chance to win and decide to stay, or go home Lebron style if he wins and be the savior still in his prime

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
Knicks writers are giving off that vibe, chicago writers say Melo still in play(save Cowley) and national writers have no idea. Aldridge just tweeted this

@daldridgetnt: Source says that Pau Gasol deal to the Bulls "should get done today." Don't know impact on CHI pursuit of Melo.

Aldridge's last sentence is the most honest piece of nba reporting I've seen in two weeks. It's actually very refreshing to see someone say that

Just my pure speculation, Melo was supposed to make his decision Thursday but something changed (maybe he knew Lebron was coming home) and now he reconsiders the Bulls. If Melo wants to win now, maybe he will sign the 2 year deal with player opt in for another 2 years for bigger money. I

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
Aldridge's last sentence is the most honest piece of nba reporting I've seen in two weeks. It's actually very refreshing to see someone say that

ya he has been pretty good:

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt · Jul 9

Told strongly that Chris Bosh hasn't made any contingency decision w/Rockets, & "whatever is being reported in that regard is simply false."

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

WHY?! If Melo is jus going back to the Knicks and it's all done then why wouldn't he have signed by now? They offered him max right? He isn't posturing for more money from them. He wants to come to the Bulls and I don't think he is going to just sign with the Knicks after all this wait. It doesn't make sense to me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
I'd offer Wade $10 mil a year if we can, just to see if he'd take it. I just don't want Hinrich back. Get a diff guard.

Need a backup PG somewhere....Gimme DJ I reckon. DJ, Niko, Wade/Ariza/Pierce/Carter, and I guess maybe Pau

Rose/DJ

Wade/Butler

DMD/MJD

Taj/Niko

Noah/Pau

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)
Need a backup PG somewhere....Gimme DJ I reckon. DJ, Niko, Wade/Ariza/Pierce/Carter, and I guess maybe Pau

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
Rolling with new young guys, Gasol on a hopefully sensible deal, and Rose is good enough for me

Good enough for a great regular season and a try real hard playoff series loss.

Edited by Rowand44

We'll see. Lots to like on this team. I don't subscribe to the "you need one or more of the best ten players in the league on your team to have a prayer" philosophy. Lots of talent on the Bulls and a phenomenal coach. I'm excited to see how it comes together.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
MarshMelo is all about money, everyone knows this (except some Bulls fans :P )

Aggrey smith was right all along , he never bought the melo to bulls, too much money lol guess melo was just using the bulls as leverage, tough decision yea right

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Aggrey smith was right all along , he never bought the melo to bulls, too much money lol guess melo was just using the bulls as leverage, tough decision yea right

Doubt he used them as leverage. Dude got the max offer over a week ago from the Knicks. I'd believe this if he committed right after his meeting with the Knicks.