2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is why it hurts that the Bulls waited so long to be aggressive. We put that clown on the side of the United Center. The Knicks' move for Phil was indeed a back-breaker. The Bulls should be offering picks, McBuckets, etc to get Love, but they'll go back to being the Bulls.

Gasol I like, but I'd prefer Lance to Ariza. You just know we're going to wind up with Ariza. Hopefully the Cavs don't get Love so the East can be somewhat open next year, though we all know Cleveland is going to dominate.

Melo chooses the money, and Phil didn't cave. So disappointing.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Doubt he used them as leverage. Dude got the max offer over a week ago from the Knicks. I'd believe this if he committed right after his meeting with the Knicks.

Maybe he didn't want to make it obvious it was the money , I don't know, I'm just pi**ed we got fooled twice by melo and now we get pau lol ugh

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
This is why it hurts that the Bulls waited so long to be aggressive. We put that clown on the side of the United Center. The Knicks' move for Phil was indeed a back-breaker. The Bulls should be offering picks, McBuckets, etc to get Love, but they'll go back to being the Bulls.

Gasol I like, but I'd prefer Lance to Ariza. You just know we're going to wind up with Ariza. Hopefully the Cavs don't get Love so the East can be somewhat open next year, though we all know Cleveland is going to dominate.

Melo chooses the money, and Phil didn't cave. So disappointing.

Getting Ariza would suck. I already know what kind of numbers he'll put up...and they won't be what they were last year.

No Luol, no Ariza. I'd rather just keep Dunleavy.

And this whole S&T thing with the Lakers just seems sad. Just amnesty Boozer's ass already. Nobody wants him.

Let's move on to Lance Stephenson. I don't think there is much of a market for him at this point, so maybe we can sign both him and Gasol and still come away a stronger team. The character issue is there, but perhaps playing with strong character guys like Noah, Jimmy, Rose, Taj and playing for Thibs will set him straight.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
Let's move on to Lance Stephenson. I don't think there is much of a market for him at this point, so maybe we can sign both him and Gasol and still come away a stronger team. The character issue is there, but perhaps playing with strong character guys like Noah, Jimmy, Rose, Taj and playing for Thibs will set him straight.

Thibs alone would put a foot in his ass if he tried the stuff he did last year.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Lolbulls

This is Melo wanting that money at the end of the day.

Can't blame him, it was substantially more, but man talk about eating his own words about wanting to win.

Edited by TheTruth05

I love that the bulls early on decided to go after melo over love, took on salary and used both firsts, cleared zero salary before meeting with melo, then upon it being clear melo wasn't convinced a 10 mill per year salary was enough, decided 34 yr old Gasol was plan B. Your bulls management ladies and gentleman.

Queue gar pax apologists "it's not their fault! They are only GMs, what power do they have?"

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:42 PM)
T-mac

Grant Hill

Duncan

Gasol (prime version)

Kobe

KG

LeBron

Wade

Bosh

Melo

etc

etc

etc

Bulls just cant close. Ever.

Aren't you glad they gave away Korver for nothing for the opportunity to strike out on another free agency?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:42 PM)
T-mac

Grant Hill

Duncan

Gasol (prime version)

Kobe

KG

LeBron

Wade

Bosh

Melo

etc

etc

etc

Bulls just cant close. Ever.

The only big free agent we ever got was Ben Wallace and he sucked after one year. Ugh.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:43 PM)
Whateves....still going to be a great team.

It all hinges on Derrick, really.

That's why Melo would have been so awesome. Derrick can take his time to get back and we'd still be a great team. Hell if Derrick got hurt again, it'd still be a great team.

But now it's all on Rose.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Doubt he used them as leverage. Dude got the max offer over a week ago from the Knicks. I'd believe this if he committed right after his meeting with the Knicks.

Dude has a serious ego, he was loving all the attention. I kept saying we weren't ever seriously in contention with the money difference being so large. This was all just for show.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:44 PM)
How is it their fault this time? It seems like they did everything they could.. Melo is just greedy and likes losing I guess

It's not greedy to get the contract you deserve worth.

But anyway, how many times can these clowns fail and leave us with the try hard bulls before being held responsible? Imagine how bad they'd be if they didn't have the miraculous luck of getting the rose pick.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:44 PM)
How is it their fault this time? It seems like they did everything they could.. Melo is just greedy and likes losing I guess

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagagahagagagagagagagagagahahahahahahahaha

haha