2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
I love that the bulls early on decided to go after melo over love, took on salary and used both firsts, cleared zero salary before meeting with melo, then upon it being clear melo wasn't convinced a 10 mill per year salary was enough, decided 34 yr old Gasol was plan B. Your bulls management ladies and gentleman.

Queue gar pax apologists "it's not their fault! They are only GMs, what power do they have?"

Ya...Bulls clearly should have moved all their salary BEFORE they even knew they were getting him....Brilliant.

They did all they can do, there were reports that they had trades lined up to get Melo his money, it just didn't happen....This isn't xbox man, this is real life.

If this was 3 years ago, I would have been really excited about Pau. But he's just not the same player he was in his prime. Not even close. Pau hasn't been that much better than Boozer in the last two years.

Bringing Mirotic over should be nice though. We finally have something on this year's team we hadn't had the past few years: depth and lots of it, especially in the front court.

I'd love to keep DJ for the BAE as well. He'll be a nice security blanket for Rose and can come off the bench as some instant offense.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:44 PM)
How is it their fault this time? It seems like they did everything they could.. Melo is just greedy and likes losing I guess

It's not, people just love to be haters....It's EXACTLY like the Robin hate. All done in hindsight. People LOVED hearing about all they did in trying to recruit Melo, there wasn't anything more they can do. You can't force this s*** to happen.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
It's not, people just love to be haters....It's EXACTLY like the Robin hate. All done in hindsight. People LOVED hearing about all they did in trying to recruit Melo, there wasn't anything more they can do. You can't force this s*** to happen.

Their best isn't good enough. When they be held accountable?

Like Nazr and Aggrey and everyone has said all along , always about the money. Melo, bosh could have gone to a contender/home , took more money , Lebron wanted the max, gasol going to the bulls instead of spurs/mle (assuming we get him for 8+mil )

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
Swype auto corrected mvp

People forget just how good that bulls team was that year. This bulls team is better on paper and they don't have to face the heat's defense in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
Come on man. We literally hear this every year.

Explain to me what else they could have done to get Melo to choose Chicago over NY?

You also have no idea what really went on behind the scenes. As far I as know they tried to explore every avenue they could.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
Explain to me what else they could have done to get Melo to choose Chicago over NY?

You also have no idea what really went on behind the scenes. As far I as know they tried to explore every avenue they could.

As far as I know, you and I know absolutely nothing about what actually happened.

In the end, it's about the result and the result was they couldn't land the big fish.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
Ya...Bulls clearly should have moved all their salary BEFORE they even knew they were getting him....Brilliant.

They did all they can do, there were reports that they had trades lined up to get Melo his money, it just didn't happen....This isn't xbox man, this is real life.

If those reports were true and Bulls can offer Melo close to the max through a S&T, then shame on Phil for not making the better basketball decision by doing the S&T to clear up cap space and rebuild.

Signing Melo for $25 mil a year when you have no young talent and draft picks build around is not going build you a winner.

This isn't on garpax. How much worse would this be if they gutted the team to offer him the max and he still said no?

Melo took the money you can't blame him or the front office. Blame the CBA if you need a scape goat.

Representatives for Carmelo Anthony are presently in negotiations on a contract that will bring him back to the New York Knicks, sources tell ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

The Chicago Bulls and the Houston Rockets have been told by Anthony's representatives to move on, the sources said.

ESPN

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
This isn't on garpax. How much worse would this be if they gutted the team to offer him the max and he still said no?

They'd have approximately the same chance of winning an NBA championship.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)
As far as I know, you and I know absolutely nothing about what actually happened.

In the end, it's about the result and the result was they couldn't land the big fish.

Exactly so how can we blame them if we don't know what happen. We do know it was down to NY and CHI and whatever we did it made it a tough decision for Melo to choose.. Took him over 10 days to decide.

You also can't come up with what else we could have done.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
If this was 3 years ago, I would have been really excited about Pau. But he's just not the same player he was in his prime. Not even close. Pau hasn't been that much better than Boozer in the last two years.

Bringing Mirotic over should be nice though. We finally have something on this year's team we hadn't had the past few years: depth and lots of it, especially in the front court.

I'd love to keep DJ for the BAE as well. He'll be a nice security blanket for Rose and can come off the bench as some instant offense.

We've always relied on our bench too much - Nate, Augustin, Bellinelli, Taj, the bench mob from a few years ago.

We need superstars, multiples, and healthy. We still have the same issue as we did in 2011, we do not have an additional scorer who can create his own shot.

This is sad.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
Exactly so how can we blame them if we don't know what happen. We do know it was down to NY and CHI and whatever we did it made it a tough decision for Melo to choose.. Took him over 10 days to decide.

You also can't come up with what else we could have done.

Look at the second sentence of my post.

In the end, you can only judge on the result in this case since we don't actually know what happened. This isn't the first time we've struck out on a big name.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
We've always relied on our bench too much - Nate, Augustin, Bellinelli, Taj, the bench mob from a few years ago.

We need superstars, multiples, and healthy. We still have the same issue as we did in 2011, we do not have an additional scorer who can create his own shot.

This is sad.

Eh, we need one healthy superstar and a great supporting cast. We don't have either right now really lol.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
Eh, we need one healthy superstar and a great supporting cast. We don't have either right now really lol.

We have a fantastic supporting cast. I mean, one of the guys won DPOY and was first team all nba.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
We have a fantastic supporting cast. I mean, one of the guys won DPOY and was first team all nba.

We have a supporting cast that does one thing well: play defense.

That's great and all, but we also need people to score.