2014-2015 NBA thread

Well game over.

Snell was incredible. Bairstow defensively looks great. Doug looked pretty slow out of control and off. So hopefully he gets better. Rest were garbage save some PG from Canisius. He was dope as hell.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's funny, b/c while not getting Melo was obviously a big disappointment, the Bulls are still in pretty decent shape for 2014-15 and with some luck might actually be better than that, but Bulls fans are really down on it (they're pretty much down on everything, all the time since the 2011 season). If this exact same roster was the Knicks, Knicks fans would be acting like they're already in the Finals, because Knicks fans are the complete opposite of Bulls fans. Melo going back to the Knicks was like a major coup, as if the team he went back to didn't just miss the playoffs in a historically bad conference WITH him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
It's funny, b/c while not getting Melo was obviously a big disappointment, the Bulls are still in pretty decent shape for 2014-15 and with some luck might actually be better than that, but Bulls fans are really down on it (they're pretty much down on everything, all the time since the 2011 season). If this exact same roster was the Knicks, Knicks fans would be acting like they're already in the Finals, because Knicks fans are the complete opposite of Bulls fans. Melo going back to the Knicks was like a major coup, as if the team he went back to didn't just miss the playoffs in a historically bad conference WITH him.

I give it two years before they look to trade him. They'll strike out worse than the Bulls in free agency and they still have very, very few picks to rebuild in the draft.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 06:45 PM)
im glad its my birthday and im alrray drubk and dont feel like reading all thesesr hareful messages aviut my precious bulls........Doug McDermoot FTW!

oh and ;ancve steveson is a stroke! Vince Carter FTW!

Wow, the fakeness of this post is soooo obvious. It was even edited.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)

IF you get back a healthy Derrick Rose, the Bulls have just as good of a chance as anyone in the East, assuming the Cavs don't get Love.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
Come on, have you ever watched Gasol play? He is a beautiful passer, can hit an open shot, and has excellent post moves. Peak Gasol is when he's playing on spanish national team surrounded by shooters, ball goes into him and he dissects the defense apart. He was, was, unbelievable. HE's not great defensively but he's not horrendously stupid on rotations like Boozer.

Gasol is a perfect fit for this offense.

Defense, we won't talk about.

That being considered, that makes him better than Boozer.

Gasol is a really good passer, so was Boozer though. Offensively Boozer wasn't really a big problem, it's just he had a hard time against length in the low post, and if that length was athletic, forget it (Bosh). And also Boozer had NO lift for a guy who is 6'9" and damn near 300 lbs of muscle, I swear he got rejected at the rim more than anyone else in the league. Gasol has better moves than Boozer though and gets to the line more. People are probably gonna be frustrated when they see him shooting (like when Boozer popped that high 15 footer) but they shouldn't be.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 11:15 PM)
Pierce signs for midlevel.

I would have liked the Bulls to get him. He can still score during crunch time and he came at a reasonable price.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 11:15 PM)
Pierce signs for midlevel.

With Washington? That team likes to play fast. Pierce in the half court could really slow things down now.

They could use a veteran like that though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
A Minnesota paper reported yesterday that Flip Saunders asked the Bulls for Taj, Butler, McDermott, Mirotic, and picks for Kevin Love. That's ridiculous. That's way too much.

Neil-patrick-harris-spit-take.gif

Absurd

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
Neil-patrick-harris-spit-take.gif

Absurd

there are 2 players I would like the bulls go for, I know it may depend on salary cap and players the bulls have

on the team. however, Lance Stephenson is a player I am intrigue with, move bulter to SF and keep Lance as

SG. there is a reason for getting him.

with the rumors of how he is, I think the bulls org esp with the coach we have may help him there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
As long as we keep posthummus.

By all means, for the comedy. Along the same lines but seriously, as much as I want Boozer gone I will miss the guy when he is indeed gone. Only for his antics, that and the fact that he's a good guy. Also, despite his obvious limitations I think he played his butt off for the Bulls.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
Love you give up the entire roster minus Rose and Noah and be fine with it. Assuming he resigns.

I actually agree with this. At this point, you take that trade and take Kevin Martin back and boom. But the Bulls are still the Bulls, so they won't trade any of those "assets".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
I actually agree with this. At this point, you take that trade and take Kevin Martin back and boom. But the Bulls are still the Bulls, so they won't trade any of those "assets".

Also yup.