2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
If Rose is healthy, Kirk is a better fit for the Bulls. The problem is Kirk needs to be playing 12-15 minutes a night, tops.

They need another G. I've seen rumors of guys like Aaron Brooks or Ramon Sessions possibly for the vet minimum.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 07:09 PM)
Poll: would you rather have signed Pierce for 2 and $11 million or Nikola Mirotic for 3 and $17 million?

I'd rather have the top prospect with fresh legs than the dinosaur. Every GM in the NBA would agree.

I kind of feel the way I did about the Bears a few years ago. Tired of good defense, I want to score some points.

Of course that method hasn't worked for the Bears the past couple of seasons, but still.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
i just want to fast forward past speculation. this thread is gonna be such an argumentative downer until the season starts

In what way will the season make it stop being an argumentative downer? We could win 70 games and the complaint would be that we're a regular season team only

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 09:00 AM)
In what way will the season make it stop being an argumentative downer? We could win 70 games and the complaint would be that we're a regular season team only

I can still enjoy the games

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 09:32 PM)
I'm actually excited about the Bulls, obviously it all hinges on Rose ability to stay on the floor.

+1. They will be a good shooting team with tons of versatility. Even though it's summer league play, the fact that Snell and McBuckets have shot the ball well is a really good sign. Snell also appears to have worked on his ball handling too. Maybe he's your back-up SG.

The next top of the line in his prime free agent the Bulls sign will be the first. If you or they are counting on making cap space in the future to sign these types, you and they are only kidding themselves. Rarely do these types even move.

Fraschilla said Mirotic would have been top 4 in this draft and says right now he is a young Turkoglu. McBuckets scored 31 in a summer league game. It's totally downplayed. That is 2 lottery picks in this draft where most of complainers thought the Bulls should tank to get a lottery pick. Yet they complain when they trade their 2 picks to get a lottery pick. Rose is coming back. Gasol put up 20 with 19 boards agains the Defensive Player of the Year last year. Pardon me while I think that more than offsets the loss of DJ Augustin. The Bulls weren't going to get Melo and unless they totally gut their roster, no shot at Love. Be realistic. This team won 48, added 2 lottery picks, a 26 year old former MVP, and a possible HOFer with some gas left in the tank. That's not bad. The Heat isn't going to be the Heat. The Bulls, health provided, have a decent shot at the finals.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
The next top of the line in his prime free agent the Bulls sign will be the first. If you or they are counting on making cap space in the future to sign these types, you and they are only kidding themselves. Rarely do these types even move.

Fraschilla said Mirotic would have been top 4 in this draft and says right now he is a young Turkoglu. McBuckets scored 31 in a summer league game. It's totally downplayed. That is 2 lottery picks in this draft where most of complainers thought the Bulls should tank to get a lottery pick. Yet they complain when they trade their 2 picks to get a lottery pick. Rose is coming back. Gasol put up 20 with 19 boards agains the Defensive Player of the Year last year. Pardon me while I think that more than offsets the loss of DJ Augustin. The Bulls weren't going to get Melo and unless they totally gut their roster, no shot at Love. Be realistic. This team won 48, added 2 lottery picks, a 26 year old former MVP, and a possible HOFer with some gas left in the tank. That's not bad. The Heat isn't going to be the Heat. The Bulls, health provided, have a decent shot at the finals.

I could legitimately disagree with some of those, some of those are valid comebacks...but the bolded is on another level. Seriously, you actually wrote that without laughing?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
I like the team. They're fun to watch, for me. Should be a lot more fun this year

The very fact that there isn't a BS manufactured super team this year will almost certainly have me watching more games, but I'm going to be pessimistic unless #1 convinces me not to be.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 02:16 PM)
If they chose Hinrich instead of Augustin, I'm gonna be pissed.

Hinrich better not be getting the BAE. I really want Augustin or Sessions and they need to find a way to get them in at that price. We can't have Kirk as our primary back-up. If the organization hasn't learned that we can't just rely on Rose being healthy, then good grief.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 03:13 PM)
@nikolamirotic12 52s

I am very happy and excited to announce that next season I will be playing with the @chicagobulls . Today I fulfill a dream. #BullsNation

Mirotic, Gasol, Hinrich, McBuckets, and another back-up PG is a solid off-season. Then we should be scouring the trade market to try and find an upgrade at the 2 guard if we at all can. We will rely on Rose but this team has a lot of good young core pieces, a veteran presence, and some nice upside. However, it is clearly dependent on Rose to win it all. The fact that we lost Melo, who clearly wanted as much money as possible, isn't something anyone can or should lose sleep over.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
Hinrich better not be getting the BAE. I really want Augustin or Sessions and they need to find a way to get them in at that price. We can't have Kirk as our primary back-up. If the organization hasn't learned that we can't just rely on Rose being healthy, then good grief.

Problem is they may have learned a different lesson too. "If Rose gets hurt we can pick up a PG off the scrap heap and still win >45 games so why should we spend money on anyone as insurance for that scenario"?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
You want the offense to improve without the defense takin' a hit. We got six white dudes. None of which are known for their defensive prowess.

Hinrich is known for his defense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 09:43 AM)

I think Augustin is basically a Piston after agreeing to 2yrs/6mil

Sessions would be nice pickup tho, along the lines of vet min which is basically all the Bulls can afford now anyway.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
Gasol is better offensively than Boozer and he definitely can't be worse defensively.

Dunleavy is more or less average defensively (good length).

Just because they're white doesn't mean they can't fit into the system.

Gasol can also spell Noah, which is something Boozer couldn't do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
A 48 win team added Rose, Gasol, Mirotic and McBuckets. Losing Melo sucks, but I think if Rose is back to being Rose this is a title contending team.

If Rose is back to being Rose, this is the best team in the east (with the Cavs currently constructed). With Rose being at 90%, this is still a title contending team. Great depth, however, I do expect rust as we are going to see two rookies get pretty significant action and I also expect Tony Snell to get quite a bit of minutes (and I don't personally think that is a bad thing). He's put on a lot of weight and will continue to grow with this squad into a pretty serviceable player.