2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 10:54 PM)
We should get Jordan Crawford so he can tell Melo that KG f***ed his wife.

I would love Jordan Crawford but do not see a way to get him. He was pretty damn good for Clips.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
I would love Jordan Crawford but do not see a way to get him. He was pretty damn good for Clips.

I think you mean Jamal.

Jordan Crawford is very available and can be had for fairly cheap.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 02:53 PM)
Bucks are $13 million under the cap.

Any chance we can trade Boozer for OJ Mayo?

I'd be okay with that. Use the TPE gained in your S&T for Gasol and then you use the MLE on Mirotic and use Hinrich's bird rights to resign him, thus giving you the BAE still. This way you add Mayo (and his contract) + a BAE that could give you a point guard. This sort of creative move would be great, but prepare to give up some picks or something to make it worth the Bucks while (does free up future cap for Bucks while ties down our cap, which doesn't matter). Bulls still stay well below luxury tax but might get in a tough spot when it comes to reinking Butler.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
I'd be okay with that. Use the TPE gained in your S&T for Gasol and then you use the MLE on Mirotic and use Hinrich's bird rights to resign him, thus giving you the BAE still. This way you add Mayo (and his contract) + a BAE that could give you a point guard. This sort of creative move would be great, but prepare to give up some picks or something to make it worth the Bucks while (does free up future cap for Bucks while ties down our cap, which doesn't matter). Bulls still stay well below luxury tax but might get in a tough spot when it comes to reinking Butler.

Yeah, Mayo is making an inflated $8 million, which is way too much for him if you ask me. Only reason to do it is to get something useful for Boozer.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
Yeah, Mayo is making an inflated $8 million, which is way too much for him if you ask me. Only reason to do it is to get something useful for Boozer.

I don't think you spend that money unless you think Mayo will get in shape and be productive.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 05:10 PM)
I don't think you spend that money unless you think Mayo will get in shape and be productive.

Playing for Thibs and on a roster with Noah, he'd do so or wind up with his ass beat. Great buy-low option there if you can unload MDJ as well to make the cap work.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
Can you even spend money for Mayo? Don't the Bulls need every dime of Boozer money??

No; You get a TPE for the difference between two players, which works out to slightly more then what Pau Gasol makes, therefor, you S&T Pau Gasol with Lakers for TPE (not sure if the Lakers then get the TPE). You may or may not have to get Lakers help to facilitate this deal. They might do it for nothing as a sign of appreciation for Pau (as the deal doesn't hurt them).

Finally got around to watching the Snell and DMD highlights from yesterday....I know its summer league but you still gotta be impressed with the range they displayed. I'm pulling for Tony to impress enough to be the starter along side Butler. Those guys length out there together is gonna make it really tough on opposing wings.

I like this team. Somewhat surprisingly so do most of the talking heads on ESPN. SAS and Skip Bayless both think the Bulls are the team to beat in the East (yes I'm aware who those 2 are). There's been quite a few other guys that have said the same. If Rose is healthy it wouldn't shock me one bit if this team comes out of the East.....Even if Kirk gets hurt and they are forced to play Mike James 15 min per game.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
Finally got around to watching the Snell and DMD highlights from yesterday....I know its summer league but you still gotta be impressed with the range they displayed. I'm pulling for Tony to impress enough to be the starter along side Butler. Those guys length out there together is gonna make it really tough on opposing wings.

I like this team. Somewhat surprisingly so do most of the talking heads on ESPN. SAS and Skip Bayless both think the Bulls are the team to beat in the East (yes I'm aware who those 2 are). There's been quite a few other guys that have said the same. If Rose is healthy it wouldn't shock me one bit if this team comes out of the East.....Even if Kirk gets hurt and they are forced to play Mike James 15 min per game.

I know what you mean, but Butler has 0 length. He has T-Rex arms.

He and Noah (who also has shorter arms) are just crafty, tenacious defenders.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 06:36 PM)
I know what you mean, but Butler has 0 length. He has T-Rex arms.

He and Noah (who also has shorter arms) are just crafty, tenacious defenders.

Just looked it up, you are correct. Guess I just assumed a 6'7" sg who is as good as he is defensively would have great length. I stand corrected. But ya defensively he and Snell out there together should still be a tough group to score on.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 06:54 PM)
So sick of "if Rose is healthy" this team is whatever. Rose has to be more than just healthy. He has to be healthy and dominate. We all saw how bad he looked at the start of last year. Now add another year of rehab/rust/etc to that.

That's why him playing in the FIBA World Cup is so important. It's a nice measuring stick for how his recovery will go.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 06:54 PM)
So sick of "if Rose is healthy" this team is whatever. Rose has to be more than just healthy. He has to be healthy and dominate. We all saw how bad he looked at the start of last year. Now add another year of rehab/rust/etc to that.

I'm pretty sure that's what everyone means when they say "if Rose is healthy". Takes too long to "and is dominate"

He'll be rusty but he's got 5 months to knock ff said rust. Even a rusty Rose for a few months will get the Bulls in the playoffs. It's when they get there when he has to be back to the All Star level for the Bulls to have a chance at a title.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 07:02 PM)
I'm pretty sure that's what everyone means when they say "if Rose is healthy". Takes too long to "and is dominate"

He'll be rusty but he's got 5 months to knock ff said rust. Even a rusty Rose for a few months will get the Bulls in the playoffs. It's when they get there when he has to be back to the All Star level for the Bulls to have a chance at a title.

It's just that I don't think Bulls fans realize or are simply naive to how daunting a task it will be for Rose to get back to his past level in one year. The guy has missed roughly 3 years. It'd be an accomplishment if he were to even play at Kyle Lowry's 2014 level, let alone 2011 mvp, this upcoming season. This is why whiffin' on Melo sucks so much ass. With Melo, Rose doesn't have to dominate.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 06:33 AM)
I kind of feel the way I did about the Bears a few years ago. Tired of good defense, I want to score some points.

Of course that method hasn't worked for the Bears the past couple of seasons, but still.

Ha, so true. The thing with Bears though is that they went from a solid defense with a terrible offense to a historically bad defense with a very good offense. I'm betting the Bulls will noticeably improve on offense, and no way will Thibs allow the defense to drop off in a major way. I just hope Thibs give Niko and McBuckets alot of burn.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 07:08 PM)
It's just that I don't think Bulls fans realize or are simply naive to how daunting a task it will be for Rose to get back to his past level in one year. The guy has missed roughly 3 years. It'd be an accomplishment if he were to even play at Kyle Lowry's 2014 level, let alone 2011 mvp, this upcoming season. This is why whiffin' on Melo sucks so much ass. With Melo, Rose doesn't have to dominate.

I guess that's fair to think....I do think it'll take him a few months but I don't think it's that naive to think come playoff time he'll be god enough for the Bulls to be serious contenders.

He was already showing signs last year in just 10 games.