2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
You're better than this. Doug isn't playing SG and that nickname is turrable.

Read my comment again. It said "noBuckets", which is what I call Jimmy Buckets, since he shoots 38%.

McBuckets has been nuts in Summer League and shoots the ball like a mad man off the screen and has me pretty excited.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder how much this guy ends up signing for....

Not sure what his story is but he looks like he's a fun lil player who could be the next JLIII/Nate/DJ. I've read he's been on NBA radars for years and that several teams are interested so I kinda doubt he gets the minimum....But then again he's 29 and never played in the NBA so who knows.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
Completely agree. I'd take Lebron, Durant, George, Melo, and Chris Paul over him, for starters. Could add to the list but just rolled the first 5 that came to my head off the list.

Yeah, going further, I'd take healthy Rose, Westbrook, Bosh, Howard and Harden over Love too. Just not a fan of his. I wouldn't trade Wiggins for him, no way.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:01 AM)
Lance to charlotte

3 yr/ 27mil (3rd year looks like a team option)

Good pickup for the Hornets, adds some scoring to that roster, let's just see if they can smooth out his antics.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:09 AM)
3 yr/ 27mil (3rd year looks like a team option)

That's a really solid deal for both - Lance sets himself up for a nice little payday if he continues to develop.

Charlotte's on the right track. I mean, they won't ever win anything and are smack dab in the middle of NBA hell, but at least they aren't going to lose 50 games.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 03:03 AM)
Yeah, going further, I'd take healthy Rose, Westbrook, Bosh, Howard and Harden over Love too. Just not a fan of his. I wouldn't trade Wiggins for him, no way.

Your whole list is f***ed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
Your whole list is f***ed.

To expand - Rose has a max contract and has hardly played in three years. Westbrook, while awesome in the bounceback season, has his own worries regarding his legs. Bosh, I mean that one's not even worth discussing. Dwight is a shell of his former self (still very good, but his efficiency is light years behind Love). Harden is the only one you could really argue, but I think I'd still lean Love.

Kevin Love was 3rd in PER behind LeBron and Durant last season.

Sorry, not trying to pick on you, but your post was ignorant and laughable.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
To expand - Rose has a max contract and has hardly played in three years. Westbrook, while awesome in the bounceback season, has his own worries regarding his legs. Bosh, I mean that one's not even worth discussing. Dwight is a shell of his former self (still very good, but his efficiency is light years behind Love). Harden has been overrated since he dropped 50 like his first week in Houston (good player, no doubt, but not near that level).

Kevin Love was 3rd in PER behind LeBron and Durant last season.

Sorry, not trying to pick on you, but your post was ignorant and laughable.

If everything went right with one of those guys then I'd prefer them to Love. But...the reason why Love stands out is that as of recent years, things have gone wrong with those guys that haven't gone wrong for Love. Fair statement?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:31 AM)
:(

9 million per. Has to be best value of the offseason for a guy switching teams (not named lebron)

Really? Pau Gasol at 7.3 seems like the better get to me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
Really? Pau Gasol at 7.3 seems like the better get to me.

Really? A guy who has played 65 games or fewer 3 of the last 4 seasons and was worth fewer "win shares" than the 23 year old in each of the last 2 seasons? Man, I see how Gasol fits with the Bulls but that strikes me as an equal stretch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:46 AM)
If everything went right with one of those guys then I'd prefer them to Love. But...the reason why Love stands out is that as of recent years, things have gone wrong with those guys that haven't gone wrong for Love. Fair statement?

Well, to be fair, 4th quarters and playoffs have not gone right for Love. Love is an odd case, he is tremendously talented of course, but he hasnt shown that he can raise the level of play around him. There was a lot of talk of stat padding this offseason. But it is hard to tell because of the team around him.

I want to see him on a playoff chasing team. Just, not Cleveland.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)
Really? A guy who has played 65 games or fewer 3 of the last 4 seasons and was worth fewer "win shares" than the 23 year old in each of the last 2 seasons? Man, I see how Gasol fits with the Bulls but that strikes me as an equal stretch.

Win shares? Ok, and Pau had a PER of 19.3 vs Lance's 14.7.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
Win shares? Ok, and Pau had a PER of 19.3 vs Lance's 14.7.

yes, but when you take into account the number of games played, the age of the player, and the trend lines. Which would you like more, a guy who plays 25 minutes for 50 games and is very effective or a guy who is a solid player who gives you 35/80?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 08:16 AM)
yes, but when you take into account the number of games played, the age of the player, and the trend lines. Which would you like more, a guy who plays 25 minutes for 50 games and is very effective or a guy who is a solid player who gives you 35/80?

There is a lot more to his PT than just injuries. D'Antonio refused to play him correctly and tried to make him into a midrange shooter, and sat him a lot due to him not fitting into the system.

I think Pau has plenty left in the tank. He isnt the same Pau that won championships with the Lakers, but he hasnt had that far of a drop off.