2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 06:16 PM)
I now wish we didn't trade Deng in a salary dump last year. We feel we have a scary roster with plenty of depth and length right now, had we not trade Deng, we could have still made all the moves we made, and resign him with the Bird rights, and still stay under the tax apron, which frankly would have been a greater addition than anyone we can get in the FA market right now.

In that scenario, we would have had the repeat offender MLE, which Gasol would not have accepted, I'm guessing mirotic may have been addition.

Rose-HInrich

Butler-Snell

Deng-Dunleavy-Mcdermott

Taj-Mirotic

Noah-Greg SMith

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
Salary-wise, I think both wouldn't be here.

No; You have your MLE in the affermentioned scenario and Mirotic signed for the MLE and Pau close to it so one of them would be here (you'd also be well below the luxury tax). Right now Bulls are significantly below the luxury tax threshold and they would be with Deng as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
I always wonder how much Deng's wrist (and the fact that he did not opt for surgery) impacted his wrist.

I bet his wrist had a lot of influence over his wrist

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
I always wonder how much Deng's wrist (and the fact that he did not opt for surgery) impacted his wrist.

Well his 3 point shot certainly wasn't there the last 2 years. Last 2 years combined he shot 31%.

Maybe the only thing that changes if Deng was still here is they would have traded for Lavine or kept their picks and added Harris or Hood....

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
So the Pacers starting backcourt is currently George Hill and CJ Miles....yikes...And we think the Bulls have guard issues.

What the Pacers are has nothing to do with what the Bulls are.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)
For all their perceived problems they still had the best record in the East and took the Heat to 6 games

Idk if they will be able to get out the first round this year without Stephenson though

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
Idk if they will be able to get out the first round this year without Stephenson though

If Hibbert and George play like all stars then that's a 2nd round capable team. Of course, I'm counting like 5-6 2nd round capable teams in the East and can't figure out who will get beyond that at this point. (Cavs, Bulls, Pacers, Wizards, maybe Bobcats, Heat, maybe a surprise or two somewhere).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
If Hibbert and George play like all stars then that's a 2nd round capable team. Of course, I'm counting like 5-6 2nd round capable teams in the East and can't figure out who will get beyond that at this point. (Cavs, Bulls, Pacers, Wizards, maybe Bobcats, Heat, maybe a surprise or two somewhere).

It will be interesting to see if we get a bounceback from a lot of their key guys with Stevenson gone.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)

Toronto.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
Toronto.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
Atlanta too.

So basically the East has 8 teams that could potentially get to the 2nd round and 0 teams deserving of the conference finals as of now in my eyes. I think that sums it up pretty well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
So basically the East has 8 teams that could potentially get to the 2nd round and 0 teams deserving of the conference finals as of now in my eyes. I think that sums it up pretty well.

A healthy Bulls team is absolutely deserving and I don't see any reason why the Cavs wouldn't potentially be deserving.