2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 12:04 AM)
Bulls targeting Aaron Brooks, per CSN

Short? Check

Used to be decent? Check

Can shoot the 3? Check

Looks like he'll be the next PG resurrection project.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)
The thing about the amnesty that f***s you is that it happens after everyone has spent their money. He would have gotten himself paid if he became available July 1

He still gets the 17 million from Chicago. Carlos Boozer make almost as much as LeBron James this year. He's doing ok.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
Aaron Brooks is a competent backup imo.....but then again imo so is Kirk.

Yea but contingency plans must be made for the times that Kirks left calf breaks or he breaks a pinky bone

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
Yea but contingency plans must be made for the times that Kirks left calf breaks or he breaks a pinky bone

And I agree, which is why I responded "yes please" to the Brooks rumor. I'd prefer Sessions but I believe I read that he's getting offers of 2M+ so he's probably unrealistic.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
And I agree, which is why I responded "yes please" to the Brooks rumor. I'd prefer Sessions but I believe I read that he's getting offers of 2M+ so he's probably unrealistic.

Yeah, Brooks/Sessions would be my preferences as well. Just not worried about a PG in this offense. We've seen Mike James drop 28 leading the o.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
Jordan McCrae might be a steal.

McRae might not be able to do anything but score, but he sure does it well. I hope (and think) he makes someone's roster. Good character guy who can provide points in a hurry. Always room for that at the end of the bench.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
Just saw a tweet that cavs willing to include Wiggins.

So long "wide open east", you were a fun 1 week.

You guys can laugh all you want, not buying Love + Cavs = invincible in their first year together. Down the road as young guys develope, I can see that, right off the bat, no.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
You guys can laugh all you want, not buying Love + Cavs = invincible in their first year together. Down the road as young guys develope, I can see that, right off the bat, no.

I would not say they're invincible, but I'd say they'd appear on paper head and shoulders above the pack in the East.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)
I would not say they're invincible, but I'd say they'd appear on paper head and shoulders above the pack in the East.

Sorry, not buying it.

Part of the reason why 2000s LeBron/Cavs were so good (at least in the regular season) was that they were a really good defensive team with the best 2 way player in LeBron. What made the Heat great the first three years was the fact they had three legit offensive stars along with being among the best defensive teams when they wanted to be.

This Cavs team has alot of offensive power with LeBron/Love/Kyrie but on paper, that's an awful defense. They can certainly score but other teams will score on them too.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
Sorry, not buying it.

Part of the reason why 2000s LeBron/Cavs were so good (at least in the regular season) was that they were a really good defensive team with the best 2 way player in LeBron. What made the Heat great the first three years was the fact they had three legit offensive stars along with being among the best defensive teams when they wanted to be.

This Cavs team has alot of offensive power with LeBron/Love/Kyrie but on paper, that's an awful defense. They can certainly score but other teams will score on them too.

What I like about that team is, we have defensive people at the right positions for that potential match-up and should be able to take advantage of the weak defense at some of those positions.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
Sorry, not buying it.

The problem is I can find much worse negative things to say about almost every other team in the East. The Cavs might be weak on defense but they at least would have some serious strengths to counter it.

When you start comparing them to the West, they're definitely not invincible, but no one in the East has sold me on being a well rounded team without major holes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)
The problem is I can find much worse negative things to say about almost every other team in the East. The Cavs might be weak on defense but they at least would have some serious strengths to counter it.

When you start comparing them to the West, they're definitely not invincible, but no one in the East has sold me on being a well rounded team without major holes.

Assuming, as we must do, that Rose is healthy, what is the Bulls glaring weakness?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)

Yes of course. That's why I don't buy the Cavs as being head and shoulders above the rest. They will be good, but I think we can match up with them. I don't feel as hopeless against this Cavs team as I did when LeBron was in Miami. The Bulls will still be a very good defensive team, Thibs will make sure of that, but we added guys who can score. Again, Rose will need to healthy and at least be 80% of MVP Rose.