2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 12:45 PM)
While true, I'd still take Nate over Hinrich and DJ over Hinrich. The problem is Hinrich. I'll already take Aaron over Hinrich.

This is a really bad statement. Hinrich is much more valuable than any of those guys.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are right, for less money, Nate and DJ only offered us more ppg, more assists per game, better FG% and better 3pt FG%, and only slightly less steals and rebounds than Kirk Hinrich the past two years.

Also Kirk sucks at free throws.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
You are right, for less money, Nate and DJ only offered us more ppg, more assists per game, better FG% and better 3pt FG%, and only slightly less steals and rebounds than Kirk Hinrich the past two years.

Kirk is the far superior defensive player and those smaller guys get completely wiped out in the playoffs. Bulls also just signed another PG in Aaron Brooks that will be just as good as those other guys.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
DJ was getting skullf***ed in the playoffs by Wall and Beal. As bad as Robinson was the year before.

Kirk Hinrich was just as bad as DJ and Robinson was actually solid in the postseason the year before.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
Kirk is the far superior defensive player and those smaller guys get completely wiped out in the playoffs. Bulls also just signed another PG in Aaron Brooks that will be just as good as those other guys.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 05:10 PM)
DJ was getting skullf***ed in the playoffs by Wall and Beal. As bad as Robinson was the year before.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
Kirk Hinrich was just as bad as DJ and Robinson was actually solid in the postseason the year before.

Guys, the only question that's going to matter is whether those guys are the main PG for 48 minutes in the postseason or whether they have 10-20 to cover. They should get torched if they're out there for 48 against starters.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Fantastic.

Gonna be real interesting to see how all the minutes are spread out next year.

I hope Thibs has more then a 7 or 8 man rotation during the regular season.. Almost everyone on the roster right now should be getting minutes

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)

Yeah and wasn't hinroch SO awesome in the playoffs? Nate Robinson won that series with nets along with noah and was reason we stole game 1 vs Heat

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
Yeah and wasn't hinroch SO awesome in the playoffs? Nate Robinson won that series with nets along with noah and was reason we stole game 1 vs Heat

You gotta realize Thibs is a defensive minded coach and Hinrich is a really good defender. That means something. Thibs also likes using the 2 pg backcourts from time to time and with Hinrich able to play most sgs that works.

Whether we like it or not I truly believe Thibs was genuine when he said Hinrich was a must.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 06:44 PM)
You gotta realize Thibs is a defensive minded coach and Hinrich is a really good defender. That means something. Thibs also likes using the 2 pg backcourts from time to time and with Hinrich able to play most sgs that works.

Whether we like it or not I truly believe Thibs was genuine when he said Hinrich was a must.

Hinrich on the court is not necessarily a problem if there's an actual playmaker next to him at PG. We just can't remember that because it's been so long since we've had a legit PG.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
I hope Thibs has more then a 7 or 8 man rotation during the regular season.. Almost everyone on the roster right now should be getting minutes

He will. Remember 2011, Thibs used all of Thomas boozer Noah Gibson and asik, and Keith cj rose brewer deng and Korver. He will play you if he trusts you. Last year was by far our thinnest and weakest.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 19, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
He will. Remember 2011, Thibs used all of Thomas boozer Noah Gibson and asik, and Keith cj rose brewer deng and Korver. He will play you if he trusts you. Last year was by far our thinnest and weakest.

Yeah, he's gotta be pretty happy with this roster right now. He sounds excited about he depth. I just hope he doesn't get so stubborn like he did last year in the playoffs where there's obvious and critical needs for scoring, just need one basket, and Dunleavy sits on the bench.

T Wolves are brilliant. They've put themselves in a position where they have to get Love. Everyone knows they aren't good enough without him and the public speculation and the stuff like LBJ calling Love mean that Cleveland has failed if they don't get him. So what does Minny do? "More please!" Yep, just keep asking for more because CLE is backed into a corner

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
T Wolves are brilliant. They've put themselves in a position where they have to get Love. Everyone knows they aren't good enough without him and the public speculation and the stuff like LBJ calling Love mean that Cleveland has failed if they don't get him. So what does Minny do? "More please!" Yep, just keep asking for more because CLE is backed into a corner

It's also made Golden State up their offer as well. I really want Love, but that's seemingly unrealistic at this point, so with that said I really hope they trade him to GS.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
It's also made Golden State up their offer as well. I really want Love, but that's seemingly unrealistic at this point, so with that said I really hope they trade him to GS.

Golden State has to be dead at this point. They can't match Cleveland with Wiggins on the table. When losing a superstar like Love, this is a dream come true scenario for them.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)

T-wolves and brilliant in the same sentence? Yeah, I don't think so.