2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
Yeah, this reeks of "Chicago is trying to put pressure on Cleveland.

And I'm fine with that.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to give up half of our team for Kevin Love, especially after we more or less solidified our front court.

If anything, I just want Kevin Martin for the right price.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 11:09 AM)
The one positive (cuz hey, let's whip ourselves into a frenzy one more time this off season) is that Flip wants to win now and Wiggins isn't going to do that for him. Taj and Butler and some draft picks let's him sorta do that and plan for the future. Still not sure that's getting them to the playoffs though.

I find it hard to believe they'd part with McDermott or Mirotic so soon. Taj and Butler and Dunleavy and picks are the only possibilities I would think.

Have they signed Dougie McD to a contract yet? I don't know if Mirotic can be traded so soon, could be wrong. I don't know that I would trade Taj, Butler, McDermott, and Mirotic. That would be a pretty steap price and would leave us with very little depth. And I would think you'd at the very least have to include Taj / Butler and one of Mirotic / McDermott.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
Have they signed Dougie McD to a contract yet? I don't know if Mirotic can be traded so soon, could be wrong. I don't know that I would trade Taj, Butler, McDermott, and Mirotic. That would be a pretty steap price and would leave us with very little depth. And I would think you'd at the very least have to include Taj / Butler and one of Mirotic / McDermott.

McDermott hasn't been signed yet. I don't think Bairstow has been either.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
I don't believe that for a second of course but if failed to land Kevin Love because of Doug McDermott just lol

I don't believe any of these reports but that seems like a very Bulls thing to do.

I don't trust that Stein actually has any bulls sources so I feel like this is coming from Twolves for Cavs.

Although maybe Wiggins has never actually been offered and this is the cavs just seeing what national response would be to trading wiggins since they seem like the type of org that is scared of their own shadow.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
lol, what? The Bulls have zero chance at topping the Cavs offer. Their only chance is if someone convinces Love that he doesn't want to resign with Cleveland, but he does want to sign in Chicago.

All of this. Andrew Wiggins = Bulls don't get Love. LeBron = Love does want to sign in Cleveland. This is just ESPN, somehow, still wanting clicks.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
The one positive (cuz hey, let's whip ourselves into a frenzy one more time this off season) is that Flip wants to win now and Wiggins isn't going to do that for him.

LOL, but adding Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler to a talentless Wolves team that doesn't have Kevin Love anymore would?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
LOL, but adding Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler to a talentless Wolves team that doesn't have Kevin Love anymore would?

Reading is fundamental:

The one positive (cuz hey, let's whip ourselves into a frenzy one more time this off season) is that Flip wants to win now and Wiggins isn't going to do that for him. Taj and Butler and some draft picks let's him sorta do that and plan for the future. Still not sure that's getting them to the playoffs though.

But, in year one, Taj and Butler as two of your starters will make your team better than just Wiggins. Wiggins' offensive game is still a work in progress. It's going to take a few years for him to be a really good player, and really there's no guarantee he will be.

That's why if Flip is in "win now" mode - which I think is posturing or else he's incredibly stupid - maybe that's not so outlandish after all.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
Reading is fundamental:

But, in year one, Taj and Butler as two of your starters will make your team better than just Wiggins. Wiggins' offensive game is still a work in progress. It's going to take a few years for him to be a really good player, and really there's no guarantee he will be.

That's why if Flip is in "win now" mode - which I think is posturing or else he's incredibly stupid - maybe that's not so outlandish after all.

If you had to Choose...Taj and Butler for Wiggins or Taj and Butler for Love (ignore that the cap doesn't work in 1 case) which would you do from the Bulls perspective?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
If you had to Choose...Taj and Butler for Wiggins or Taj and Butler for Love (ignore that the cap doesn't work in 1 case) which would you do from the Bulls perspective?

With current roster construction I'd probably take Wiggins.

But lets not completely laugh at butler/taj as a package. [edit: it's fine to laugh at the idea of taking it over Wiggins/Bennett, but yes, I do think with good coaching and a few players hitting their potential, wolves could improve their wins] Taj would actually be a great complement to Pekovic. The Wolves actually had a decent defense last year with two really bad forwards defensively. The two of them would move wolves to a top ten defense. Taj is also a legit 18-10 pf, but the problem is his age undercuts his value. If he was 20 when he came into the league rather than 24 we would have a hell of a trade chip.

The continuing madness of the wolves however is how many damn players they have on that team. They look like they are hoarding assets but they don't use them.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
If we gut the core to get Love, the team won't be any good. Rose-Love-Noah-Gasol does not a good team make

If you are going to trade guys, you have to trade Gibson and Mirotic and just one wing. You can't gut your wings because if you trade all of them, you have no wings and improved an area on your roster that was a strength to begin with.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
If you are going to trade guys, you have to trade Gibson and Mirotic and just one wing. You can't gut your wings because if you trade all of them, you have no wings and improved an area on your roster that was a strength to begin with.

You'd have to hope a front-runner like Allen and Shawn Marion sign for vet mins to fill out team.

edit: I'm going to stop entertaining this as even real. Woj just posted a story 30 minutes ago that didn't even mention Bulls, but the Nuggets. Wolves are just trying to extort more from Cavs and good for them.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
If Wiggins is really on the table there is nothing that the Bulls can offer to trump that.

But Cleveland fans are firmly saying that Wiggins is not in the offer and instead its Thompson and Waiters.