2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
But Cleveland fans are firmly saying that Wiggins is not in the offer and instead its Thompson and Waiters.

And who wouldn't want such important pieces from Cleveland's amazing 26-56 team!

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:05 PM)
And who wouldn't want such important pieces from Cleveland's amazing 26-56 team!

Shows that nobody knows anything. They are dead set that Waiters and Thompson are all they are offering and it beats anything on the market.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
If you had to Choose...Taj and Butler for Wiggins or Taj and Butler for Love (ignore that the cap doesn't work in 1 case) which would you do from the Bulls perspective?

I'd take Love assuming he's going to resign. The Bulls' window to win is the next 3-4 seasons.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:05 PM)

Thompson would be a great piece if he wasn't a free agent after next year. He's a 22 year old PF that is already putting up good numbers. Out of Butler, Gibson, Waiters and Thompson I certainly would take Thompson out of that group if I'm building a team long term and I'm not sure it would be close. I don't care for Waiters at all though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
If you had to Choose...Taj and Butler for Wiggins or Taj and Butler for Love (ignore that the cap doesn't work in 1 case) which would you do from the Bulls perspective?

Love and it's not remotely close. Love is a top 5 player in the league and Wiggins may dream to be.

Dang, so for as bad as Gasol is defensively, he averaged 1.5 blocks/gm last year in limited minutes, Boozer had .3.

That's the benefit of the added height even if defensively he's lost a step.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
Dang, so for as bad as Gasol is defensively, he averaged 1.5 blocks/gm last year in limited minutes, Boozer had .3.

Gasol stuffed Boozer like 3 times last year when the Bulls played the Lakers at the UC.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)
Cowley tweeting, Bulls/Love rumors coming out of Twin cities, absolutely no truth to it.

Cowley tweeting: "Bulls/Love rumors include Ozzie Guillén being sent to Minn as part of the deal. Guillén family is not happy. And, Don Cooper sucks"

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
Cowley tweeting: "Bulls/Love rumors include Ozzie Guillén being sent to Minn as part of the deal. Guillén family is not happy. And, Don Cooper sucks"

:lol:

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)

Gasol also scored 60% of his points or so unassisted vs. Boozer who was below 30%.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
I would guess the Bulls are just trying to make sure that Cleveland gets rid of both Wiggins and Bennett in a trade? I have no idea, but the Bulls clearly can't beat the cavs offer.

I firmly believe we'll be laughing at Cleveland in a half decade or so. Even Bennett is going to become a pretty good player I believe. We shall see.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
I firmly believe we'll be laughing at Cleveland in a half decade or so. Even Bennett is going to become a pretty good player I believe. We shall see.

Cleveland can't get stupid just because LeBron is back. If LeBron is as sincere as he sounded in his letter, he'll be patient and not expect a grandslam right away. Wiggins could be what Len Bias (RIP) was supposed to be to Larry Bird for LeBron as he ages. Cleveland as is is a top 4 seed at worst in the east. Wait a half a season and see where you're at before making a splash.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
Cleveland can't get stupid just because LeBron is back. If LeBron is as sincere as he sounded in his letter, he'll be patient and not expect a grandslam right away. Wiggins could be what Len Bias (RIP) was supposed to be to Larry Bird for LeBron as he ages. Cleveland as is is a top 4 seed at worst in the east. Wait a half a season and see where you're at before making a splash.

Sort of, but Bias was supposed to prolong the celtics dynasty by not only giving Bird some rest, but giving McHale some rest too. Also, bird had just won 3 straight MVPs and didn't appear to be on the downside of his career. Lebron, while still the best player on the planet, doesn't look nearly as dominant as he did a year or two ago. Especially on defense. The cavs should want to take advantage of the 2-3 more years that Lebron in his prime.

If Lebron can change his game to play off the ball and can prolong his career as his athleticism continues to decline ala Kobe or Jordan then waiting might be the best call. It could be risky though.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)
Sort of, but Bias was supposed to prolong the celtics dynasty by not only giving Bird some rest, but giving McHale some rest too. Also, bird had just won 3 straight MVPs and didn't appear to be on the downside of his career. Lebron, while still the best player on the planet, doesn't look nearly as dominant as he did a year or two ago. Especially on defense. The cavs should want to take advantage of the 2-3 more years that Lebron in his prime.

If Lebron can change his game to play off the ball and can prolong his career as his athleticism continues to decline ala Kobe or Jordan then waiting might be the best call. It could be risky though.

Yeah, I disagree completely. LeBron's raw fg%, ts% and efg% were all career highs in 2014. His playoff numbers were even more ridiculous. LeBron is at the peak of how powers right now. LeBron has already proven he can adapt to another ball-dominant guy in wade. i see nothing to suggest he can't do the same once his athleticism does fall off. Wiggins could potentially take the scoring load and defensive load off LeBron in a few years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:16 PM)
Yeah, I disagree completely. LeBron's raw fg%, ts% and efg% were all career highs in 2014. His playoff numbers were even more ridiculous. LeBron is at the peak of how powers right now. LeBron has already proven he can adapt to another ball-dominant guy in wade. i see nothing to suggest he can't do the same once his athleticism does fall off. Wiggins could potentially take the scoring load and defensive load off LeBron in a few years.

He's definitely more efficient, but that's not really how I qualify overall dominance. He takes a lot smarter shots. He took a higher % of shots at the rim more than ever which helped offset his decline in overall jump shooting.

His team won its fewest games since 07-08 (excluding the lockout year, obviously). I understand wade was sat out games, but their team with Lebron and Bosh won 6 more games than the Bulls. The east was terrible.

Also, wade adapted to Lebron, not the other way around. I do agree that wiggins could help take some of the load off in a few years, but if it costs you the possibility of winning rings in the mean time it's risky.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)

It's essentially never stupid trading for a top 5 player in the league in Love, assuming he reups.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
It's essentially never stupid trading for a top 5 player in the league in Love, assuming he reups.

Love is not a top 5 player in the league, though. A top 5 player, I don't care what you have around you, gets to the playoffs AT LEAST once in 6 years.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
Love is not a top 5 player in the league, though. A top 5 player, I don't care what you have around you, gets to the playoffs AT LEAST once in 6 years.

But he is. Not his fault the roster around him is horrific. Top 3 in PER, top 3 in win shares. At worst you can argue is 6th or 7th. There isn't anything reasonable to suggest otherwise at this point. Cleveland needs to do anything they can to get him and they know it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
But he is. Not his fault the roster around him is horrific. Top 3 in PER, top 3 in win shares. At worst you can argue is 6th or 7th. There isn't anything reasonable to suggest otherwise at this point. Cleveland needs to do anything they can to get him and they know it.

gmab. Kevin Garnett had mostly crap around him and had to go up against the shaq/kobe lakers, prime duncan spurs, webber/peja/divac kings, dirk/nash mavs, portland was pretty good from what i remember and still made the playoffs every year outside of a couple. I like love a lot. But he's become overrated ever since LeBron went back to cleveland. He's a net-minus defensively and doesn't do anything to make guys better around him. I personally don't give up a potential t-mac on offense, paul george on defense for him.

Edited by Jordan4life

I don't get how Kevin Garnett making the playoffs is remotely relevant to that but okay. You are in very much in the minority of not willing to give up Wiggins for Love. They'll do it if they have to. Also I have a hard time saying a big man so widely know for his passing that he doesn't make his teammates better.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 04:02 AM)
gmab. Kevin Garnett had mostly crap around him and had to go up against the shaq/kobe lakers, prime duncan spurs, webber/peja/divac kings, dirk/nash mavs, portland was pretty good from what i remember and still made the playoffs every year outside of a couple. I like love a lot. But he's become overrated ever since LeBron went back to cleveland. He's a net-minus defensively and doesn't do anything to make guys better around him. I personally don't give up a potential t-mac on offense, paul george on defense for him.

Dang, so Wiggins is like, the next Scottie Pippen it sounds like.