2014-2015 NBA thread

I think you guys are being way too harsh on AB. He was clearly hurt last year and was overweight. He's slimmed down and has recovered from his shoulder injury.

He has alot of talent, he may never turn out to be the player an overall number one pick should be but I believe he'll become at least a solid PF. To the guy who posted that he'd think hard about a Hinrich/Bennett trade, lol, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
One that unfortunately falls well short of Wiggins.

Honestly, I'm calling bulls*** on this one. McDermott and Mirotic, of what we know, is extremely an extremely strong starting offer.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
I think you guys are being way too harsh on AB. He was clearly hurt last year and was overweight. He's slimmed down and has recovered from his shoulder injury.

He has alot of talent, he may never turn out to be the player an overall number one pick should be but I believe he'll become at least a solid PF. To the guy who posted that he'd think hard about a Hinrich/Bennett trade, lol, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I love how you act like Kevin Love who averages 26-12-5 in a loaded conference for PFs is overhyped and not worth any talent offered for him, but wax poetically about Anthony Bennett and all these players who've done nothing in the league.

Sun-Times Basketball ‏@suntimes_hoops 2m

According to a Timberwolves source, the Bulls made a "significant offer'' for Kevin Love this morning and it's being "heavily considered.''

According to the source, Timberwolves reached out to Bulls last night to let them know Cavs offer was best on the table ...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:08 PM)
Honestly, I'm calling bulls*** on this one. McDermott and Mirotic, of what we know, is extremely an extremely strong starting offer.

I wouldn't have thought so probably because I assumed that would be a package for so long, but have been surprised how much national media is taking that seriously.

Oh NBA offseason, right as I'm almost out, you pull me back in.

This morning Cowley was on M&H and he was scoffing at the possibility of the Bulls pulling this off, and he has done a complete 180 on it, even so far as to say he should have bet against himself.

This really has become interesting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
Sun-Times Basketball ‏@suntimes_hoops 2m

According to a Timberwolves source, the Bulls made a "significant offer'' for Kevin Love this morning and it's being "heavily considered.''

According to the source, Timberwolves reached out to Bulls last night to let them know Cavs offer was best on the table ...

So Cowley said yesterday it's all BS, now he says it's true? Some things never change.

This still seems like the Bulls are being used to come in 2nd place again.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
This morning Cowley was on M&H and he was scoffing at the possibility of the Bulls pulling this off, and he has done a complete 180 on it, even so far as to say he should have bet against himself.

This really has become interesting.

What's that? Sinking guy, irrational exhuberance? yes, it's the moment right before bulls fans hopes get crushed.

Because it is 2 weeks since our roster took shape, I'm conflicted. I've already convinced myself this team can win a championship and that Snell will be MVP...now I have to go back to thinking about what it would be like with 3 players who could be top 5 in mvp voting....so tough

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:14 PM)
I wouldn't have thought so probably because I assumed that would be a package for so long, but have been surprised how much national media is taking that seriously.

Oh NBA offseason, right as I'm almost out, you pull me back in.

I agree with this. I think the Wolves are absolutely idiots if they are considering anything the Bulls offer vs Wiggins.

But god dammit I'm driving the hype train anyways. I want to bolieve.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
But god dammit I'm driving the hype train anyways. I want to bolieve.

As I've told Brian before, the Bulls acquiring a superstar is the only thing Bolieving can't accomplish.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
I love how you act like Kevin Love who averages 26-12-5 in a loaded conference for PFs is overhyped and not worth any talent offered for him, but wax poetically about Anthony Bennett and all these players who've done nothing in the league.

I'm not a Love fan, simple as that. Is he a top 5, not IMO. Top 10 yeah, but as great as he is offensively, he's bad defensively. I also think he's a bit of a statpadder, so sue me. His great stats haven't exactly translated to wins, right?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
Yeah, but agreements can be in place and deals finalized in a month.

Yes, so if true, this will probably drag on for at least that long. Why accept the offer now? It's not like the Bulls have other places to go to pick up a star. Why not wait and maybe some other team sweetens their offer. I doubt the Bulls are going to pull it before any games are played.

Just another slow news day in the NBA, so time to get the Bulls fans excited before the dissappointment.

This is playing out just like Melo. Possible, then no chance. Then, well maybe. Next is actually the Bulls are frontrunners, and finally, Love to Cleveland.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Yes, so if true, this will probably drag on for at least that long. Why accept the offer now? It's not like the Bulls have other places to go to pick up a star. Why not wait and maybe some other team sweetens their offer. I doubt the Bulls are going to pull it before any games are played.

Just another slow news day in the NBA, so time to get the Bulls fans excited before the dissappointment.

This is playing out just like Melo. Possible, then no chance. Then, well maybe. Next is actually the Bulls are frontrunners, and finally, Love to Cleveland.

I agree it probably drags out but they could agree now since any deal is likely on Love resigning. If he does so now the agreement will leak.