2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
I'm not a Love fan, simple as that. Is he a top 5, not IMO. Top 10 yeah, but as great as he is offensively, he's bad defensively. I also think he's a bit of a statpadder, so sue me. His great stats haven't exactly translated to wins, right?

Defensive RPM doesn't really hate him, he's got a positive rating, albeit ranked 21st.

Calling him a statpadder is a little silly too. As long as you're still being efficient then go for it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
I agree it probably drags out but they could agree now since any deal is likely on Love resigning. If he does so now the agreement will leak.

I can see that, but this is the NBA, there really isn't going to be much negotiating with Love's next contract. He is going to make max or extremely close, so there really isn't much left to decide. If he's willing to go to Cleveland, I can't imagine him not willing to sign for the same money with the Bulls or Golden State or Denver or whoever else is mentioned after him at this time.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
Defensive RPM doesn't really hate him, he's got a positive rating, albeit ranked 21st.

Calling him a statpadder is a little silly too. As long as you're still being efficient then go for it.

I just want to say that if the Bulls do in fact get Love, I'll be rooting for the guy and hope he proves me wrong. I doubt it'll happen, Minny probably just wants the Cavs to up their Wiggins offer.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:24 PM)
I'm not a Love fan, simple as that. Is he a top 5, not IMO. Top 10 yeah, but as great as he is offensively, he's bad defensively. I also think he's a bit of a statpadder, so sue me. His great stats haven't exactly translated to wins, right?

You know how many top ten players there are in the NBA?

When you have a chance to get one in a position to succeed, you do it.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)

Not a Love fan but a Bennett fan. Ok

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 05:36 PM)
I agree it probably drags out but they could agree now since any deal is likely on Love resigning. If he does so now the agreement will leak.

I could see a team, especially as conservative as the bulls, giving a deadline for their offer. I don't think they'd want a distraction for a long period of time. Hell, KC Johnson was interviewing taj all morning.

At a certain point you just have to take risks.

Mirotic, McDermott and Taj is serious offer and it should intrigue Minnesota.

Chicago just has to do what it takes to get another star at this point.

Edited by Soxbadger

I like the offer. That is an extremely strong offer, while still ensuring the Bulls have enough depth to win now all while getting a 25 year old top 10 player in this league. We'd still have 3 strong bigs and our wing rotation wouldn't suffer, presuming we are getting Martin in the deal as well (Martin / Butler / Snell / Dunleavy). Pau backs up the 4 and 5 and has plenty of minutes and we try to bring in someone like Marion who can also back-up at the 4 / 5, maybe bring back Nazr as well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 05:51 PM)
I could see a team, especially as conservative as the bulls, giving a deadline for their offer. I don't think they'd want a distraction for a long period of time. Hell, KC Johnson was interviewing taj all morning.

Sun-Times Basketball ‏@suntimes_hoops 6m

Per source: Forman put a deadline on TWolves response so that there isn’t this back-and-forth playing the Cavs and Bulls against each other.

Forman be like "get outta my miiind"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
Not a Love fan but a Bennett fan. Ok

Actually, not a fan of either so how am I a Bennett fan for telling posters they're being too harsh on a player who was hurt and was overweight in his ROOKIE season? I just basically said I wasn't about to call him a bust for the rest of his career.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:02 PM)
Actually, not a fan of either so how am I a Bennett fan for telling posters they're being too harsh on a player who was hurt and was overweight in his ROOKIE season? I just basically said I wasn't about to call him a bust for the rest of his career.

Big man with weight issues, no concern there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)

Per source: Forman put a deadline on TWolves response so that there isn’t this back-and-forth playing the Cavs and Bulls against each other.

Maybe he did, but to think if Minnesota came back a month or 2 from now and said they would make the deal, and Gar says it's no longer on the table, is laughable.

Good. Bulls have nothing to lose here and everything to gain.

Although I have a question...if the Bulls couldn't get Melo the 96 million dollar max even with moving Taj, how are they going to sign Love to a max deal next year? Just hope the cap number goes up enough?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:08 PM)
Maybe he did, but to think if Minnesota came back a month or 2 from now and said they would make the deal, and Gar says it's no longer on the table, is laughable.

Honestly, I don't think it is. Bulls will need to fill out the team with vets if this takes place. They will be a lot more limited in 2 months, or minnesota will need to send more back to fill out the roster with more than 10 day contracts.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)

Although I have a question...if the Bulls couldn't get Melo the 96 million dollar max even with moving Taj, how are they going to sign Love to a max deal next year? Just hope the cap number goes up enough?

In a sign and trade, you can offer the full max to a player.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:10 PM)

I believe bird rights would transfer.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
In a sign and trade, you can offer the full max to a player.

I don't think he is technically signing now. I believe teams have to wait until the off-season to sign him, although I might be wrong. Maybe he is still eligible to be signed to an extension now as part of the trade.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
Honestly, I don't think it is. Bulls will need to fill out the team with vets if this takes place. They will be a lot more limited in 2 months, or minnesota will need to send more back to fill out the roster with more than 10 day contracts.

Yep; I think Marion would be here pretty quick if Bulls could pull this deal off. We'd clearly need to bring back Nazr as well.

You f***ing rock, bro. And I'm not even exaggerating.