2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
And it was Hummel.

Timberwolves PR @Twolves_PR · 39s

Due to overwhelming demand, we'll go ahead & spill the news now: The #Twolves have signed forward Robbie Hummel. Welcome back, Robbie!

Announcing he actually has two knees would be more interesting.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, Cowley is the worst.

Tweets in last hour:

-Looks like bulls were just being used, ohio news outlet reporting cavs looking for 3rd team to finalize trade

- Good news: twolves believe bulls still have best offer

- Bad news: bulls actually kinda sorta did not give deadline so there will be no end to this madness.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
Man, Cowley is the worst.

Tweets in last hour:

-Looks like bulls were just being used, ohio news outlet reporting cavs looking for 3rd team to finalize trade

- Good news: twolves believe bulls still have best offer

- Bad news: bulls actually kinda sorta did not give deadline so there will be no end to this madness.

#NomatterwhatIamright

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)
No lose situation for Bulls with the offer, IMO.

Does Cleveland have a deadline to sign Wiggins?

Not sure but a Cleveland beat guy says....

Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ · 3h

#Cavs expect to receive Andrew Wiggins' signed contract paperwork on Thursday. Thus will begin 30-day clock when he can't be traded.

Man, outside of this board (where everyone for the most part sees the forest and the trees) it's funny how many Bulls fans hated this trade - probably something like 80%. So much whining about how the Bulls are stupid to give up so many assets. But these are mostly the same people bemoaning another "Plan B" offseason because our conservative front office can't ever close deals and is too risk-averse/overvalues its assets to pull off any significant deals. Complaining about either one of these things is ok, but both? That just makes you look like a f***ing idiot.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)
Man, outside of this board (where everyone for the most part sees the forest and the trees) it's funny how many Bulls fans hated this trade - probably something like 80%. So much whining about how the Bulls are stupid to give up so many assets. But these are mostly the same people bemoaning another "Plan B" offseason because our conservative front office can't ever close deals and is too risk-averse/overvalues its assets to pull off any significant deals. Complaining about either one of these things is ok, but both? That just makes you look like a f***ing idiot.

If you are bringing in Love, you literally don't need one of Mirotic or Gibson. The guy is going to play 40 minutes a night. The need for a second scorer also is gone. How the trade isn't a positive is beyond me.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
PG- Rose

SG- Martin

SF- Butler

PF- Love

C- Noah

Bench: Gasol, Dunleavy, Brooks, Snell

Butler and Noah can carry us defensively and that team ain't losing a game in the east.

I bet Bulls could land guys like Marion, Marshon Brooks, or Ray Allen for the minimum as well.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 09:15 PM)
Plus Thibs has shown an unwillingness to have a deep roster and 10-12 man rotation. That roster is built for the coach as well.

I don't buy it, but if that trade is being considered, you pull the trigger in 30 days when you can do it.

Bench mob?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
If you are bringing in Love, you literally don't need one of Mirotic or Gibson. The guy is going to play 40 minutes a night. The need for a second scorer also is gone. How the trade isn't a positive is beyond me.

Hemming and hawing about "depth" which was useless come playoff time in 2011 and 2012.

"But the Spurs!" they say. Like you can just BE the Spurs. I want the Bears to be the Patriots too.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 08:33 PM)
PG- Rose

SG- Martin

SF- Butler

PF- Love

C- Noah

Bench: Gasol, Dunleavy, Brooks, Snell

Butler and Noah can carry us defensively and that team ain't losing a game in the east.

Are we just assuming Martin comes with Love? I love that possibility but more or less wondering where it's coming from...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 04:01 AM)
Are we just assuming Martin comes with Love? I love that possibility but more or less wondering where it's coming from...

I think people are assuming Minny would want the salary relief and open that spot for Lavine. It's been rumored they want to dump Martin on cavs too.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)

They want out of his contract. So yeah its an assumption. He was rumored to the Bulls with Love when those rumors popped up during the season.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 08:17 AM)
Does it work cap-wise?

At this point, the FO has to just make it work. It may not look feasible to us, but the bean counters tend to do a lot of magic when things like this happen