2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
McD becomes the best shooter in the NBA

Well, we traded Kyle Korver for an unused trade exception, so at least we'd get something back in this case.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
Dude's 29 f***ing years old and a whopping 4 months younger than Joakim Noah - I don't think people realize that. He's going to get about the same minutes he did last year. What growth, exactly, are you or anyone else expecting?

I'm aware of his age.

Basically I just mean more consistency for all the stuff that he improved upon last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
Dude's 29 f***ing years old and a whopping 4 months younger than Joakim Noah - I don't think people realize that. He's going to get about the same minutes he did last year. What growth, exactly, are you or anyone else expecting?

He's also a pretty similar player now to when he came into the league. There's literally no reason to believe he'll ever be much better than last year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 12:46 PM)
Gibson + Snell + Picks.

At that time it wasn't a sure think Niko was coming over so really that's about the best they could do without adding Noah which most here said was counter intuitive. Talking to a Wolves beat writer on twitter(just yesterday) he said Wolves are probably more interested in Snell than Butler because Butler is due $$ next year.

Plus, if Klay Thompson wasn't on the table that's a competitive offer to Barnes/Lee. Those 2 are better players but the 2 picks in the teens in this draft kindaaaa makes up for it.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
He's also a pretty similar player now to when he came into the league. There's literally no reason to believe he'll ever be much better than last year.

I like Taj but he definitely has the back up quarterback syndrome going for him. Everyone hated Boozer so damn much that Gibson became extremely popular among Bulls fans.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
I like Taj but he definitely has the back up quarterback syndrome going for him. Everyone hated Boozer so damn much that Gibson became extremely popular among Bulls fans.

But he plays near-starter minutes and closes out games. He's been the "starter" at the 4 for the last season or two.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)

I'm more sympathetic to Taj. I think people do not know how to rate defense in the NBA until a player gets a reputation like Ben Wallace (coincidentally, centers seem to get appropriately valued even if defense only).

Taj is clearly one of the best defensive PFs in the game. He is more than Thabo Sefalosha though. You don't build a team around him, but he is one of those players that account for an inordinate amount of the teams success.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 41s

Cavaliers signed No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins today. He can't be traded for 30 days.

If it is going to happen I wish they woulda just got it over with.....I'd assume signing him would better help match up salaries and that's why they didn't just trade his rights. Right?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
If it is going to happen I wish they woulda just got it over with.....I'd assume signing him would better help match up salaries and that's why they didn't just trade his rights. Right?

No; I presume by trading him, the cap hold for him goes so it is a moot point.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 04:23 PM)
If the Bulls forced the Cavs to unload Wiggins, I think thats a pretty good win.

Yep. Like people were saying yesterday, this looks like it could be a win-win. Either Bulls get Love, or Cavs lose Wiggins.

Per Amico

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO · 2h

Continue to hear, despite Andrew Wiggins' name likely coming up in talks, Cavs have not offered him in any trade proposal.

Tony Rizzo @TheRealTRizzo

Follow

CAVS contend they have NEVER offered Wiggins in a proposed trade to T-Wolves! All that false info coming from Minnesota.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Yep. Like people were saying yesterday, this looks like it could be a win-win. Either Bulls get Love, or Cavs lose Wiggins.

But then the Cavs would be getting Love.

Given the timing of everything, it would make sense for the Cavs to hold out until closer to the season when it comes to offering Wiggins. It also makes sense for MIN to leak that Wiggins has been offered to pressure better offers from others

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
Given the timing of everything, it would make sense for the Cavs to hold out until closer to the season when it comes to offering Wiggins. It also makes sense for MIN to leak that Wiggins has been offered to pressure better offers from others

The Cavs are saying the right thing in the event they have to keep Wiggins. You cant let him know that the offer was rejected and you included him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 03:01 AM)

I disagree. I think the only team who benefits from holding out is wolves. For cavs/bulls/warriors, at some point you want to know what your team is. A bulls/cavs/warriors team with love is radically different than without.

RUMOR

Bulls receive: Kevin Martin, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters

Cavs receive: Kevin Love, Mike Dunleavey Jr, Gorgui Dieng

Timberwolves receive: Andrew Wiggins, John Lucas III, Erik Murphy, Taj Gibson, Tony Snell