2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
Haven't agreed with you much in this thread but I will be super pissed if we draft Adams.

Meh, it wouldn't be the worst pick at 19. Looking at a few different drafts if they go SG with the 2nd pick it probably comes down to Adams, Hairston, and Young. Adams was the most efficient of those scorers, and he's got great length (6'5" w/ 6'10 reach, Oladipo had a 6'9" reach).....I'm not sure how much stock to put into college PER, but his 28.7 ranks 5th in the draft class.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
Meh, it wouldn't be the worst pick at 19. Looking at a few different drafts if they go SG with the 2nd pick it probably comes down to Adams, Hairston, and Young. Adams was the most efficient of those scorers, and he's got great length (6'5" w/ 6'10 reach, Oladipo had a 6'9" reach).....I'm not sure how much stock to put into college PER, but his 28.7 ranks 5th in the draft class.

It'd be an awful pick. He won't be able to score in the NBA.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
He's still owed $15 million this year and is a free agent next year. The Rockets got the 2 cheap years out of him and someone else is paying the expensive year, and the rockets get a first rounder on top of that. They were able to sign Howard in no small part because Asik's first 2 years were cheap.

Imagine the Bulls rework Gibson's contract so he's free this year, a max level next year, and the Bulls trade him for a first round pick and use that money to sign Anthony, have Gibson play for peanuts this year and contribute, and then trade Gibson away next year with the other team taking on the full salary for both seasons.

I swear i heard on the radio yesterday that NBA contracts cannot be reworked like that per the current CBA. You get what you get, players and teams alike

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Then why do some drafts even have him in the high 20s?

Cause everyone has their own opinion. This happens to be mine and I feel pretty strongly about this one.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
Mock drafts, made by individuals, just like his opinion.

Thank you Rock.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
I swear i heard on the radio yesterday that NBA contracts cannot be reworked like that per the current CBA. You get what you get, players and teams alike

That was just a hypothetical to illustrate why giving up a first round pick for Asik is nuts.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)

Correct. Unless the player has an opt-out, they can not rework contracts like in the NFL.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
1 missed opportunity....

@WojYahooNBA

Orlando is finalizing a trade to send guard Arron Afflalo to the Denver Nuggets, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

So he's going back to the Nuggets...?

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 33s

Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

That's all???

Fournier is better than Snell but you'd think Snell/19 might have got it done.....Wouldn't have been against Butler/19 either. That's a bad deal for the Magic IMO.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:01 AM)
That's all???

Fournier is better than Snell but you'd think Snell/19 might have got it done.....Wouldn't have been against Butler/19 either. That's a bad deal for the Magic IMO.

Wow...that's a terrible deal and it's unimaginable how the Bulls couldn't top it.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
Ya this is a deal that I go back to and really hate as a Bulls fan if they don't manage to get Melo/Love/James/Bosh/Parsons.

Exactly. They better have something better up their sleeves. But I don't think anyone should get their hopes up.

Frankly for those that though the Bulls were going to get things done without an issue, you've set yourself up for disappointment. The Bulls can only do so much. Players have to want to come here.

For example, Melo, say there's a sign and trade possibility. If Houston offers Harden, Lin and someone else, what can the Bulls offer that would be better than that? Nothing. Done. End of story.

Who can the Bulls offer that's better than Thompson for Love? No one.