2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 06:27 PM)
A long, but interesting read on Rose.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id...-cycle-injuries

Four months ago, the city reeled when a 14-year-old girl named Endia Martin was murdered, not by a stray bullet but in cold blood by another girl in a Facebook dispute over a boy. A South Side church filled with mourners. Before the service, Rose drove down and quietly went inside the sanctuary to pay respects to the parents, leaving again just as quietly, not wanting to create a scene. He just wanted them to know he too was mourning the loss of their little girl. When they looked up and saw Derrick, their eyes widened, because 13 miles south from his new life, he isn't a person but an idea, proof that better days might be ahead.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Danni Wysocki ‏@danniCSNCHI 2h2 hours ago

Wow Jerry Reinsdorf revealed @ MAC owners panel the Bulls thought they were getting Lebron & he asked if he should bring Wade or Bosh w him!

Which time?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 09:36 PM)
I know it was pre-season and all, but it was sweet to see JImmy go off like that.

Exactly.

Looks like Jimmy worked on his jumper. Form looks better.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 04:47 AM)
Exactly.

Looks like Jimmy worked on his jumper. Form looks better.

If he's looking like even half of what he's doing right now, the Bulls will be I'm very good shape.. that's also if DRose is DRose too.

Last night was fun seeing Jimmy destroy some scrubs, but man, this team seems really raw.

I'm guessing Jimmy will play 2nd unit too, sitting probably for about 10 minutes for a rose-kirk-dunleavy/dermott - pau/taj - noah/pau lineup. I think maybe Jimmy posting up and Niko staying out wide will help, because he is just not strong enough at all yet.

But right now, the brooks-hinrich-mcdermott-nik-taj is atrocious. We may be in for a disappointing "BURN IT ALL" November before the team finds their footing, and likely they'll grind out a bunch of wins with d.

Hard to tell in preseason. But for one, Doug needs to get way more selfish on taking his open 3 pointers. He is there for spacing and theres no point to it if he's just gonna pump and drive like every other player on bulls.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 07:42 AM)
Last night was fun seeing Jimmy destroy some scrubs, but man, this team seems really raw.

I'm guessing Jimmy will play 2nd unit too, sitting probably for about 10 minutes for a rose-kirk-dunleavy/dermott - pau/taj - noah/pau lineup. I think maybe Jimmy posting up and Niko staying out wide will help, because he is just not strong enough at all yet.

But right now, the brooks-hinrich-mcdermott-nik-taj is atrocious. We may be in for a disappointing "BURN IT ALL" November before the team finds their footing, and likely they'll grind out a bunch of wins with d.

Hard to tell in preseason. But for one, Doug needs to get way more selfish on taking his open 3 pointers. He is there for spacing and theres no point to it if he's just gonna pump and drive like every other player on bulls.

With as many new players we have (and you might as well count Rose as new), including a couple rookies who we expect to log minutes in our rotation, we should expect some up and downs, especially early in the season. We'll just have to remember that and relax and as the team has time and gels, we should see ourselves emerge.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
With as many new players we have (and you might as well count Rose as new), including a couple rookies who we expect to log minutes in our rotation, we should expect some up and downs, especially early in the season. We'll just have to remember that and relax and as the team has time and gels, we should see ourselves emerge.

The last time the Bulls had "Many new players" they wound up with the best record in the league.