2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
By the way, in regards to Butler, we are talking about an injury that was initially reported correctly and still seems pretty accurate. They are monitoring him and he's slowly getting more basketball activity in. What have they said that was wrong? They never said he'd be back immediately. They never said he'd play today and right now it seems like Butler would think he's going to miss one game.

Honestly, I don't care. It looks like it was just an issue with the Bulls other weakness: communication. But the idea that there's nothing to see here when Bulls players get injured and the severity of the injury changes after the player begins practicing is ridiculous. Who knows what this team would be like if we had the Phoenix staff instead of Fred and Brian Cole clearing players with broken legs, stress fractures and severe ankle sprains.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
didnt see it mentioned, but just wanted to say that it is a damn shame that Randle broke his leg last night

Agreed. I fell asleep during that game like an old ass man but was very disappointed to wake up and see that news.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
@kcjohnson Thibodeau backed off the 2-4 week projection for Butler a bit. Later said 1-3. And this is from original injury Oct. 19. Still, a blow.

It's not a big deal. This team is loaded with natural 2's.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102123997#.

This article goes to show that often times these financial experts do not understand accounting. They make it sound like this is something specific to a sports franchise. This is the case with any transaction and it is the norm and consistent with our tax code that goodwill and intangibles would be amortized in accordance with your tax code. This isn't a new concept and it happens all the time. Basically put, when you buy a company for X and the FV of all the existing tangible assets, net of liabilities is Y, then the excess is applied to goodwill and other intangibles (trademarks, etc).

Laughable that this is really a story.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
The Bulls are "unlikely" to extend Jimmy Butler's contract, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

My heart says that's moronic, my brain kind of agrees that's a good decision. He's a good player, but if this seasons ends with them still needing a 2nd scorer at the 2 you gotta replace him.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
Bulls under/over for 2014-15 is 55.5. Discuss.

People are betting the over. I think it started at 53.5 or 54.5. That's 7-8 games better than last year. Assuming Rose is staying healthy, they win 60-62 IMO. But, you just can't assume that anymore. I'm betting he gets banged up at some point, Noah stays banged up for a while. Under for me. And I don't really care so long as everyone is ready to go come playoff time.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
People are betting the over. I think it started at 53.5 or 54.5. That's 7-8 games better than last year. Assuming Rose is staying healthy, they win 60-62 IMO. But, you just can't assume that anymore. I'm betting he gets banged up at some point, Noah stays banged up for a while. Under for me. And I don't really care so long as everyone is ready to go come playoff time.

I think this is in deference and respect to the kind of coach Thibs is as well.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
My heart says that's moronic, my brain kind of agrees that's a good decision. He's a good player, but if this seasons ends with them still needing a 2nd scorer at the 2 you gotta replace him.

We know what you heart and brain say, but what about your sauces

image.jpg

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 06:09 PM)

With the cap going up, he'll get a big offer somewhere if healthy, but the Bulls will have the opportunity to match and they'll be able to go over the tax level to do so if they really had to.

It's more of a gamble for Butler's side than it is for the Bulls really, with him already having dealt with a bunch of minor nagging type injuries.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)

We also have a lot of new faces, plus Rose coming back. That alone means the first 20 games, we are likely to play near .500 ball (just slightly over is what I expect) which makes the 60 to 62 win range unlikely, imo (let alone the uncertainty from an injury perspective). I think we fall in somewhere around 55 to 58 wins.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
With the cap going up, he'll get a big offer somewhere if healthy, but the Bulls will have the opportunity to match and they'll be able to go over the tax level to do so if they really had to.

It's more of a gamble for Butler's side than it is for the Bulls really, with him already having dealt with a bunch of minor nagging type injuries.

We saw what happened with Chandler Parsons. If we think we can get him to a fair contract, there is something to be said about it. Yes, we still have ability to match but that might mean a team comes out with a poison pill or something else that puts us in a tough spot.

The Rose is back in full bloom.

I struggled, I struggled.

I've seen this story before.

The excitement. Oh, the excitement.

This year it's different. The Rose is blooming. Oh so much blooming!

But now we've got a Pau. We've still got, Jo No!

The great belief we hold. I love it so!

Now it is time for me to let you know.

I believe that these great Chicago Bulls... they're headed...

They're headed for title town!

Next stop New York! Down goes melo!

Go, Chicago Bulls. Go, Derrick Rose!

It's time to feel like a kid again,

It's time to believe...

Yes, it's time to believe...

In these, the great 2014/15 Chicago Bulls!

#loveyouAJ

#thanksforbelieving

#bulls2015

#roseMVP

#herewego

#tipoff

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 06:31 PM)
We saw what happened with Chandler Parsons. If we think we can get him to a fair contract, there is something to be said about it. Yes, we still have ability to match but that might mean a team comes out with a poison pill or something else that puts us in a tough spot.

If the cap goes up $10 million+ next offseason...it'll make it almost impossible for anyone to poison pill that deal because they'll hit the max contract level.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 06:41 PM)
The Rose is back in full bloom.

I struggled, I struggled.

I've seen this story before.

The excitement. Oh, the excitement.

This year it's different. The Rose is blooming. Oh so much blooming!

But now we've got a Pau. We've still got, Jo No!

The great belief we hold. I love it so!

Now it is time for me to let you know.

I believe that these great Chicago Bulls... they're headed...

They're headed for title town!

Next stop New York! Down goes melo!

Go, Chicago Bulls. Go, Derrick Rose!

It's time to feel like a kid again,

It's time to believe...

Yes, it's time to believe...

In these, the great 2014/15 Chicago Bulls!

#loveyouAJ

#thanksforbelieving

#bulls2015

#roseMVP

#herewego

#tipoff

and you call me a homer :D

Dat Bench Mob II