2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
Depends on his defensive maturation. So my guess would be nope.

There were actually a couple of times he surprised me and did some good things on the defensive end. Granted, there were more times when he wasn't good on the defensive end, but still.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
No way, this is the time when they shouldnt look very sharp, i expected this. If they look like this in January, then we have a problem(even though I wouldnt say a 24 point win is much of a problem)

Scare some people as in, when Jo and Derrick are clicking, the NBA is in trouble.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
Scare some people as in, when Jo and Derrick are clicking, the NBA is in trouble.

Oh yea, now that i completely agree with.

I dont want to call the second string "Bench Mob 2", i hope somebody(not with initials SK) comes up with a good nickname for them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
Oh yea, now that i completely agree with.

I dont want to call the second string "Bench Mob 2", i hope somebody(not with initials SK) comes up with a good nickname for them.

Kirk & Friends

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:09 AM)
I loved the Knicks Triangle by the way. It goes like this:

-Pass it to Melo/JR Smith 18 feet from hoop

-Jab step

-Jab step

-Fadeaway

-Championship

lol, they went to straight up chucking midway through the second quarter. And I think that will be a pretty common occurance for that squad

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:16 AM)
lol, they went to straight up chucking midway through the second quarter. And I think that will be a pretty common occurance for that squad

I'm not sure they have a roster that will "buy in" to that offensive gameplan. They would need a coach with much more clout.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
I'm not sure they have a roster that will "buy in" to that offensive gameplan. They would need a coach with much more clout.

It is too bad because with the spacing a good triangle execution gives, that team could be a 45-50 win team.

Last night watching Rose. One reason I think he shoots poorly from 3pt range, is it seems like that's the shot he takes when he's tired. That's...not the best choice.

His mid-range was muy bueno. Muy muy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
He made 3 shots the entire game and one was a layup and another bucket was a shot in the lane.

He made definitely made 2 in the lane in a row which I remember very clearly. I would consider those midrange.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)
It is too bad because with the spacing a good triangle execution gives, that team could be a 45-50 win team.

It was first game with a new offense. I think we are judging Knicks and Fisher too harshly on one game. I'm not saying they are good but I wouldn't call them great. I'd say the same thing about the Bulls. Only team I think you can truly say is hot garbage and might be the worst team of all time is the Lakers at this point.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 08:48 AM)
? He made one mid range jumper the entire game.

He hit 2 in a row or something at one point in 2nd half (or I think it was 2nd half). It looked nice. Still some rust but when he wanted to he was explosive. Conditioning still appears awful though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:09 AM)
It was first game with a new offense. I think we are judging Knicks and Fisher too harshly on one game.

I don't because they just aren't talented. That's like the 9th or 10th seed in the Eastern Conference.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
I don't because they just aren't talented. That's like the 9th or 10th seed in the Eastern Conference.

I agree with you there, but I don't think that is because the triangle doesn't work, I think that is more talent limitations. I would expect to see them contend for a playoff spot (7 or 8 seed)...that might mean they end up at the 9 or 10 and that doesn't mean they are good, I just don't think they will be as bad as they looked. JR Smith definitely needs to go. He is totally lost in the triangle. It will be interesting to see if he can learn it and play within it or not.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
I agree with you there, but I don't think that is because the triangle doesn't work, I think that is more talent limitations. I would expect to see them contend for a playoff spot (7 or 8 seed)...that might mean they end up at the 9 or 10 and that doesn't mean they are good, I just don't think they will be as bad as they looked. JR Smith definitely needs to go. He is totally lost in the triangle. It will be interesting to see if he can learn it and play within it or not.

I would be astonished if that cat changed his colors. he has been a "im gonna get mine" type of player the entire time he has been in the NBA. It worked great with the Nuggets because Karl just wanted the team to score as much as possible, put up as many shots as possible. The Triangle takes patience

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 07:47 AM)
The Knicks just fell apart when the Bull second string came in, and the Knicks quit running the offense. I do miss the triangle, but the Knicks didn't really run it after the second quarter or so.

Also, I didn't think the Bulls stars looked very sharp tonight, which should scare some people. Rose was rusty, and Noah didn't have a good night. No Butler either.

That's actually something that shouldn't scare you. Reason being, it shows that we are not only a 2 man team. Yes, when they face the Cleveland's of the world, everyone will be needed. When they face teams like the Knicks, they should be able to mash them and the bench should be able to play big minutes in the 2nd half. One thing the 2010 team couldn't do is hold onto big leads in the 4th without the stars staying in.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
That's actually something that shouldn't scare you. Reason being, it shows that we are not only a 2 man team. Yes, when they face the Cleveland's of the world, everyone will be needed. When they face teams like the Knicks, they should be able to mash them and the bench should be able to play big minutes in the 2nd half. One thing the 2010 team couldn't do is hold onto big leads in the 4th without the stars staying in.

Agreed. That was the thing I most enjoyed, we have a lot more options of guys who can put the ball in the bucket and we still have what should be an excellent defense. The biggest thing for Thibbs is going to be managing the playing time and 4th quarter minutes of our big three in the paint. Dunleavy missed more open threes then I have pretty much ever seen him miss too. Brooks off the bench was very nice. That 2nd unit should be very good with continued practice. I think Taj even talked about how it routinely beat the 1st team unit in practice.