2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:09 AM)
It was first game with a new offense. I think we are judging Knicks and Fisher too harshly on one game. I'm not saying they are good but I wouldn't call them great. I'd say the same thing about the Bulls. Only team I think you can truly say is hot garbage and might be the worst team of all time is the Lakers at this point.

It isn't that they looked bad, it is that on opening night they didn't even make an effort to run the offense for a single half of basketball and a new head coach. That is bad.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
Scare some people as in, when Jo and Derrick are clicking, the NBA is in trouble.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
That's actually something that shouldn't scare you. Reason being, it shows that we are not only a 2 man team. Yes, when they face the Cleveland's of the world, everyone will be needed. When they face teams like the Knicks, they should be able to mash them and the bench should be able to play big minutes in the 2nd half. One thing the 2010 team couldn't do is hold onto big leads in the 4th without the stars staying in.

You missed this clarification.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
It isn't that they looked bad, it is that on opening night they didn't even make an effort to run the offense for a single half of basketball and a new head coach. That is bad.

But not uncommon, especially for an offense as difficult as the triangle. Phil and his disciples have talked about multiple times how difficult it is to get everyone to play. It is also much harder to stick with anything when you are getting throttled. It should also be noted that no one other then Phil has ever been able to have any sort of success out of the triangle.

Also of note, the Knicks blowout happened when there was no Amare or Anthony on the court (when we created the initially seperation which obviously continued) and thus the Knicks had zero post options to run the triangle through, which is a larger part of their problem currently (but that is known as Phil and Fisher's job is going to be develop the few young guys they have plus Melo, continue to work the cap down and create flexibility and start with the next steps in the upcoming years by acquiring more talent). Not saying it will work out but I'd be a lot more worried if I were a Knicks fan and this was 20 or 25 games into the season and you were abandoning the triangle vs. the first game of the season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
i still couldnt believe how early Thibs had Niko, McDermott and Snell out there at the same time.

It is a misconception that Thibbs doesn't like rookies. He's gotten a ton out of young players. The big thing with Thibbs is he doesn't want rookies who don't understand defensive rotations and are black holes for our defense. That is his biggest thing. If you can play defense and allow our defense to work, you will get minutes and opportunities to further grow. Butler, Taj, Asik, etc, have all made significant impacts with the Bulls and it was driven by the fact that they were able to hang defensively.

Taj was a flat stud. Great post moves, great boards, sick defense. Loved it. But I also love Taj.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
It is a misconception that Thibbs doesn't like rookies. He's gotten a ton out of young players. The big thing with Thibbs is he doesn't want rookies who don't understand defensive rotations and are black holes for our defense. That is his biggest thing. If you can play defense and allow our defense to work, you will get minutes and opportunities to further grow. Butler, Taj, Asik, etc, have all made significant impacts with the Bulls and it was driven by the fact that they were able to hang defensively.

Taj was a flat stud. Great post moves, great boards, sick defense. Loved it. But I also love Taj.

Oh i totally agree with this. Its just that those three specific players were noted to be behind on their grasp of Thibs defense. I expected to see them play, I just didnt expect to see them play together. Nor did i expect to see them together in the 2nd quarter.

I love it, these players all need time to grow together and learn how to play with each other.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
The Cavs aren't looking very good...

This is a Knicks team playing in a back to back and they just got blown out by the Bulls.

And tomorrow night the fresher Bulls team will have a huge task on their hands somehow.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
The Cavs aren't looking very good...

This is a Knicks team playing in a back to back and they just got blown out by the Bulls.

I think they're going to look like a mess for a while but thy should get their act together later on in the season. I've said this before, Cleveland won't make the Finals, it's the Bulls to lose. Too much youth and inexperience, a new coach with zero NBA experience, too many defensive liabilities.

They'll be a real force down the road, just not this year, I'd be shocked if they get to the ECFs in fact.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Tell me who in the East outside the Bulls is going to be able to take that team out in round 2?

Maybe the Heat. That'd be hilarious.

LeBron leaves Miami to go back to Cleveland, only to get beat by Miami in the second round.