2014-2015 NBA thread

I think folks are overreacting here. It's just one game. We knew they would take a while to get used to playing with each other and playing for a new coach. It will happen sooner or later. I fully expect that team to come together before the playoffs, as with any Lebron led teams in the past.

BTW this game says just as much about this Knicks team as the Cavs or the Bulls.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
The heat lost the first game of the big 3 era, they also lost their opener to the sixers last year as well. Can't take anything from this.

Yep. And they were only 9-8 through 17 games in year 1. As long as they are healthy the Cavs will be just fine by the playoffs and we aren't going to see LeBron have too many more performances like he has tonight where he is incredibly indecisive and turning the ball over constantly.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:34 PM)
Oh and the Cavs are going to ass rape the Bulls next game.

I'm not sure about "ass rape", but they'll definitely play better than they did today (especially LeBron).

That said, that Knicks didn't even play well today and they won...so yeah.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 11:34 PM)
Oh and the Cavs are going to ass rape the Bulls next game.

Considering the Knicks tore apart their defense, I dunno about that.

Cavs starters logged huge, Thibs-esque minutes and couldn't win against a team the Bulls coasted against.

If Jimmy is healthy, I say Bulls win comfortably.

I know not to take too much out of the first game of the season, im not burying the Cavs. Just like the Bulls, they all need to learn how to play with each other. Lebrons problem is he is used to having two other veteran upper echelon talents running next to him, and a veteran bench. He has the veteran bench, but he is starting with Varajeo and a bunch of kids.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
Maybe the Heat. That'd be hilarious.

LeBron leaves Miami to go back to Cleveland, only to get beat by Miami in the second round.

I could get why its possible, but let's remember that the Heat have had a huge disruption in their style of game as well.

But of course, if Wade has a knee healing miracle they're a solid roster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
I could get why its possible, but let's remember that the Heat have had a huge disruption in their style of game as well.

But of course, if Wade has a knee healing miracle they're a solid roster.

At some point he is gonna have to sit. He has said that it is basically bone on bone because he got the "quick" cartilage tear shaving surgery instead of what Derrick got(repair). And now he has to pick up some slack that Lebron left behind, along with Bosh.

The Cavs are going to be a clear level under what the Miami Big 3 was. The biggest difference is that Miami had a World Champion in D Wade on that team. He was a guy who already knew how to win, and how to lead. Despite having talent in Cleveland, it has no where near the experience that the Heat had. They are way more beatable than the Heat were. Maybe that changes in a couple of years, but right now, just assuming the Cavs are cruising to the finals isn't as simple as it sounds.

LOL you guys are so timid. "It's just one game it means nothing" who cares? The Knicks, whose third best player looks like a jewelry salesman, beat the cavs at their home opener after a 24-hour sportscenter marathon slobfest. It was hilarious.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
LOL you guys are so timid. "It's just one game it means nothing" who cares? The Knicks, whose third best player looks like a jewelry salesman, beat the cavs at their home opener after a 24-hour sportscenter marathon slobfest. It was hilarious.

Well, i just dont want to get caught in a J4L trap, thats all. :)

It was definitely hilarious though

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
The Cavs aren't looking very good...

This is a Knicks team playing in a back to back and they just got blown out by the Bulls.

They have a lot of new pieces. It will take them some time until they are consistently excellent. They will likely have some bad games mixed in with some average games, mixed in with some games where you see what their total potential. Plus, LBJ doesn't have many games like he did last night.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
The Cavs are going to be a clear level under what the Miami Big 3 was. The biggest difference is that Miami had a World Champion in D Wade on that team. He was a guy who already knew how to win, and how to lead. Despite having talent in Cleveland, it has no where near the experience that the Heat had. They are way more beatable than the Heat were. Maybe that changes in a couple of years, but right now, just assuming the Cavs are cruising to the finals isn't as simple as it sounds.

wtf, the Cavs have a two-time champ in LeBron. they'll be fine.