2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Some of you guys are getting crazy about the Cavs. You guys are going to look silly at the end of the year.

I still think the ECF ends as a seven game slugfest between the Cavs unstoppable force and the Bulls immovable object.

I think it'll come down to who has home court.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
I still think the ECF ends as a seven game slugfest between the Cavs unstoppable force and the Bulls immovable object.

I think it'll come down to who has home court.

I think it'll come down to who has LeBron.

I think 80% chance Cavs beat Bulls because of Lebron. But if they were in the Western conference I really don't know I'd give them better than 30% chance. They seem a lot like OKC, 3 dynamite players and super thin after that, to where you have a Derek Fisher getting run around because you have no one else.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Some of you guys are getting crazy about the Cavs. You guys are going to look silly at the end of the year.

So April when the Cavs play their last game? Muhahahaha

I'm not going to wager any guess on what a Cavs/Bulls matchup will look like come the end of the season since both teams have so much growing to do, but I will continue to say that those 2 rosters at the start of the season are head and shoulders above everyone else in the East and the only thing that will change that is trades and injury.

There's no team that could even develop enough where they ought to be a conference finals contender against those 2 teams. If that's not your conference final then either someone got hurt or there's a major upset.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 1m1 minute ago

Butler's camp feels pretty strong that Jimmy won't get less in free agency than the $10-$11 million per the Bulls are offering.

Basketball Forever ‏@Bballforeverfb 3m3 minutes ago

Jimmy Butler has rejected a 4 year, $48 million contract extension from the Bulls. He will become a restricted free agent this summer

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 16m16 minutes ago

Jimmy Butler rejects Chicago's final offer on extension, tells Yahoo: "I want to bet on myself." http://yhoo.it/1092wYQ

I wasn't on board with paying him 4 years and $50 million like he wants. The problem is that he will definitely get more than that in the offseason. If the Bulls are definitely planning on matching any deal, they should probably just agree to this current deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
damn. Sucks because I didn't really want him getting more than 12 per, sucks that he may get 14 with a weird poison pill contract.

If and when he gets $14 mil per, that means he had a good campaign this year and stayed healthy. I'm ok with him getting a bonus for that, and he literally can't get more than like $17 mil in a single year as a poison pill which will hurt that year but isn't a killer by any means since we're under the tax level and not facing any repeat offender penalties.