2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 10:05 AM)
Disagree. He has shown some flashes of being a really good player, he just doesn't understand the NBA game yet

And he's got one of the better bball I.Q guys in the game (not just big man) in Gasol to learn from. Pau is extremely intelligent.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
Says the person who's already knocking the Cavs out of ECF.

Guys, no one is betting against the Bulls here. I am saying the Bulls just have ways to go.

Perhaps I haven't explained why I don't believe the Cavs are legit contenders this season, let me explain why. I have never said the Cavs aren't a deeply talented team, there's no doubt that they are. I don't they're ready to contend THIS year is because aside from LeBron and a few of the older role players, the Cavs main stars have zero playoffs experience, including their HC. You don't instantly become a playoffs hardened team in year 1. I might've exaggerated by saying the Cavs won't make the CFs, it's the East after all. They definitely wouldn't make it in the West, that's for sure.

They have the pieces to be a championship team, it just won't happen instantly like some of you guys apparently think.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
Perhaps I haven't explained why I don't believe the Cavs are legit contenders this season, let me explain why. I have never said the Cavs aren't a deeply talented team, there's no doubt that they are. I don't they're ready to contend THIS year is because aside from LeBron and a few of the older role players, the Cavs main stars have zero playoffs experience, including their HC. You don't instantly become a playoffs hardened team in year 1. I might've exaggerated by saying the Cavs won't make the CFs, it's the East after all. They definitely wouldn't make it in the West, that's for sure.

They have the pieces to be a championship team, it just won't happen instantly like some of you guys apparently think.

We saw it come together in a year with the '08 Celtics. Of course, that was the best defensive team of all-time. The whole "never been to the playoffs" stuff is overrated and overblown. Face it, mex. You hate LeBron. You spent 4 years trashing, crying and whining about the Heat and now it's on to the Cavs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
We saw it come together in a year with the '08 Celtics. Of course, that was the best defensive team of all-time. The whole "never been to the playoffs" stuff is overrated and overblown. Face it, mex. You hate LeBron. You spent 4 years trashing, crying and whining about the Heat and now it's on to the Cavs.

Come on man, there was tons of playoff experience on that 08 celtics team.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)

The big three each got to the conference finals once. Other than that, there was a whole lot of getting knocked out the first round or missing the playoffs all together. Rondo/Perkins had never played in the playoffs either. This no playoffs stuff is just dumb. When all the smoke clears in 6 months, who the f*** in the eastern conference is going to beat them in May? The Bullls will never get to the next level with a 6'1 pg that can't stay healthy for more than a couple weeks at a time and absorbs as much payroll as he does. Toronto? Wizards? Heat?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 06:22 AM)
The Bulls are 5-1 and have had 3 starters miss games with injury, had perhaps the games best 6th man miss time hurt are working at least 4 new guys in to the rotation, and there still is panic. Just like with the Cavs, assuming good health, betting against the Bulls will make you look clueless when the season is over.

And betting against a Thibs team to be poor defensively and not be able to rebound and play with hustle is also foolish. This will be the best non-jordan bull team in franchise history when all is said and done, imo.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 08:05 AM)
Disagree. He has shown some flashes of being a really good player, he just doesn't understand the NBA game yet

I agree. He had two games where he played very well (Orlando game and Minnesota game). Very quick, great deep shot, but more impressive is his ability to put it on the floor and even pass while driving. I've been very impressed early on with almost everyone on our roster offensively. Defensively…well it takes time to get everyone on the same page, it will happen.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
A lot of our projected increase in talent lies on those guys. Our 3 biggest acquisitions were Gasol and the 2 rookies, plus return of Rose. People are raving that this would be the best Rose led Bulls team yet. But if rookies can't make a major impact this year, then I don't think we are actually better than years past. It's early, but I am saying that, we too, have a long way to go.

What rookie plays defense well the first 5 games of the season? Hell, the first half of the season? Those guys are learning the nba game. It's going to take time.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)

It goes back to what I said earlier about having established veteran winners on the team. Outside of LeBron, Cleveland doesn't have that. Miami had it. Boston had it. The Cavs don't.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 06:16 PM)
It goes back to what I said earlier about having established veteran winners on the team. Outside of LeBron, Cleveland doesn't have that. Miami had it. Boston had it. The Cavs don't.

What "established" winners did Boston have before '08? Oh that's right. They had none.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
The big three each got to the conference finals once. Other than that, there was a whole lot of getting knocked out the first round or missing the playoffs all together. Rondo/Perkins had never played in the playoffs either. This no playoffs stuff is just dumb. When all the smoke clears in 6 months, who the f*** in the eastern conference is going to beat them in May? The Bullls will never get to the next level with a 6'1 pg that can't stay healthy for more than a couple weeks at a time and absorbs as much payroll as he does. Toronto? Wizards? Heat?

They had experience in the playoffs, that's the entire point. And more than just the big 3. The entire argument you are trying to dismiss is that the entire team except Lebron and Varejao has no experience, which is somewhat of a big deal. Teams of rookies don't just kick the door down in the NBA

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)
What "established" winners did Boston have before '08? Oh that's right. They had none.

Come on, you just want to nitpick here now in order to say the Cavs are gonna get to the ECF. Ok fine, these players, while getting to the playoffs(therefore earning playoff experience) did not have Finals experience. Happy? There ya go

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)

The meaning is contender is ambiguous here. If they reach the Finals, they are legit contenders. I don't think anyone on these board is picking them to win the Finals over Spurs or several other teams in the West. As of now, both Cavs and Bulls are heavy favorites to reach ECF. If anyone thinks otherwise based on their starts so far, they are overreacting. As for who will that matchup, I like the Bulls chance better than ever, but I still think Cavs will win the series 6 times out of 10, when both teams are healthy.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

I'm ready to say that Pau is worse defensively than Boozer. The blocks Pau gets don't make up for his atrocious feet and laziness nor his awful rebounding. I don't know if he's just struggling with the workload or what, but he absolutely kills us on D

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
I'm ready to say that Pau is worse defensively than Boozer. The blocks Pau gets don't make up for his atrocious feet and laziness nor his awful rebounding. I don't know if he's just struggling with the workload or what, but he absolutely kills us on D

Carlos-Boozer-Open-Mouth-Shock-Reaction-

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)

http://deadspin.com/the-lakers-suck-so-god...-sho-1654894742