2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 02:03 PM)
Make some room J4L I'm jumping on "the Warriors are the best team in basketball" bandwagon.

And look at the age of their five leading scorers: Curry (26), Thompson (24), Green (24), Speights (27) and Barnes (22). They are gonna be good for a LONG time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)
I also have no confidence Bulls doctors did a good job.

The guys at Midwest Orthopedics are legit. It's the trainers and general medicine guys for the Bulls that have been suspect

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 06:30 PM)
Meh, has there been a Brian Cole surgery that we've ended up saying "Whoa, he healed so fast!"

We have a confounding variable here. Especially when it comes to recovery time, the training staff has more to do with it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
Kobe officially passes MJ for third on the all-time scoring list. Amazing accomplishment by an amazing player.

I've always said that Kobe is the closest to Jordan we may ever see.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
Took him what, 3 more years?

I'm kinda more impressed that the mailman is number 2 and like 4000 points ahead

Doesn't make it any less amazing.

Brian's right. Kobe is the closest you'll ever get to MJ.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
Took him what, 3 more years?

I'm kinda more impressed that the mailman is number 2 and like 4000 points ahead

He would've passed him last year had he not missed 76 games. And let's not act like Kobe wasn't drafted at 17 and had to wait his turn. Anyway, this isn't MJ vs Kobe. This is about a guy who came into the league in 1996. Think about what you were doing and what was going on in the world in 1996. I hadn't even wacked off for the first time yet. That came two years later. BH 90210 was in season 6. Did playstation even exist? Now we're on playstation 8. And here we are now going on 2015 and Kobe comes back from not 1, but 2, major knee surgeries in his f***ing 30's to make it back to the court to accomplishment this feat. That's GOAT longevity and dedication to your craft. #bean #mamba

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 05:58 AM)
He would've passed him last year had he not missed 76 games. And let's not act like Kobe wasn't drafted at 17 and had to wait his turn. Anyway, this isn't MJ vs Kobe. This is about a guy who came into the league in 1996. Think about what you were doing and what was going on in the world in 1996. I hadn't even wacked off for the first time yet. That came two years later. BH 90210 was in season 6. Did playstation even exist? Now we're on playstation 8. And here we are now going on 2015 and Kobe comes back from not 1, but 2, major knee surgeries in his f***ing 30's to make it back to the court to accomplishment this feat. That's GOAT longevity and dedication to your craft. #bean #mamba

I think I had Playstation in 97 and was late to the party so assume they were around in 96.

I really started to appreciate Kobe about 06, when he started crashing the boards like crazy.

He had a comic book hero aspect to him. I can close my eyes and see him cross over and fadeaway, with his shorts whooshing out. Dude is an icon and an ironman.