2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vucevic actually reminds me of a younger version of Pau in a way, but that dunk showed he's got more athleticism currently.

Oladipo was probably the difference tonight, he's streaky as hell as a shooter.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
I haven't had the chance to watch many games, but I see the box scores.

Where has Noah gone so far this season? His numbers are really down.

His knee is bugging + playing out of position next to Gasol.

He's missing put backs he usually made, not able to grab boards.

He needs to come off the bench with Niko.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 02:17 AM)
Vucevic actually reminds me of a younger version of Pau in a way, but that dunk showed he's got more athleticism currently.

Oladipo was probably the difference tonight, he's streaky as hell as a shooter.

You would come out of the woodwork when the Magic beat the Bulls. ;)

Nice to see you around.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 07:39 AM)
His knee is bugging + playing out of position next to Gasol.

He's missing put backs he usually made, not able to grab boards.

He needs to come off the bench with Niko.

Yeah, you can tell he has no spring in his game right now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
Worse than Noah being bothered by his knee still, I think it's starting to get into his head.

You could tell he was trying to break out of it last night mentally, but it just wasn't working.

Three big things holding this team down: Rose, Noah and Thibs. Which is crazy to say but it's true.

Rose's defense is atrocious, as is his jumpshot. Teams are going under the pick and roll so he'll shoot, and Rose is taking them for some stupid reason. He's hurting the offensive flow when he's in the game, and his defense, well, is just terrible.

Noah. I love the guy, but he's either hurting our out of place or something. He looks terrible. He still makes the occasional great play, but on defense he and Pau are not communicating enough. And his offense game is non-existent.

Thibs. Tough to criticize the man, but his substitutions are terrible. He keeps defensive guys in there (sans-Taj) when they're down 15. What they really need is their explosive offensive group out there - Pau, Mirotic, Butler, Snell/Moore/Rose and Brooks. Let them run and gun. And it so happens that Mirotic, Snell and Moore, along with Butler, have been playing some fantastic defensive minutes the last 2 weeks. I don't understand why Moore isn't playing over Hinrich at this point. He's looked really good all season. There's been nothing I've seen that indicates that Hinrich is a better option at this point. Moore is younger, more athletic, more explosive and has a better get-to-the-rim game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
Three big things holding this team down: Rose, Noah and Thibs. Which is crazy to say but it's true.

Rose's defense is atrocious, as is his jumpshot. Teams are going under the pick and roll so he'll shoot, and Rose is taking them for some stupid reason. He's hurting the offensive flow when he's in the game, and his defense, well, is just terrible.

Noah. I love the guy, but he's either hurting our out of place or something. He looks terrible. He still makes the occasional great play, but on defense he and Pau are not communicating enough. And his offense game is non-existent.

Thibs. Tough to criticize the man, but his substitutions are terrible. He keeps defensive guys in there (sans-Taj) when they're down 15. What they really need is their explosive offensive group out there - Pau, Mirotic, Butler, Snell/Moore/Rose and Brooks. Let them run and gun. And it so happens that Mirotic, Snell and Moore, along with Butler, have been playing some fantastic defensive minutes the last 2 weeks. I don't understand why Moore isn't playing over Hinrich at this point. He's looked really good all season. There's been nothing I've seen that indicates that Hinrich is a better option at this point. Moore is younger, more athletic, more explosive and has a better get-to-the-rim game.

Hinrich is the toy in the toybox that needs to be taken away. He is the Ozzie Guillen Erstad/Mackowiak/Vizquel. He just cant help but play him

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)

I don't agree with this. Defense is this team's identity and they have always relied on defense to win games. And guess what, their defense was awful last night (has been for a while now), you can't blame the guy for trying to enforce better defense with that lineup. Run and gun is not Bull's strong suit, you can't beat Orlando in their own game, especially when Gasol was the slowest guy out there and was beat on numerous occasions getting back on defense.

I think the blame on Thibs is he didn't put a different look on defense when Vucevic was just abusing Gasol out there. We played too much man to man and there was no way Gasol could have stopped him. In games like this, you'd like to see more traps, double teams, or even some zones. We just let their offense get too comfortable out there, as evident by only forcing 10 turnovers. If fact, we're 29th in the league in opponent turnovers, that has been one of our biggest weaknesses this season.

I almost think the Bulls needed this stretch. They got hot and thought they were invincible and didn't realize you need to do what Thibbs is asking. I think we'll see them regroup and play their best basketball in time and we'll look back on this slump as a key tipping point in the season, imo. Earlier in the season, when we struggled, people didn't think Thibbs was accurate in his message...now the players seem to be speaking Thibbs talk about what is wrong and now that they are both seeing eye to eye, we should see our defense take a major step forward, imo.

Biggest thing is I expect Rose to improve as season goes on (and same for Noah).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Prokhorov probably was pissed he couldnt buy a title because there were actually rules that needed to be followed.

Oh well, back to sleeping on large piles of money

Is he selling because he actually needs the money due to all the issues going on in mother russia? I'm going to guess is net worth has taking a massive hit.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
Is he selling because he actually needs the money due to all the issues going on in mother russia? I'm going to guess is net worth has taking a massive hit.

I would guess this is the case. The Ruble has gone into the toilet vs the dollar, not to mention their economy has tanked since commodity prices have been sold off.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
I don't agree with this. Defense is this team's identity and they have always relied on defense to win games. And guess what, their defense was awful last night (has been for a while now), you can't blame the guy for trying to enforce better defense with that lineup. Run and gun is not Bull's strong suit, you can't beat Orlando in their own game, especially when Gasol was the slowest guy out there and was beat on numerous occasions getting back on defense.

I think the blame on Thibs is he didn't put a different look on defense when Vucevic was just abusing Gasol out there. We played too much man to man and there was no way Gasol could have stopped him. In games like this, you'd like to see more traps, double teams, or even some zones. We just let their offense get too comfortable out there, as evident by only forcing 10 turnovers. If fact, we're 29th in the league in opponent turnovers, that has been one of our biggest weaknesses this season.

Their defense WAS what they relied on. Now they rely on scoring 105 pts a game. They have offense now and because of Thibs' mentality he doesn't utilize it. And it's frustrating when, as you say, their defense sucked and has sucked for the majority of the season. Make an adjustment, Thibs. Utilize the strengths of the players you have and what they're offering. Right now that's more offense and less defense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)

I'm guessing he invested heavily all over the world to protect himself against this very realistic issue with Russian's currency.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
I would guess this is the case. The Ruble has gone into the toilet vs the dollar, not to mention their economy has tanked since commodity prices have been sold off.

The toilet might be more valuable than the Russian economy right now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
I'm guessing he invested heavily all over the world to protect himself against this very realistic issue with Russian's currency.

Easier said than done when you made the bulk of your money in one arena.