2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
He's shooting 42% from three and 45% from the field. He's a very productive player.

Fine, but he's averaging 9 pts and 4 rebounds. Not exactly lighting the world on fire there. Mirotic is at 8 and 5 playing 10 less minutes a game.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
I am sick of the lazy analysis when it comes to Dunleavy. He's not an outstanding player by any stretch but he does things we need and has been a great role player. He spreads the floor very well and moves without the ball better than anyone on the team. I also think his defense is better than he gets credit for as he is towards the top of the league in contesting shots annualy. Unfortunately I am starting to agree on Hinrich (who is one of my all-time favorites) but I doubt Thibs will ever relent on his minutes.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at our offense at its worst, and it's guys receiving the ball and having zero clue what to do next. Even in Dunleavy's bad shooting games, he always makes a decision within 1 second of receiving the ball. Drive, pass, shoot. He knows immediately.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
Fine, but he's averaging 9 pts and 4 rebounds. Not exactly lighting the world on fire there. Mirotic is at 8 and 5 playing 10 less minutes a game.

It is an efficient 9 points and 4 rebounds for a win player and he does it all in the context of the offense while providing great spacing. I like Nik too but Nik would get shredded playing the 3 so giving him minutes at the 3 isn't the short term answer. Tony Snell averages 2.7 ppg on below 40% shooting with worse ball movement, etc.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at our offense at its worst, and it's guys receiving the ball and having zero clue what to do next. Even in Dunleavy's bad shooting games, he always makes a decision within 1 second of receiving the ball. Drive, pass, shoot. He knows immediately.

Yep. What he does creates points for other guys (even if he doesn't get the assist) and makes teams have to play defense and work. It helps us a lot on offense. He plays his role perfectly and really is a near perfect fit for the role we ask / need him to play.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 21, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
We're all in agreement here. I feel like everyone hated the MDJ signing but it's worked out nicely in my opinion.

I don't think anyone said the latter but whatever you need to rationalize your opinion. He's a role player and he does the little things well. He's not going to turn the slide around by himself but he could most definitely be a part of the turnaround.

The whole point of being deep is being able to win without a key player.

They have the talent to sustain injuries. It's been the effort lately.

It'll be interesting how Pau is used...