2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
Nick Friedell on WMVP yesterday said the same thing. This is becoming the locker-room story and it is becoming the front office and players v Thibs and the fans

Why are the players hating on Thibs? Do they think he pushes them way too hard??

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)
LMAO this is ridiculous. Its a players league

you are right about that, but a good coach is hard to come by. no one player is greater than the coach, unless that player is MJ, Kobe, James...

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
Gar needs to stop the petty bulls***.

Also, goddamn. The Bulls are the ultimate "play to competition" team.

in today's media access to everything, i am more surprise there isn't any further explanations on this, like who are the participates involve. are they players, are they management. who... did somebody kick the ball boy...

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)
you are right about that, but a good coach is hard to come by. no one player is greater than the coach, unless that player is MJ, Kobe, James...

Sorry, but this is wrong. Players are always greater. Coaches get fired, not players

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
Sorry, but this is wrong. Players are always greater. Coaches get fired, not players

i will disagree on 1 situation, but mostly what you said is true.

if the coach is very good, and you have a superstar conflict. then it has to be taken into account. otherwise, in the game, it is hard to find a coach let alone a very good coach.

here i am assuming it is the coach and the players problem, that is why i wanted to see if there is more to this problem out of chi.

Edited by LDF

Pathetic effort but would someone please tell me why we stopped giving Butler the ball in the 1st OT. We took so many stupid shots. Poor energy, etc. Noah looked pretty solid again though and Rose missed a million cookies and refs blew some calls (again). We probably should have been at the line 50 times the way the Lakers were fouling last night.

All that said, disgraceful effort. I'm sick of Forman causing this stir. He should be fired. Thibbs is way too good and he's largely right. You can't win in this league without playing and playing with energy, you just can't. The great teams played with energy way more often than not.

If there really is a big problem with Thibs and the FO and/or players (which I'm not fully convinced of), it's not an obvious decision how to resolve it. You can't just fire Thibs; he's one of the very best coaches in the league. You can't start canning people in the FO - they've put together a truly excellent roster and have demonstrated a really steady, patient hand that has kept the team consistently good with a lot of young talent. It will be even harder to try to divine which players might be too blame for the disconnect.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
If there really is a big problem with Thibs and the FO and/or players (which I'm not fully convinced of), it's not an obvious decision how to resolve it. You can't just fire Thibs; he's one of the very best coaches in the league. You can't start canning people in the FO - they've put together a truly excellent roster and have demonstrated a really steady, patient hand that has kept the team consistently good with a lot of young talent. It will be even harder to try to divine which players might be too blame for the disconnect.

that is my question. i only heard 1 time of a prob, but that was between Forman and Thib's several yr ago i think.

i don't know of anything, other than what is said in the newspaper.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
that is my question. i only heard 1 time of a prob, but that was between Forman and Thib's several yr ago i think.

i don't know of anything, other than what is said in the newspaper.

The thing is every reporter is talking about it and they are choosing sides. This is not one or two people trying to create a story.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
The thing is every reporter is talking about it and they are choosing sides. This is not one or two people trying to create a story.

so this poss could be a management prob and not a player - coach prob.

Thib's is such a good coach.

Can I say that Thibs isn't really having a great year? I know they have had injuries, but how many games have we given away to sub .500 teams this year? I wouldn't be as upset about it, but we are still beating really good teams meaning they can play like that on every night... but aren't. So what is the deal?