2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't cry about it at this point if Thibs does get canned. His defensive schemes are aren't as effective as they used to be now that it's popularized around the league and many teams feature a stretch big that will make us pay. Offensively, the play calling is beyond apprehensible, and his rotation management is an adventure every night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
God, the Bulls piss me off. Can we please move Noah to center and Pau to the 4? I know Pau can't defend that either, but I think the result would be oh, so much better regardless.

I am in the boat of not playing them together anymore. I would say go with Pau/Niko play together, that gives Pau more room to post up and also so gives him an outlet to pass to on the outside if he doesn't have a shot. Then have Noah/Taj play together because they are use to playing together.

I would also give Kirk no more than 15 minutes a night. Tony Snell gets no playing time after starting a lot the past couple weeks, that doesn't make any sense.

What do I know though, I'm not a coach in the NBA.

I'm hoping the Taj stuff will force the team to unite and get their collective heads out of their asses.

If Rose drove and stopped chucking threes, that'd help.

If Taj passed once he gets double teamed in the post, that'd help.

If Thibs stopped playing Kirk 30 minutes a night, that'd help.

If Noah came off the bench at the 5 and anchored the D, that'd help.

So many simple things can be done to turn them around, but they don't.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 03:02 AM)
I keep thinking Thibs is going to get canned at the ASB

with Thibs, and if he is a strict coach, i will give example of another situation. now i am saying this, and i am a huge Thibs' backer.

Mike Keenan of the old blackhawks team, he was a very strict coach who also relied on his vets, but if the young players can play a consistent game, he will play them. he rode his players hard, almost to a mutiny. now, he got results, his team played a very discipline kind of game and were least penalized. but his act worn out and that is why he was always getting fired. his act wears out. he was the only coach to insist that the all stars played a hard hitting checking game, this i mention last week.

while Thibs's is a great coach, i wonder if he experiencing the same problem as Keenan.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
What an amazing job by their front office. They've certainly learned from past mistakes. This is the most stacked team LeBron has ever played on.

I love that people in this thread fell for the same trap they did LeBron's first Miami year.

The Cavs are good. The trades they made? SHEEEIIIT.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)
with Thibs, and if he is a strict coach, i will give example of another situation. now i am saying this, and i am a huge Thibs' backer.

Mike Keenan of the old blackhawks team, he was a very strict coach who also relied on his vets, but if the young players can play a consistent game, he will play them. he rode his players hard, almost to a mutiny. now, he got results, his team played a very discipline kind of game and were least penalized. but his act worn out and that is why he was always getting fired. his act wears out. he was the only coach to insist that the all stars played a hard hitting checking game, this i mention last week.

while Thibs's is a great coach, i wonder if he experiencing the same problem as Keenan.

Extremely interesting parallel.

I feel like Taj is kind of lost in his current role. When he goes in, you can see he is all about "I'm gonna get mine". He drives into double and triple teams and rarely kicks it out, and it really hurts the Bulls

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
I feel like Taj is kind of lost in his current role. When he goes in, you can see he is all about "I'm gonna get mine". He drives into double and triple teams and rarely kicks it out, and it really hurts the Bulls

His efficiency is at all time high's. I think we need more of Taj and his attitude and toughness and not less, but that is me. This whole team has Pau and Rose's persona instead of Taj and Noah's persona, imo. This is what Laker fans hated about Pau for years (so it isn't new). Pau is extremely skilled offensively but he has a very "meh" attitude and is horrendous defensively.

Butler and Rose also seem to have massive problems playing together. I still think the biggest issue on our team is Rose. We need a point guard to play with him or something cause he is just brutal and our offense is going to have some really brad stretches with the way he executes and passes right now. Its just ugly. Thankfully his effort and energy levels are increasing.

Nick Friedell @NickFriedell · 4h 4 hours ago

Thibs admitted that there is a chance Bulls could send McDermott to D-League after the All-Star break so that he can get some minutes.

Nick Friedell @NickFriedell · 4h 4 hours ago

Thibs is hopeful that Dunleavy will be able to practice today. Says he's been doing more in the last couple days.

Nick Friedell @NickFriedell · 15h 15 hours ago

Kirk Hinrich has a PER of 7.11. There are only 8 players in the league, out of the 345 qualified, who have a lower number than that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
His efficiency is at all time high's. I think we need more of Taj and his attitude and toughness and not less, but that is me. This whole team has Pau and Rose's persona instead of Taj and Noah's persona, imo. This is what Laker fans hated about Pau for years (so it isn't new). Pau is extremely skilled offensively but he has a very "meh" attitude and is horrendous defensively.

Butler and Rose also seem to have massive problems playing together. I still think the biggest issue on our team is Rose. We need a point guard to play with him or something cause he is just brutal and our offense is going to have some really brad stretches with the way he executes and passes right now. Its just ugly. Thankfully his effort and energy levels are increasing.

a very interesting analysis of this situation.

i think it is time to move Taj and Snell.

do you think Pau can play SF b/c i see that he is getting beaten. Butler and Rose. i notice that, what you wrote some time ago, but i thought it was me.

so who would you like to play over the other. Rose or Butler.