2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
His efficiency is at all time high's. I think we need more of Taj and his attitude and toughness and not less, but that is me. This whole team has Pau and Rose's persona instead of Taj and Noah's persona, imo. This is what Laker fans hated about Pau for years (so it isn't new). Pau is extremely skilled offensively but he has a very "meh" attitude and is horrendous defensively.

Butler and Rose also seem to have massive problems playing together. I still think the biggest issue on our team is Rose. We need a point guard to play with him or something cause he is just brutal and our offense is going to have some really brad stretches with the way he executes and passes right now. Its just ugly. Thankfully his effort and energy levels are increasing.

We need more of Taj crashing boards and playing good defense, not Taj challenging double and triple teams. I don't want less Taj per se, I just want him to recognize when taking it down low isn't a good situation for him. He has gotten blocked a lot in the paint recently, and a lot of it is due to his mistakes.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
His efficiency is at all time high's. I think we need more of Taj and his attitude and toughness and not less, but that is me. This whole team has Pau and Rose's persona instead of Taj and Noah's persona, imo. This is what Laker fans hated about Pau for years (so it isn't new). Pau is extremely skilled offensively but he has a very "meh" attitude and is horrendous defensively.

Butler and Rose also seem to have massive problems playing together. I still think the biggest issue on our team is Rose. We need a point guard to play with him or something cause he is just brutal and our offense is going to have some really brad stretches with the way he executes and passes right now. Its just ugly. Thankfully his effort and energy levels are increasing.

100% agree. It's too bad he's still treated as a super star player. If I were Thibs and he's airballing another 3, or throwing a stupid pass after he got into the air, or failing to follow his guy on a pick and pop, he's out of the game. The team was playing at its best when Butler was the alpha dog, leading the team on both ends of the floor. Rose frankly just got in the way.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
Serious question from a casual NBA observer. How is Atlanta so good? I look over their roster and it doesn't seem special at all. What am I missing?

Team chemistry, I guess. They're basically a bunch of good role players.

Bulls need to run more pick and rolls. It's the easy play to run in basketball yet the hardest to defend, especially when you have to pick your poison between a attacking Rose and sweet shooting Gasol or Mirotic.

We also need to pass the ball more, and move better without the ball. Too much Rose or Brooks dribbling on the perimeter and other guys just watching. The offense doesn't have a good flow at all.

A few things from the NBA I'll throw out there.

1. The Bulls traded two solid 1st round draft slots for Doug McD, and they are considering sending him to the D-League. No words.

2. Doc Rivers has finally lost it. First, he traded way too much to get his kid off the end of the Celtics' bench, and now he's STARTING his son tonight.

3. Taj can go, but he's hardly the issue. Derrick Rose is probably the Bulls' biggest problem right now, and unless he stops shooting 3s they're toast

4. Kevin Martin is back, healthy, and kicking ass. He's also readily available for trade and an expiring contract. He also gets to the line a ton, has great size, and would be a great second scorer for the Bulls (and allow them to move Jimmy to SF).

5. Nikola Vucevic is better than Dwight Howard, and it isn't even close. Great piece of Orlando's Dwight trade - what a monster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 12:39 AM)
A few things from the NBA I'll throw out there.

1. The Bulls traded two solid 1st round draft slots for Doug McD, and they are considering sending him to the D-League. No words.

2. Doc Rivers has finally lost it. First, he traded way too much to get his kid off the end of the Celtics' bench, and now he's STARTING his son tonight.

3. Taj can go, but he's hardly the issue. Derrick Rose is probably the Bulls' biggest problem right now, and unless he stops shooting 3s they're toast

4. Kevin Martin is back, healthy, and kicking ass. He's also readily available for trade and an expiring contract. He also gets to the line a ton, has great size, and would be a great second scorer for the Bulls (and allow them to move Jimmy to SF).

5. Nikola Vucevic is better than Dwight Howard, and it isn't even close. Great piece of Orlando's Dwight trade - what a monster.

ref #1 i was totally surprise at that, i love to make trades and i was ok with the idea of trading, but i was wanting Zach Levine and as PG. i was reading that it was mostly a salary cap move than picking McD. the bulls were trying to make as much room for a FA that they couldn't get. oh well,. i like the potential of this yrs draft.

#3 i think Taj is a issue, the bench really doesn't have that sparkplug to ignite the team. also i think as much as Rose was the man before his last knee surgery, i think it took a toll on him. Butler thrive when he is the main man. Rose, maybe i am being too hard, i remember 2 weeks ago, i was corrected when i wrote, he is not like he used to be.

#4 who would you trade??

#5 Vucevic, to me, he came out of nowhere to show what he is made out of. a total surprise.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
Serious question from a casual NBA observer. How is Atlanta so good? I look over their roster and it doesn't seem special at all. What am I missing?

They're a very good regular season team. Great teamwork and lots of effort. I don't see them doing much in the playoffs though. I can't think of any teams making or winning the finals without a hall of famer on their roster. Maybe the mid 2000s Pistons, but I think a guy or two makes the hall off those teams

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
What an amazing job by their front office. They've certainly learned from past mistakes. This is the most stacked team LeBron has ever played on.

Lebron is very clearly the second best player I've seen in my lifetime. I think talent-wise you're correct, but Bosh and more-so Wade had more of an idea how to win championships and play defense. I would be willing to bet the cavs don't win it all this year mostly because things don't fit for Lebron. He is immensely talented, but he needs quite a bit of scoring talent and defense around him. Imagine if he would have actually went to Golden State...

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
They're a very good regular season team. Great teamwork and lots of effort. I don't see them doing much in the playoffs though. I can't think of any teams making or winning the finals without a hall of famer on their roster. Maybe the mid 2000s Pistons, but I think a guy or two makes the hall off those teams

That's what I thought when I was looking at the roster, but I thought maybe I was missing a superstar breakout season. Although if you are gonna be a "chemistry" team, the East nowadays is a good place to do it.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 05:41 AM)
Lebron is very clearly the second best player I've seen in my lifetime. I think talent-wise you're correct, but Bosh and more-so Wade had more of an idea how to win championships and play defense. I would be willing to bet the cavs don't win it all this year mostly because things don't fit for Lebron. He is immensely talented, but he needs quite a bit of scoring talent and defense around him. Imagine if he would have actually went to Golden State...

look at the bulls of the MJ era. MJ needed Scottie to stretch the defense and give the bull another scoring option. they both knew they needed a power forward to help the center to guard the big, scoring power forward of the league, so at the last go around they got Rodman.

in the basketball history, there are a 1 in a era superstar. the mantle of super stardom has passed from Kobe to Lefron. i wonder, has anyone identified the next superstar in the making????

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 03:38 AM)
look at the bulls of the MJ era. MJ needed Scottie to stretch the defense and give the bull another scoring option. they both knew they needed a power forward to help the center to guard the big, scoring power forward of the league, so at the last go around they got Rodman.

in the basketball history, there are a 1 in a era superstar. the mantle of super stardom has passed from Kobe to Lefron. i wonder, has anyone identified the next superstar in the making????

How many shots did you have before this post?

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 03:38 AM)

The Bulls will be facing him tonight. Hopefully someday he comes home.

Much needed win tonight.

It will be a dog fight in the second half of the season for 2nd or 3rd seed. We are 3 games back of Toronto for the 2nd seed, and tied with Washington for the 3rd seed at the moment. The difference between the 2nd or 3rd seed will be playing Milwaukee or Charlotte in the first round versus playing one of Toronto, Washington or Cleveland.