2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
Taj is so unathletic now. He looks to have lost two steps out there.

Seriously. Suddenly we have no guards who can stop dribble penetration and only one mobile big to funnel them to.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
If you want to feel terrible about roses athletic ability, watch how Payton just came at him three times in a row at a helpless rose.

Yup no longer the elite defender he once was............

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
James Harden for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and picks has now got to be one of the biggest ripoffs in nba history. It's him or Curry (with LeBron lurking) for MVP at this point.

OKC didnt really have much of a choice in the matter, they had to move him or watch him walk. Extremely bitter pill to swallow, but they couldnt pay Durant/Harden/Westbrook all the max.

I suppose they could have, and attempted the Heat model, but even the Heat model had Lebron and Wade taking a little bit less. Harden wanted to get paid

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
OKC didnt really have much of a choice in the matter, they had to move him or watch him walk. Extremely bitter pill to swallow, but they couldnt pay Durant/Harden/Westbrook all the max.

I suppose they could have, and attempted the Heat model, but even the Heat model had Lebron and Wade taking a little bit less. Harden wanted to get paid

They could have paid him and he wouldn't have had to take less money since he was their own free agent. They coupe have kept Durant/Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka together but didn't want to pay the luxury tax. Horrible move

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
They could have paid him and he wouldn't have had to take less money since he was their own free agent. They coupe have kept Durant/Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka together but didn't want to pay the luxury tax. Horrible move

OKC draws pretty well too. Just raise the ticket prices and they still would have came with that squad on the court.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)

how long could they have kept all four? I was under the impression that it was Hardens RFA year and they knew that if they signed him that someone else was gonna be squeezed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
how long could they have kept all four? I was under the impression that it was Hardens RFA year and they knew that if they signed him that someone else was gonna be squeezed.

They might have paid some luxury tax but they could have kept everyone (and even than, you wouldn't be talking about some absurd luxury tax). They could have kept him. In fact, they difference between their offer and max money was pretty small IIRC.

He is having a very good season, but he'll still have those games where he goes 4-23 from the field and Durant goes 5-9. No, I don't mean those exact numbers, so don't go look them up and try to prove me wrong, but the point is that Westbrook, like Rose, doesn't know when to stop shooting and give the ball to someone else.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)

As long as they wanted (and as long as those guys signed the contracts offered to them by the Thunder). The squeeze was based on not wanting to pay the luxury tax and being too cheap to amnesty Perkins.

Came across an interesting stat today. Chris Paul, Durant, and Westbrook has 11, 5, and 10 heave shots, respectively, in their career. That's 26 heave shots and 1,712 games between the 3 of them. Kobe has 47 in 1,014 games, and Lebron has 32 in 885 games. Meanwhile Rose already has 28 heave shots in just 330 career games. Just goes to show how much crap Rose gives about his own stats.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
Came across an interesting stat today. Chris Paul, Durant, and Westbrook has 11, 5, and 10 heave shots, respectively, in their career. That's 26 heave shots and 1,712 games between the 3 of them. Kobe has 47 in 1,014 games, and Lebron has 32 in 885 games. Meanwhile Rose already has 28 heave shots in just 330 career games. Just goes to show how much crap Rose gives about his own stats.

I always thought it was interesting to see what happened with Lebron's heave statistics once Battier joined Miami. I had no idea that Durant was that low either. It really isn't a huge issue, though.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
Why, was Battier a big heaver or something?

Nah, he was generally known as a big advanced stat guy though. Lebron had taken 31 heaves before Battier joined, including 5 the previous year in Miami. He has taken 1 in the last 3+ years.