2014-2015 NBA thread

It's been a disappointing first part of the season, but there are positives to build on going into the ASB.

Jo is looking more and more active.

Gasol and Jimmy showing no signs of slowing down.

Derrick beginning to attack more, pulling out the old MVP moves. Shooting less threes.

Snell gaining confidence.

McDermott is healthy.

Dunleavy is back.

Kirk is on the bench at the moment.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
Just catching the replay and Cavs are playing sloppy. Mentally on break already. Still a good win for the Bulls, just saying.

What I liked was the Bulls looked fast and energized. Offensively, we were a different team too. Excellent ball movement and great spacing and the team did an excellent job moving when they didn't have the basketball. During our stretch of losses, our offense had poor spacing & awful rotations (no ball movement). Team basically looked like the Knicks (where it was total one on one basketball). Big difference when Rose is both attacking and distributing the ball (while protecting the ball).

Those turnovers we were giving up were brutal and I think they are an underrated part of why our defense (from an OPP PPG) has taken a hit as PG turnovers tend to result in a lot of transition buckets.

This Snell thing is becoming very interesting. I haven't been able to watch as many games as I'd like to so do we think he's actually turning into a real basketball player or is this just a hot stretch?

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
This Snell thing is becoming very interesting. Do we think he's actually turning into a real basketball player or is this just a hot stretch?

Given Thibs history of turning ordinary talent into good basketball players, I would bet on the former.

This Snell thing is becoming very interesting. I haven't been able to watch as many games as I'd like to so do we think he's actually turning into a real basketball player or is this just a hot stretch?

I feel like he's shot really well all season. He'd come in and drain a three or two on 3-4 shots. Now he's getting extended minutes and expanding his game beyond just being a spot up shooter in the corner. He's cutting towards the basket, hitting floaters and even making some runs in transition.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
Given Thibs history of turning ordinary talent into good basketball players, I would bet on the former.

Yet another reason why it would be terrible if the Bulls FO traded him away. The guy can clearly coach and develop.

He has talent and it appears he's also gaining confidence. He could be a very valuable 2 way player, Deng-esqe

Bill Walton was calling the Zona game and they started talking about Jordan. Walton says if you picked a team he wouldn't stand out. He then named a bunch of centers and forwards saying they stood out more (Malone etc). Whoever was with him just said "ummm you are just picking guys by height."

Hilarious exchange.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 13, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)
Bill Walton was calling the Zona game and they started talking about Jordan. Walton says if you picked a team he wouldn't stand out. He then named a bunch of centers and forwards saying they stood out more (Malone etc). Whoever was with him just said "ummm you are just picking guys by height."

Hilarious exchange.

He is absolutely horrendous. Whoever his pbp guy hates him too. Never focuses on the game. Tuesday he said Michael Jordan was an average athlete.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 12, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
It's been a disappointing first part of the season, but there are positives to build on going into the ASB.

Jo is looking more and more active.

Gasol and Jimmy showing no signs of slowing down.

Derrick beginning to attack more, pulling out the old MVP moves. Shooting less threes.

Snell gaining confidence.

McDermott is healthy.

Dunleavy is back.

Kirk is on the bench at the moment.

Well they are the 3rd seed in the East currently.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 14, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
I love when we get spectacular dunks that don't need props.

Ditto. They're pretty much saving the dunk contest. A damn shame some of these guys don't look up some players on YouTube doing dunks. Some guys are spectacular. (Jonathan Clark before he destroyed his knee was amazing)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2015 -> 12:16 AM)
These athletes today are just incredible. I don't want to think about what they're gonna be like in 2025.

Can athletes really get any better than this? At what point does the human body peak?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 15, 2015 -> 02:08 AM)
Ditto. They're pretty much saving the dunk contest. A damn shame some of these guys don't look up some players on YouTube doing dunks. Some guys are spectacular. (Jonathan Clark before he destroyed his knee was amazing)

Oh my goodness, had to look him up...

Insane indeed.