2014-2015 NBA thread

Rose needs to get back out there and more minutes but next year is the year that I expect Rose will take some major steps forward and ideally be closer to his MVP days than anything we have seen since. Rose was such a bad passer for most of this year, that I don't expect him to come back and be elite but I expect him to be focused and significantly improve our on the ball defense at the PG spot while also being able to help the overall pace of the offense.

I would hope we get him back out on Friday against the Bucks and just ease him from a minutes perspective, although I presume it won't be until next week.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
If it's not the Bulls then Go Warriors, such a blast to watch.

I've always enjoyed watching the Clips, but GS is pretty fun too. Not very hateable either.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
If it's not the Bulls then Go Warriors, such a blast to watch.

They've really been historically dominant regular season wise. SRS (simple rating system) measures average point differential combined with strength of schedule. The Warriors are at 10.62. That's better than, and in most cases considerably better, than all the great Laker teams (including the Shaq/Kobe ones), all the great Spurs teams and LeBron's Heat. You've go to go back to the 1997 69-win Chicago Bulls to find a higher SRS. That team had a 10.70 SRS.

So last night's game sucked. Really bad game from Thibs. If you had never watched an NBA game and asked "who doesn't belong", you would have said Aaron Brooks. He was forced into more minutes iwht kirk out (whom we looked better with at point). But I'd preferred MOore get more burn because he just doesn't turn it over like Brooks.

That said, we should have lost, and easily could have won. HOrrendous FT % and 3pt %. Just an outlier game.

Something really weird just happened in the Bulls game. The official blew the whistle and then JR Smith shot a 3. They counted the 3...

Apparently, they blew the whistle because the shot clock didn't reset. Then you'd think the 3 wouldn't count.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
The guy was the 6th man of the year just two years ago. Dude is crazy talented. He's not a guy that can flourish anywhere. But get him the right teammates, coach, system, etc - you got an asset.

I don't care who he's playing with...old JR doesn't hit that shot...holy s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
Well, should be fun losing to LeBron in round two once again. Really should've dealt Noah after last year's peak season for assets. The Bulls would be foolish not to shop Gasol after his rebirth. He won't likely repeat this performance next year.

Gasol has a no trade clause. Also, good to know the regular season is only an indicator of the playoffs when the bulls lose.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)
Gasol has a no trade clause. Also, good to know the regular season is only an indicator of the playoffs when the bulls lose.

Figures. And the Cavs are just better. Nobody outside of the blindest of homers could look at these two teams and where they're at currently and think the Bulls can win. Those two trades earlier in the year locked up the east.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
Figures. And the Cavs are just better. Nobody outside of the blindest of homers could look at these two teams and where they're at currently and think the Bulls can win. Those two trades earlier in the year locked up the east.

The Cavs are better ATM. It all depends on which Rose comes back.

As good as the Cavs are offensively, they're not good defensively.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)

Regardless of which rose gets back, Aaron Brooks is just not capable of defending or getting to his spots in the offense against 25/30 teams in this league. He is the worst PG we've had backup Rose since CJ Miles. The fairy dust is over, they need a legit backup since, they usually don't have a starter.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath there. As far as the Cavs D, you have to break 'em up in two parts - pre-Mozgov and post-Mozgov. They're in the top 10 in defensive efficiency post-Mozgov last I checked.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Regardless of which rose gets back, Aaron Brooks is just not capable of defending or getting to his spots in the offense against 25/30 teams in this league. He is the worst PG we've had backup Rose since CJ Miles. The fairy dust is over, they need a legit backup since, they usually don't have a starter.

Aaron Brooks isn't a PG. He's a 6 foot shooting guard.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)

Watson