2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 07:33 AM)
When Rose is penetrating, he still looks like a HOFer. And thank God Pau can at least block shots. If he couldn't, he would make Boozer look like a lockdown defender.

I actually asked myself that yesterday. Were we actually a better defensive team with Boozer the past few years? I still take Pau's offense over him all day.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
No idea how anybody from the east is gonna be able to contain this Cleveland offense over 4-7 games.

Not going to say you're wrong, but do want to ask how much of a lesson you want to take from games against the Celtics.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
Not going to say you're wrong, but do want to ask how much of a lesson you want to take from games against the Celtics.

It's not just today. They've been an offensive juggernaut for about 45 games now. Just so much space with all the shooting they have.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
When Rose is penetrating, he still looks like a HOFer. And thank God Pau can at least block shots. If he couldn't, he would make Boozer look like a lockdown defender.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 19, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
I actually asked myself that yesterday. Were we actually a better defensive team with Boozer the past few years? I still take Pau's offense over him all day.

I saw a really good breakdown someplace, maybe it was linked here, showing why Boozer is probably better for this team's defense than Pau. Not so much because Boozer is a better defender, but because Pau isn't well-suited to do what we ask him to and he seems wholly unwilling to try it. At this stage, of course, Boozer isn't really an offensive contributor so it isn't as if you'd really want to swap them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
We will see if Rose can keep up the tenacity tonight. I am very excited for this game!

He looked gassed a lot in Game 1. I hope he can get his wind back before round 2.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
I saw a really good breakdown someplace, maybe it was linked here, showing why Boozer is probably better for this team's defense than Pau. Not so much because Boozer is a better defender, but because Pau isn't well-suited to do what we ask him to and he seems wholly unwilling to try it. At this stage, of course, Boozer isn't really an offensive contributor so it isn't as if you'd really want to swap them.

He looked gassed a lot in Game 1. I hope he can get his wind back before round 2.

TBH, I'd rather get 25 minutes of 110% Derrick Rose who attacks the rim, than 40 minutes of 80% Derrick Rose who just shoots 3's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
TBH, I'd rather get 25 minutes of 110% Derrick Rose who attacks the rim, than 40 minutes of 80% Derrick Rose who just shoots 3's.

not me. Anyone who watched how little flexibility we had with the last regular season bucks/bulls game would ever say that. Brooks could not do anything to stop MCW and Moore could not play 40 minutes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)

Sure, but I'd like 40 minutes of 110% Derrick Rose when I need it :)