2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
Nick Friedell @NickFriedell · 2m 2 minutes ago

Mirotic has large knot on his knee. He's going to get treatment and is limping around towards the back of the locker room.

I'm ok with this. Sit until Cleveland.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 05:57 AM)
IIRC Pachulia did a bunch of s*** like this against the Bulls back in the 2011 playoffs when he was with Atlanta

I wish they would have shown the part where he got kicked out because it was another blatant elbow but they just brushed it off in the broadcast like Niko was just trying to "get even"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 06:57 AM)
IIRC Pachulia did a bunch of s*** like this against the Bulls back in the 2011 playoffs when he was with Atlanta

He also did it to Dwight Howard when he was on Orlando, but at the time I thought it was funny because Dwight.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
I think last night showed that Jimmy is now the clear #1 option on this team. Rose deferred to him quite a bit in that second half and with good reason.

Well double-teamed Rose and Pau throughout. Butler stepped up big time. Once they double team Jimmy, Pau or Rose will look like the #1 option.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
anxiously awaiting Mirotic news.

Quad contusion, they are hoping treatment will have him ready for the next game. At least thats what Cowley said an hour ago on the score

I just want to point out that the way the Bulls rebounded and defended yesterday is how I expected them to do it all year. They were monsters on the glass and this team is so much better with Derrick at the point (when he is focused on D, he is an extremely strong defensive point guard...I should caveat this as saying there aren't many good defensive PG's in the league). Loved it. I still think we will have chemistry issues due to overall rust that will hinder us against Cleveland (who to me is going to be the eventual champ) but I think it will be a great series and just hope everyone on both sides is healthy for it. We'll need to play elite defensively and need all of our playmakers to be aggressive and effective.

Cleveland has gotten us on the glass a bit this year so hopefully we can take that angle from them and crush them in the paint as Butler is going to have an extremely difficult match up in Lebron so key will be our bench having an advantage and helping us and Derrick and Pau outplaying Kyrie / Love with Dunleavy playing efficiently.