2014-2015 NBA thread

A positive take away is we barely lost the past 2 games despite some bad breaks and Rose playing like s***. If we get the good Derrick in either of the next 2 games and get those makeable shots to fall, we should have no problem moving on to the next round.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
A positive take away is we barely lost the past 2 games despite some bad breaks and Rose playing like s***. If we get the good Derrick in either of the next 2 games and get those makeable shots to fall, we should have no problem moving on to the next round.

None of that is positive when you're trying to be a title contender(not that I think we are).

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)

Bucks have figured out how to guard pretty much everything he tries to do and what our team tries to do. But we still keep running the same plays and sets over and over and it isn't working.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
None of that is positive when you're trying to be a title contender(not that I think we are).

I think we are all disappointed we couldn't close out this inferior team in 5, but looking at rest of the picture in the East we're not entirely doomed. Cleveland is going to be shorthanded and their defense isn't nearly as good and aren't as well-coached as the Bucks. Atlanta never struck anyone as a postseason threat and so far it's proven right. Wizards had their ups and downs and are in no way unbeatable. If we pass this test, we still have a fighting chance. (Again, just me trying to look past the disgusting showing tonight)

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
I think we are all disappointed we couldn't close out this inferior team in 5, but looking at rest of the picture in the East we're not entirely doomed. Cleveland is going to be shorthanded and their defense isn't nearly as good and aren't as well-coached as the Bucks. Atlanta never struck anyone as a postseason threat and so far it's proven right. Wizards had their ups and downs and are in no way unbeatable. If we pass this test, we still have a fighting chance. (Again, just me trying to look past the disgusting showing tonight)

The longer this series stretches, the better love feels.

Bucks have figured out how to guard pretty much everything he tries to do and what our team tries to do. But we still keep running the same plays and sets over and over and it isn't working.

Their defense is good, but we made them look better than they are. Jimmy missed at least 5 layups tonight, a few more by Mirotic and Noah. Rose is 0-7 from 3's tonight after shooting 46% (yes 4.6.) from 3's the first 4 games. I think it's more the case that we weren't ready for the fight tonight than them figuring us out finally.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
The longer this series stretches, the better love feels.

Spurs Clippers might go to game 7 anyways, the difference is probably a day or two, at max.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)

Way inseenit...this team has consistently played down to its opposition. However ifnthey cant win on road things will be awfully tight at uc in game 7. I actually thinh road game will be gooD for them. This bucks team gets credit f8r the d but bulls have to clean up the stupid passing and hopefully they finish at the hoop and get off to good start and bury bucks from beginning.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
I've been a big Thibs fan, but we haven't looked like a well-coached team in this series.

It looks like they quit listening to Thibs. They don't play defense, and they are soft. They have just let MIL push them around.

I don't even think defense is the problem. They've given up 92 and 94 in their two losses.

The offense is a mess with the turnovers. How many jump passes in traffic should we throw? How many times can we get stripped dribbling in the lane or trying to split double teams?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 07:15 AM)
I don't even think defense is the problem. They've given up 92 and 94 in their two losses.

The offense is a mess with the turnovers. How many jump passes in traffic should we throw? How many times can we get stripped dribbling in the lane or trying to split double teams?

Yes. At one point DRose and Butler were a combined 10-40 from the field. That's pretty hard to overcome.

This isnt a genius observation or anything, but you can usually tell within a few shots that Dunleavy is going to be worthwhile or worthless on the court. Last night right off the bat you could tell he wasnt going to be on the stat sheet

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 12:15 AM)
Way inseenit...this team has consistently played down to its opposition. However ifnthey cant win on road things will be awfully tight at uc in game 7. I actually thinh road game will be gooD for them. This bucks team gets credit f8r the d but bulls have to clean up the stupid passing and hopefully they finish at the hoop and get off to good start and bury bucks from beginning.

everything ok?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
This isnt a genius observation or anything, but you can usually tell within a few shots that Dunleavy is going to be worthwhile or worthless on the court. Last night right off the bat you could tell he wasnt going to be on the stat sheet

There are a lot of players like that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 05:04 AM)
It looks like they quit listening to Thibs. They don't play defense, and they are soft. They have just let MIL push them around.

I don't think they haven't played defense. I think the defense has been fine (outside of Rose stinking it all over the place yesterday). The turnovers have been the absolute achilles heel. Look at how many points the Bucks are getting off of those turnovers and they still are shooting a relatively lousy percentage. Defense has not been an issue one bit. Ball security, ball security, ball security and with that, just overall stagnant offense. Rose plays too passive for too long of stretches, and guys still aren't used to each other. However, this is part of the process and I think if they can get past the Bucks, it will make them stronger.

One other minor issue: Thibs' rotations. Where the f*** is Etwaun Moore? Why is the dead body of Hinrich playing over him? It was only a few minutes last night, but still. Find a spark. Bench Rose when he's sucking and try something different. It was painful watching Rose dribble for 15 seconds, use a pick to get double teamed and then throw up a prayer or turn it over.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)
If I ran the show, I'd keep Thibs under almost all circumstances. That would be the one where I wouldn't

There would seem to be something fitting about this Bulls team and this era going out with that distinction.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
If Bulls lose this series, Thibs might get fired between end of game and the post game press conference

As much as I like Thibs, if we do somehow lose this series, he has no business coaching this team. Thibs prides himself on defense and we've been outplayed defensively big time the last two games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 11:16 AM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 6m6 minutes ago Cavaliers say it is "highly unlikely" Kevin Love will return for the playoffs
They're even talking about surgery...if that's the case, he's done for this postseason.