2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Emulating" the Spurs isn't exactly any easier. How many times are you going to draft a top-10 player of All-Time that plays for 17 years with an extremely limited injury history and acquire 3 more All-Star caliber players while he's on the team? Oh, and get them to take reduced salaries so you can still add other guys to the roster.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 08:38 PM)
Lol J4L. You sound as salty as f*ck. The Heat getting murked got you that down?

I don't really feel like getting into it with you (watching Captain Phillips) but I do recall me and you having a difference of opinion between which franchise was more worthy of emulating, you said the Heat and I said San Antonio.

SA has beaten the GOAT (lol) LeBron 2 outta 3, really should be 3 outta 3 though...

BTW you might want to hand in your Bulls fan card already. That Heat bandwagon is a little lighter nowadays so just go full out, bro.

And let's just totally ignore the Bulls got past Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and Shaq in the East.

lies up and down this post. I never said the Heat should be emulated. What they pulled off in '10 is historic and unprecedented and can't be emulated anyway. I'm salty? Are you serious? The Heat got smacked. End of story. Once again, I never said LeBron is the GOAT. Jordan is 1-3 against Isaiah Thomas. So, like, I don't get it. The 2002/2003 Nets were a bi-product of a weak eastern conference. If the Heat go 0/4, you'd have a point.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
"Emulating" the Spurs isn't exactly any easier. How many times are you going to draft a top-10 player of All-Time that plays for 17 years with an extremely limited injury history and acquire 3 more All-Star caliber players while he's on the team? Oh, and get them to take reduced salaries so you can still add other guys to the roster.

When the Spurs do it, it's cool and selfless. When the Heat do it, it's evil collusion. #ModerndayMeatHeadidiots

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)

It starts with their salaries. Look at Duncan, Ginobili, and Parkers salaries for next year. Let me put it this way. Derrick Rose will make more than Duncan and Ginobli... combined.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
It starts with their salaries. Look at Duncan, Ginobili, and Parkers salaries for next year. Let me put it this way. Derrick Rose will make more than Duncan and Ginobli... combined.

Kobe makes more than the SA big 3 combined.

@blasondamadrid: R.Madrid (1). Mirotic jugó el jueves su último partido con la camiseta del Madrid. Operación NBA en marcha. La próxima semana viaja a EEUU.

non-fluent Spanish speaker translation: Mirotic has played his last game for Madrid, and he heads to the USA next week.

@blasondamadrid: Real Madrid (2). Como contó Fernando Ruiz (@fernan_ruiz), Mirotic tenía tomada la decisión hace semanas. El club recibirá 2,5 millones.

Mirotic had decided this weeks ago. Madrid gets 2.5 million.

There are more tweets, but the gist of it is that Mirotic is ready to go to the NBA right now, and he will come pretty much no matter what the Bulls are paying.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 10:21 PM)
@blasondamadrid: R.Madrid (1). Mirotic jugó el jueves su último partido con la camiseta del Madrid. Operación NBA en marcha. La próxima semana viaja a EEUU.

non-fluent Spanish speaker translation: Mirotic has played his last game for Madrid, and he heads to the USA next week.

@blasondamadrid: Real Madrid (2). Como contó Fernando Ruiz (@fernan_ruiz), Mirotic tenía tomada la decisión hace semanas. El club recibirá 2,5 millones.

There are more tweets, but the gist of it is that Mirotic is ready to go to the NBA right now, and he will come pretty much no matter what the Bulls are paying.

image.png

If his and Dougie McBuckets games can translate into the NBA, this team, even before they add anything else, will be a really fun to watch.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 10:21 PM)

Wow nice.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 12:17 AM)
My bold prediction is Wade and Melo come to Chicago.

Rose-FA PG

Wade-Butler

Melo-McDermott

Gibson-Mirotic

Noah-FA C

Finals here we come

No thanks on D-Wade.

Jason Kidd's insecurities as a person are really quite fascinating.

If the Nets can get some sort of future 1st rounder as part of that deal, and can hire Lionel Hollins as a replacement, I'd be all over that.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 02:01 AM)
Jason Kidd's insecurities as a person are really quite fascinating.

If the Nets can get some sort of future 1st rounder as part of that deal, and can hire Lionel Hollins as a replacement, I'd be all over that.

If the Nets can get anyone at all to replace Kidd, they should be all over it.

The Kidd thing really doesn't surprise me, he was a coach killer as a player, just ask Skiles/Scott/Frank.

Hell, he burned Frank as a player AND as a coach. Kidd is a bridge burner, it really is all you need to know