2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 5, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
Its worth remembering that GarPax were on the verge of trading Niko, Butler, Taj and the picks from '14 for Kevin Love. Only reason that didn't work out was because the Wolves liked Wiggins+ more. So its not like GarPax are some masterful engineers of NBA rosters.

The offer was Taj, Mirotic and McDermott. No Butler or picks. Gasol-Love-Dunleavy-Butler-Rose. Yes please.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basket...-for-kevin-love

Edited by Jenksismybitch

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
f*** you thibs for having kirk f***ing hinrich out there at all but especially in critical f***in minutes and f*** you for not providing any damn offensive plays other than Rose or Jimmy one on one at the end of the game...

Other than that, loving this win tonight

Hinrich actually hit some shots tonight and I know Kyrie got points but it wasn't because Kirk played lousy defense. I for one am glad Kirk is there (he isn't the perfect back-up by any sense and is a shell of who he once was, but in the post-season his experience and his smarts will be invaluable, imo). Plus, I don't ever want to see Brooks on the court when we need a stop. Thankfully the Cavs don't have a great backup PG so Brooks won't get abused like he did against the Bucks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 4, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
The good thing is that Shumpert pretty much played JR's role this game and they still lost.

LeBron looked absolutely awful at times today.

Big difference when you have Shump coming off bench, etc. They were thin and we need to capitalize these first two games. What I do like is we beat them with Kryie playing absurdly good. LBJ isn't going to have that quiet of a game 2, I can assure you. We will need to take step up and continue making the right moves in the chess match and of course playing our asses off!!! And make sure we do everything to seal on the boards cause Cavs have some very good o-rebounders.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 4, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
Hinrich -6

+ / - can be a pretty bad stat. A lot of that happened when Kryie went nuts. And it wasn't, no one was playing defense nuts...it was Kryie just playing insane.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 4, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
If he can just move his feet of stone a bit more and not give up so many rebounds that'll be huge

Pau's rebounding in the playoffs has been very good, imo. He's brought his energy up a notch. Loved Pau's performance yesterday (especially in that dominant 3rd). When the Cavs were making their run, I was busy yelling, get Pau the darn ball. He is a huge x-factor in this series and will need to be because LBJ > Butler and Kyrie > Rose.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 4, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
I just have to say poor Niko, he's good enough to get more than 2 minutes even in a playoff game on any other team.

He hasn't played well since he banged up his knee, but with the way things were going and pace of the game, it never made sense to bring Niko in (especially with TT out their). TT is a heck of a o-rebounder and that means you have to put everything into boarding.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:11 AM)
I think the layoff hurt the Cavs a bit.

Is it just me or does LeBron seem a bit sluggish on the court these days? Obviously he is bigger and stronger than most, but I think his athleticism has fallen off a bit. MJ was able to weather that storm for quite a while. Maybe it was just Butler's defense.

I'll be honest, every time I see Lebron, I go my god, he is a man among boys. I still feel that way. I think this was rust and LBJ trying to work and get things going with his new teammates. I think some of his turnovers were related to the fact that with this new lineup, he hasn't gotten to play much with some of these guys.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 5, 2015 -> 08:14 AM)
I just dont get it. The only thing I have heard about Thibs is that he is stubborn. Not undermining, not mean, not a guy who will smile to your face and stab you in the back, just stubborn. If the story is true and these people feel like they have been bugged, I just dont know what to say, that is insane.

it seems like Garpax feel like they should be coaching. f*** it, come down from your perch and coach them if you feel like Thibs isnt good enough. Dont hire someone else to fire later, you have gotten plenty of guys to line up and knock down. Show us how its done

I am going to point one thing out...Woj doesn't like the Bulls front office, he never has. We don't share leaks with him and he's gone out of his way to bash Gar / Pax. I would take a lot of these with a grain of salt. Woj sits from a perch and he is the best at getting inside info but he is also the best at smearing and putting out bad campaigns to those who don't give him that information.

And I love Thibbs. The players love Thibbs and I really hope when this year is done, Thibbs / Gar / Pax / JR all enjoy some cigars, put on championship rings, and sing koombaf***ing ya and go out and win some more!!! Thibbs4Ever!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)
so, Jason just binge-read and binge-responded to this thread

that is how i do it. Out on west coast, I recorded, took care of the kids (had cell phone / tv's off of course) and than watched late last night so didn't get chance to read until this AM.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
I am going to point one thing out...Woj doesn't like the Bulls front office, he never has. We don't share leaks with him and he's gone out of his way to bash Gar / Pax. I would take a lot of these with a grain of salt. Woj sits from a perch and he is the best at getting inside info but he is also the best at smearing and putting out bad campaigns to those who don't give him that information.

And I love Thibbs. The players love Thibbs and I really hope when this year is done, Thibbs / Gar / Pax / JR all enjoy some cigars, put on championship rings, and sing koombaf***ing ya and go out and win some more!!! Thibbs4Ever!

There are a lot of grains of salt to take, his piece reflects what pretty much every reporter is saying. There is nobody in chicago that has an opinion "they can work this out if they win"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
There are a lot of grains of salt to take, his piece reflects what pretty much every reporter is saying. There is nobody in chicago that has an opinion "they can work this out if they win"

I have heard many reporters say that if they go deep, they will work it out. I've also heard from multiple people, including an insider who works in the front office of a different team in the playoffs (whose best friends with my best friend...I won't go any further than that), that this is a Gar and Thibbs issue and not a Pax and Thibbs issue. I've also heard it isn't near as bad as is reported and there are other teams putting pills out their as well in hopes to land Thibbs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
I have heard many reporters say that if they go deep, they will work it out. I've also heard from multiple people, including an insider who works in the front office of a different team in the playoffs (whose best friends with my best friend...I won't go any further than that), that this is a Gar and Thibbs issue and not a Pax and Thibbs issue. I've also heard it isn't near as bad as is reported and there are other teams putting pills out their as well in hopes to land Thibbs.

I sincerely hope you are right, I really do. All I know is when KC Johnson gave up on any sort of resolving the issue, I gave up on it. KC has been the mouthpiece for a while. He isnt always 100 percent right, but he is usually on point. Earlier this season he was in the "just win and work it out camp", and that changed in February

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
The Bulls under Thibs are 3-0 in Game 1 of series against a LeBron James led team in the playoffs. They are 0-8 after game 1's.

Yeah. Hopefully that trend changes this year.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 5, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
I do not believe bulls will shoot 50% + this series but I think that PNR will be there all game, or else we will feast with drives.

The thing I'm sort of afraid of is Rose not being able to finish said drives. If Blatt does actually put somebody on Gasol, Derrick needs to make them pay for it by driving and beating 2 defenders (as opposed to 3).

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
The thing I'm sort of afraid of is Rose not being able to finish said drives. If Blatt does actually put somebody on Gasol, Derrick needs to make them pay for it by driving and beating 2 defenders (as opposed to 3).

Butler's drives were cut off too, and he can get to the line more.

Also - if rose is driving and missing, that's the one thing noah can still do - putbacks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)

One of the things that is developing with this team is that they're able to actually score in a number of ways and we've seen that in the playoffs already. We've seen a game or two where Derrick hammered the Bucks on the dribble-drive, we've seen Butler get into that act too, we've seen games where that was cut off and they've diverted to the mid-range game, and we've seen games where the outside game has contributed.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
I found it very interesting to see to Woj article this morning. Woj does NOT have a good relationship with the Bulls front office, it's been known for a while.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-thibodeau...-072125079.html

Similar to Jeff Van Gundy, it seems as if Thibs used that story in this long running game the front office and Thibs have been playing all year. It seems all along that if the Bulls didn't reach the Finals, Thibs wasn't coming back, and will probably be traded this offseason.

By the way, I'm not saying their isn't smoke out there and issues don't exist, they clearly do. Just saying that this being beyond repair might be exaggerated. Winning can repair a lot. Look at how long Phil and Krause made it work.