2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:45 AM)
If the roster stays pretty close to intact (ie both Taj and Noah are back), he will be coming off of the bench and playing back ups minutes. That is a good situation to come into, with those guys in front of you. Get your 15-20 minutes at night at the 4/5 and learn the game against two of the hardest workers in basketball during practice.

I agree; Even if Bulls don't get Melo, this will be a significantly upgraded team from a year ago, imo. That said, we are getting Melo!

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
I agree; Even if Bulls don't get Melo, this will be a significantly upgraded team from a year ago, imo. That said, we are getting Melo!

If the Bulls can convince the Knicks to take Boozer as an expiring contract and keep the roster pretty close to intact, this is a really, really good team. if the Heat stay together, I'd put the Bulls as the clear #2, and as a treat to the Heat, if the Heat don't get a significant upgrade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
I've always loved what Rose did on the floor, and hated what he did off of it.

Really? When he was driving around the UC after games, thanking people for wearing his jersey, crying about his mom's support after the MVP award, you were like "this guy sucks"

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)

I'm excited at the prospect of after three years of signing a token shooter, we are possibly going to significantly upgrading our shooting as a team, depending on who we fill out.

But man I wish we had drafted Dieng last year, and had some semblance of a backup C for NOah. The nice thing about taj is he can spell the C position on backup centers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:57 AM)
I'm excited at the prospect of after three years of signing a token shooter, we are possibly going to significantly upgrading our shooting as a team, depending on who we fill out.

But man I wish we had drafted Dieng last year, and had some semblance of a backup C for NOah. The nice thing about taj is he can spell the C position on backup centers.

Lets be honest here, in this NBA, Taj would be one of the best starting centers in the league (if you wanted him to). There just aren't many very good / dangerous centers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Really? When he was driving around the UC after games, thanking people for wearing his jersey, crying about his mom's support after the MVP award, you were like "this guy sucks"

Cheating on his SAT's. Having his bother do his dirty work. Undermining his teammates publicly. Refusing to help the organization, while other starts did it, including his own teammates.

Woj had some tweets about how Kidd's powerplay is really viewed poorly by other coaches. Unspoken rule is you don't angle for jobs currently held by other coaches. Rick Carlisle is head of coaches union and said it's likely Kidd will fee his cool reception.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
Doron Lamb was waived...I'd love to see the Bulls pick him up to be the backup SG.

Why would we want him to be our back-up SG? That looks like an awful idea. I don't know anything other then his stats but why would one of the best teams in the NBA benefit from picking up a guy like this to be our primary back-up at the 2 guard position? Last man on the bench, sure, maybe we can talk but backup.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
Why would we want him to be our back-up SG? That looks like an awful idea. I don't know anything other then his stats but why would one of the best teams in the NBA benefit from picking up a guy like this to be our primary back-up at the 2 guard position? Last man on the bench, sure, maybe we can talk but backup.

I just think he's a great shooter from beyond the arc and he's better than what those stats indicate. Dude nearly shot 50% from 3 in college. Maybe my expectations of a backup SG is a lil low though........Anyone think Vince Carter got another year in him? He's been a pretty good 3 point shooter the past few years.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I am Rose decided to give an interview 1 day before Melo visits.

1 - he likes Melo but won't recruit him, giving the impression he doesn't want another star here

2 - Gives impression he's still not ready to play, shadowing bulls ability to win next year.

I'm fine with him not recruiting, I'm not fine with him skipping USA because he's scared, but worst of all is opening your mouth at the worst time for both of these. You are silent for 6 months and suddenly talk now? Just shut up, man. you better sign for tony parker dollars your next contract.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
The more I think about it, the more pissed I am Rose decided to give an interview 1 day before Melo visits.

1 - he likes Melo but won't recruit him, giving the impression he doesn't want another star here

2 - Gives impression he's still not ready to play, shadowing bulls ability to win next year.

I'm fine with him not recruiting, I'm not fine with him skipping USA because he's scared, but worst of all is opening your mouth at the worst time for both of these. You are silent for 6 months and suddenly talk now? Just shut up, man. you better sign for tony parker dollars your next contract.

Completely agree with this. Broussard keeps saying that Rose has made it clear to Melo that he wants him here (in private). I really want Rose to win cause he's a humble guy and despite my complaining about how he has handled his injuries, clearly a great teammate (look at how the rest of the Bulls talk about him for pete sake...it says a lot).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
Completely agree with this. Broussard keeps saying that Rose has made it clear to Melo that he wants him here (in private). I really want Rose to win cause he's a humble guy and despite my complaining about how he has handled his injuries, clearly a great teammate (look at how the rest of the Bulls talk about him for pete sake...it says a lot).

Yes, a lot of people think what he's saying is that Rose won't be there for the meetings and official "recruitment" but has reached out to let him know he wants him there.

I mean, Rose has said he would want melo and would recruit him, and now says he isn't going to.

But he HAS to get over the "I want people to see me as they did in 2011" stuff, you need to play like crap to overcome it, and what better place than Team USA? Great coaching, players playing hard, it's what made you in 2011 before you signed a 22 million dollar deal a year that you've earned maybe $5 on.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Yes, a lot of people think what he's saying is that Rose won't be there for the meetings and official "recruitment" but has reached out to let him know he wants him there.

I mean, Rose has said he would want melo and would recruit him, and now says he isn't going to.

But he HAS to get over the "I want people to see me as they did in 2011" stuff, you need to play like crap to overcome it, and what better place than Team USA? Great coaching, players playing hard, it's what made you in 2011 before you signed a 22 million dollar deal a year that you've earned maybe $5 on.

I think some of the quotes were taken for more then they were.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
I definitely want him skipping team USA stuff.

I want him to play, get the rust off, get his timing back, and dominate from the get go next season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)

Yeah.

Honestly either Derrick Rose is really as dumb as he acts, or he is really a f***ing asshole. I lean towards number 1, but wonder about #2 sometimes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
I want him to play, get the rust off, get his timing back, and dominate from the get go next season.

This is how I feel. I would much rather have him work through all of the post major injury stuff in games that don't matter.

Of everything i have read about Rose, it seems he is more naive than dumb(or an asshole). But I dont know the guy, he is a ghost off the court except for promotional appearances, he keeps out of trouble.