2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
It absolutely has to do with possession, they even mentioned it on the telecast. It was very close to the baseline and they were checking to see if it hit in bounds, which would have ended the game

That isn't possession. Everyone knew it was Cleveland ball. That is possession.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
That isn't possession. Everyone knew it was Cleveland ball. That is possession.

You can argue all day long, they were looking to see if it landed on the line, and if it landed out of bounds what time was on the clock.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
You can argue all day long, they were looking to see if it landed on the line, and if it landed out of bounds what time was on the clock.

Which is a timing issue, not possession. Thibs review probably cost his team the game. Timing at least makes sense. Possession was incredibly obvious, and wasn't in question. If that is what he was looking at, someone really screwed up on the Bulls side. Like Ventura with the challenge screwed up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)

That's not possession. That is time. There is a difference, if you are asking to review for possession you think it might have been off the other team and should be your ball. If you ask about time, you think there should be more or less time left on the clock. I'm really not sure if Thibs actually meant he wanted to see if the time should have been up because Niko clearly touched the ball, there was no doubt about that. And when I saw the first replay I saw the ball hit the line and I immediately said there should be 1.4 seconds left.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
Which is a timing issue, not possession. Thibs review probably cost his team the game. Timing at least makes sense. Possession was incredibly obvious, and wasn't in question. If that is what he was looking at, someone really screwed up on the Bulls side. Like Ventura with the challenge screwed up.

It is possbile Thibs did it for the free TO. I know on the telecast they were saying it gave Cleveland a chance to set up a play, but maybe Thibs thought setting up his defense trumped that. I'm guessing that would have been reviewed for time anyway.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)
It is possbile Thibs did it for the free TO. I know on the telecast they were saying it gave Cleveland a chance to set up a play, but maybe Thibs thought setting up his defense trumped that. I'm guessing that would have been reviewed for time anyway.

Possible. If so he really didn't have a good defensive play set up. I think someone else mentioned it, why not double LeBron instead of guarding the in-bounder? Doesn't make much sense to with 1.5 left

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 11, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
Possible. If so he really didn't have a good defensive play set up. I think someone else mentioned it, why not double LeBron instead of guarding the in-bounder? Doesn't make much sense to with 1.5 left

The inbounder would have had a clear path back for a quick alley oop play. 1.5 seconds you can pull that off. 0.8, no way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
The inbounder would have had a clear path back for a quick alley oop play. 1.5 seconds you can pull that off. 0.8, no way.

That would be tough considering he probably who have had to throw it to the 3 point line and get the ball back and tip it in that quickly. I would take my chances with that then letting James get shot off that easily. If you look at their play, the 3 other guys are on the other side of the basket from the inbounder with LeBron iso with Butler. Don't forget the inbounder was Delladova

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 11, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
That would be tough considering he probably who have had to throw it to the 3 point line and get the ball back and tip it in that quickly. I would take my chances with that then letting James get shot off that easily

Odds are that the inbounds doesn't go to him on a double. It goes shorter to the other side, and immediately back to the inbounder.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
Odds are that the inbounds doesn't go to him on a double. It goes shorter to the other side, and immediately back to the inbounder.

I don't know man, I would have had someone else beat us. They ended up not even having a play call there so it probably would have ended in our favor

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 11, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
I don't know man, I would have had someone else beat us. They ended up not even having a play call there so it probably would have ended in our favor

Realistically, that was one helluva shot he hit. It might have looked easy, but he was one foot on the 3 point line, falling away, from the baseline, with Jimmy Butler running at him. This wasn't like Derrick Rose letting someone go backdoor to the rim in the last second. The defense on this play was fine. The best player in the NBA today just beat you. Not much you are going to do about that without opening up an easier opportunity for someone else.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 11, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
If I'm a ref, I really don't want to call that technical and have that decide the game. But rules are rules.

I think it's one thing to be on the sideline, quietly call of time as you realize your out and doing what Blatt did, walking into the floor, signaling for a timeout to the ref.

Should've been seen and called, IMo

QUOTE (bmags @ May 11, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
Eh, it does kind of look like it. Coaches should be t'd up for stepping onto court anyway. Happens all the time, but it's really annoying. How hard it is it?

What's worse is some coaches play better closeout defense than (Insert bad defender here. I think the current league whipping boy is Damian Lillard?). Del Negro and Spoelstra are the most notorious for it. They'll take a step or two out on the floor and stamp their feet or clap when a guy's shooting. f***ing ridiculous and should be a T every time.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 11, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
What's worse is some coaches play better closeout defense than (Insert bad defender here. I think the current league whipping boy is Damian Lillard?). Del Negro and Spoelstra are the most notorious for it. They'll take a step or two out on the floor and stamp their feet or clap when a guy's shooting. f***ing ridiculous and should be a T every time.

Thibs took out a player earlier in year not following a fast break, just seems dumb. Will probably change when someone gets injured.

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 47m 47 minutes ago

Thibodeau said Gasol is gametime decision, feels a little better. Would have to do shootaround and warm up without incident.

Nick Friedell @NickFriedell · 1h 1 hour ago

Gasol isn't moving up and down the floor right now like a guy who is going to be able to play tonight.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 11, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
Are the Cavs even capable of winning two in a row against the Bulls?

Of course they are. They have Lebron and smoked us in game 2. This has been an incredibly evenly matched series. Bulls are without Pau.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
I've stayed out of this thread since game 1 because jason said I'm a jinx. I think he's right. I just wanted to say this has been a f***ing awesome series. I'll be back when it's over.

Seriously, I find all the whining from others funny. These are the 2 best teams in the East playing each other and they are going at it. It has been incredibly enjoyable to watch. Now lets win tonight baby!!!