2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 14, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
They have to fire Thibs, Bulls have zero excuses for not beating Cleveland. He can take Hinrich with him wherever he ends up.

I've always liked both guys so it saddens me to feel the same way, but I do. Hinrich should have retired a year ago and Thibs....just not working out any more.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
It's official: the Bulls are the 90's Jazz, Pacers and Knicks. They will NEVER, EVER beat LeBron James when it matters. LeBron is eight wins away from bumping MJ from his GOAT throne.
Cue the hyperbole...right on time

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
This ended up not being the case considering how poorly Mirotic and Brooks played. If the bench and depth actually showed up this series it wouldn't have mattered that Lebron was the best player in the series.

Lebron has been the best player in a few series and has lost. Same with Jordan and other all time greats.

Our 2011 bench mob played like crap as well. This trend isn't a fluke. Why? Because bench players are what they are, they get exposed in the playoffs, especially when other teams are running their starters out there 40 minutes a game. Just look at how Niko was exposed for his pick and roll defense and rebounding, Taj was exposed for his inability to be a consistent scorer, and Brooks and Hinrich reverted back to nothingness.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
If LeBron takes a lottery team the year before with no Love to a title then, yes, i think it would. When LeBron leaves your team, you go from contenders to lottery. When LeBron joins your team, you go from lottery to contenders.

This is really a shallow way to look at things. The Cavs were a lottery team, but were loaded with assets. They kept two top 5 picks in Irving and Thompson and traded some of the other assets (which included 2 #1 overall picks and another top 5 pick) for Love, Mozgov, Smith, and Shumpert. You can say some those guys aren't talented, but they handled the Bulls even when Lebron wasn't on the court.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
lol. don't get mad at me. And I said IF they won it this year they would be. Not that they were. Try again.

Yep, winning 6 championships instead of 5 over the course of 16 years would make them the greatest dynasty ever, just like Lebron winning 3 'ships instead of 2 would make him the greatest player ever. The margin within your rankings must be reallllly tight.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
Our 2011 bench mob played like crap as well. This trend isn't a fluke. Why? Because bench players are what they are, they get exposed in the playoffs, especially when other teams are running their starters out there 40 minutes a game. Just look at how Niko was exposed for his pick and roll defense and rebounding, Taj was exposed for his inability to be a consistent scorer, and Brooks and Hinrich reverted back to nothingness.

And yet last year's Spurs played a ton of their bench in the finals and I think everyone would agree Lebron was the most talented player in that series too.

The bench can be exposed, but Brooks and Mirotic shooting 20% against Dellavadova and James Jones is more of a fluke in my mind.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
Yep, winning 6 championships instead of 5 over the course of 16 years would make them the greatest dynasty ever, just like Lebron winning 3 'ships instead of 2 would make him the greatest player ever. The margin within your rankings must be reallllly tight.

The Bulls wouldn't have won 6 in 8 in the 2000's western conference. And MJ was the consensus GOAT before he even tied Magic in the ring department. Let alone Kareem and the 'great' Bill Russell.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
If LeBron takes a lottery team the year before with no Love to a title then, yes, i think it would. When LeBron leaves your team, you go from contenders to lottery. When LeBron joins your team, you go from lottery to contenders.
You're not even trying anymore, lol. This isn't the same Cavs team as last year's lottery team, they added KLove, Mozgov, Shump, JR Smith, Dellavedova. The only starters from last year are Irving and TT, two very talented young players. Stop acting as if it's the same team with only LeBron and KLove added on.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
Well, at least we didn't lose to LeBron as much we lost to the Cavs role players. :lol: The Bulls on paper were the deeper team but goddam they destroyed the Bulls, outplayed and outhustled them. LeBron had an off series, shot miserably and turned it over a ton, KI was for the most part a cripple, no KLove a JR Smith out two games and still they got humiliated. Way to show up for Thibs. They have to fire Thibs, Bulls have zero excuses for not beating Cleveland. He can take Hinrich with him wherever he ends up.

Not too late to change your prediction of Bulls beating Cavs in the ECF isn't it lol. As you point out, we didn't face Love and a fully healthy Kyrie. I wish I was wrong on picking Cavs over Bulls in the preseason AND mid season, but man the past 3 games have been hard to watch, and just another s***ty ending to another high anticipated season.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:58 PM)
You're not even trying anymore, lol. This isn't the same Cavs team as last year's lottery team, they added KLove, Mozgov, Shump, JR Smith, Dellavedova. The only starters from last year are Irving and TT, two very talented young players. Stop acting as if it's the same team with only LeBron and KLove added on.

Love is not in he picture. Smith and Shumpert were rotting away in NY. Nobody knew who Mozgov and Dellwhatever his name was this time last year.

Edited by Jordan4life

I'm thinking the Cavs should probably want the Clippers in the finals, but I'm not sure. The Clippers don't have a wing defender that can play defense like some of Golden State's wing defenders, but damn is the Clippers starting 5 good. I can't see the Cavs beating either of those teams unless there are some unforeseen injuries.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
The Bulls wouldn't have won 6 in 8 in the 2000's western conference. And MJ was the consensus GOAT before he even tied Magic in the ring department. Let alone Kareem and the 'great' Bill Russell.

Your definition of dynasty is unimpressed, especially since it spans over 16 years and Duncan is the only holdover on that team. I don't want to pull out the numbers for you again, but the Bulls were much more DOMINANT in the RS and PO than the Spurs during their "dynasties". They probably won't win 6 of 8, but I don't think 6 of 10 is unreasonable (assuming Jordan would still take 2 years off).

And I wasn't using rings as an argument in between Lebron and MJ, but you're suggesting one more ring would put Lebron over MJ. The whole argument itself is just plain silly.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
No, they lost to LeBron.
No they didn't, LeBron was awful for most of the series. For example GM 4, if the Bulls don't choke and forget how to score and JR Smith doesn't hit those 3 big 3pters towards the end of the games, Bulls win easy and Jamse doesn't get a chance for the game winner. His teammates stepped up huge, LeBron struggled most of the series (check his beloved FG% and TO rate)...did we watch the same series? If the Bulls played even average offensively, they win in 5. GWS and LAC will handle them though, that's if they make it that far.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
Your definition of dynasty is unimpressed, especially since it spans over 16 years and Duncan is the only holdover on that team. I don't want to pull out the numbers for you again, but the Bulls were much more DOMINANT in the RS and PO than the Spurs during their "dynasties". They probably won't win 6 of 8, but I don't think 6 of 10 is unreasonable (assuming Jordan would still take 2 years off).

And I wasn't using rings as an argument in between Lebron and MJ, but you're suggesting one more ring would put Lebron over MJ. The whole argument itself is just plain silly.

In a watered down by 6-team expansion in 8 years, busted ass league that had yet to experience the international boom of the 2000's.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:00 PM)
Love is not in he picture. Smith and Shumpert were rotting away in NY. Nobody knew who Mozgov and Dellwhatever his name was this time last year.
So what, nobody knew who was Patty Mills before last year's Finals. My point is they produced when their numbers were called. Give some credit to LBJ's teammates, you know, MJ also got help from teammates, it's ok to admit it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
In a watered down by 6-team expansion in 8 years, busted ass league that had yet to experience the international boom of the 2000's.

So do you think this Golden State team beats any of those Bulls teams in a series? 67 wins in this super era has to be more impressive than 72 wins or 69 wins in that busted ass era, right?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)

So what, LBJ wouldn't be making his 5th NBA Finals if he gets there this year if he were playing in the WC the last 5 years, what's your point?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
So what, nobody knew who was Patty Mills before last year's Finals. My point is they produced when their numbers were called. Give some credit to LBJ's teammates, you know, MJ also got help from teammates, it's ok to admit it.

These guys were nobodies before they hooked up with LeBron. You haters are hilarious. You hate on LeBron for having two 'superstars' in Miami even though Wade was hurt every other week and Bosh was soft and inconsistent. Now you want to hype up roleplayers that were either crap or nobody knew about a year ago.