2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
These guys were nobodies before they hooked up with LeBron. You haters are hilarious. You hate on LeBron for having two 'superstars' in Miami even though Wade was hurt every other week and Bosh was soft and inconsistent. Now you want to hype up roleplayers that were either crap or nobody knew about a year ago.
So you're saying LeBron went off this series? He carried his team, nobody but LeBron showed up? You LeStans are a joke, if LeBron's team wins, hey he did all the work, no one contributed. His team loses, it's everyone else's fault!

Post his FG% and TO rate and I dare you tell me he wasn't subpar.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
So you're saying LeBron went off this series? He carried his team, nobody but LeBron showed up? You LeStans are a joke, if LeBron's team wins, hey he did all the work, no one contributed. His team loses, it's everyone else's fault!

Post his FG% and TO rate and I dare you tell me he wasn't subpar.

No, LeBron didn't go off like LeBron normally goes off. Jimmy Butler is one of the elite, 1 on 1 defenders in the game and he had the 2014 DPOY covering his ass when he got beat. LeBron went off when he had to and facilitated when he had to.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
I can't even remember if I enjoyed the Thibs era.

I know. It's all kinda hazy in my mind too. I remember the Johnny Kerr era better but it gets like that when you're old.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
No, LeBron didn't go off like LeBron normally goes off. Jimmy Butler is one of the elite, 1 on 1 defenders in the game and he had the 2014 DPOY covering his ass when he got beat. LeBron went off when he had to and facilitated when he had to.

That's all I'm saying, his teammates stepped up big time and hit their shots, especially considering LeBron was bricking a ton of open looks. The Cavs manhandled the Bulls, that was a complete team effort.

It'll be an interesting off-season. I wonder what the Bulls can possibly get for Thibs, if anything at all.

And f*** Matthew Dellevadova.

Edited by chw42

I don't think the Bulls should make many changes to the roster. They had the better team and this is why I feel like a coaching shakeup is justified. The main way you would argue against the coaching change and/or for a roster shakeup is if there are a bunch of guys who would be bad on any other team, but Thibs just happens to make them good players

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
I don't think the Bulls should make many changes to the roster. They had the better team and this is why I feel like a coaching shakeup is justified. The main way you would argue against the coaching change and/or for a roster shakeup is if there are a bunch of guys who would be bad on any other team, but Thibs just happens to make them good players

let's hope the a new coaching staff doesn't start Noah and Pau together, doesn't play Kirk often, and plays Doug and Snell a lot more. Oh and don't run Butler into the ground in the regular season

The NBA would do well to make it an automatic technical for anyone other than a team captain or coach to question calls. As it is, the players look for a foul every time down the court. Its a terrible look for the league.

The refs were awful. I think NBA refs are much more inconsistent than any other league.

It might just be that Thibs is a classic A->B coach who will burn a team out quickly. (See Doug Collins). If he doesn't win within the first 3 years, the players will get sick of him. His inability to adjust is laughable.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)

This is NOT a championship roster. Thibs deserves his fair share of the blame but this roster can't win a championship. Changes need to be made.

I will say this. Bulls players deserve a lot of the blame too. I was annoyed at our sets after time outs, but more then anything, what bugged me the most was how much the Cavs bench stepped up and how much our bench disappeared (and so did Rose in the 2nd half, etc). I felt that the Cavs shot out of their butts from 3 point in this series and that was probably as much luck as it was anything else. All this said, I hope the Bulls will find a legitimate back-up point guard, probably the biggest need (and this PG would hopefully someone capable of starting in a pinch or when Rose is out).

This off-season I expect Rose to take steps forward as with Niko. I'd say Butler will get better too, although I suppose he could be due for some form of regression. Noah should get better (hard to get worse), Taj should get better (similar to Noah, most of that better will be due to health) while I presume Pau will be slightly worse. Dang though, so sad how we weren't able to step up and so frustrating how we had this team on the ropes. Refs sucked but so did the Bulls.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
This is NOT a championship roster. Thibs deserves his fair share of the blame but this roster can't win a championship. Changes need to be made.

Brooks +/- in the postseason had to be absurdly bad. That guy was such a liability.

On Thibs, I could see the Pelicans definitely giving up a 1st rounder for him, but I'm not sure if Orlando would.

But it depends for Gar/Pax whether they think there's a better coach (well one who would work with them any better) out there. Fred Hoiberg has obviously been mooted, but it's a risk with College Coach although they are becoming more and more "trendy hires" with Donovan and Stevens as 2 examples.

Gasol's injury really became a killer blow for the Bulls in the end, I think if he had stayed healthy, the likelihood of there being a 7 game series would have been much greater.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 15, 2015 -> 08:16 AM)
On Thibs, I could see the Pelicans definitely giving up a 1st rounder for him, but I'm not sure if Orlando would.

But it depends for Gar/Pax whether they think there's a better coach (well one who would work with them any better) out there. Fred Hoiberg has obviously been mooted, but it's a risk with College Coach although they are becoming more and more "trendy hires" with Donovan and Stevens as 2 examples.

Gasol's injury really became a killer blow for the Bulls in the end, I think if he had stayed healthy, the likelihood of there being a 7 game series would have been much greater.

injuries have killed the bulls for how long???

i had high hope for this team.

now for the long waited death watch on Thibs ...... when is he going to move??

which team would be interested??? Pelicans not a bad idea.

my point is i like Thibs. i would deal, if able some of the players. but that is me.

The Bulls flat out looked defeated after the Cavs put the 2nd quarter run on them. The rest of the game, every loose ball got to Cleveland, they got every big rebound, including most of the key offensive ones, and the offense broke down. They looked like a team that knew they weren't winning. It was sad.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 15, 2015 -> 03:16 AM)

Pelicans don't have a 1st rounder to give up until 2017 though......

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:02 AM)
The Bulls flat out looked defeated after the Cavs put the 2nd quarter run on them. The rest of the game, every loose ball got to Cleveland, they got every big rebound, including most of the key offensive ones, and the offense broke down. They looked like a team that knew they weren't winning. It was sad.

It looked like they quit, especially Rose. He said all the right things in his post game interview about Thibs but his play said something else.