2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
It's official: the Bulls are the 90's Jazz, Pacers and Knicks. They will NEVER, EVER beat LeBron James when it matters. LeBron is eight wins away from bumping MJ from his GOAT throne.

8 wins from bumping MJ....God you are so annoying. This is non chicago bulls fan telling you please tell me what you are smoking. you are an embarrassment to this site...pathetic...Every year its the same old s*** with you Insert BLANK as the best thing EVER. Prob going to get banned now but man reading you annoying ass posts time and again but deandre jordan was painful enough....and now this crap...I am not coming back to the NBA tread anymore. Go join felix on the mountain hes hiding on.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2015 -> 04:37 AM)
Woah, what a choke by LA. They were in control when I fell asleep. 40-15 in the 4th?

They were up 19... and lost by 12. I think the Clippers started to run the Bulls offense :P The best was Harden was on the bench too.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 15, 2015 -> 12:18 AM)
This is NOT a championship roster. Thibs deserves his fair share of the blame but this roster can't win a championship. Changes need to be made.

What can they realistically do? Hearing a lot of build around Rose, Niko, and Butler talk. Assuming Butler gets his max contract, I believe that's 14M, so 39M between those 3 guys. The cap is gonna be at 67m.

The following year the cap is set to jump up 20M. Do back loaded contracts happen in the NBA?

Who are people looking at this off season? Who are you lookin to dump?

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
What can they realistically do? Hearing a lot of build around Rose, Niko, and Butler talk. Assuming Butler gets his max contract, I believe that's 14M, so 39M between those 3 guys. The cap is gonna be at 67m.

The following year the cap is set to jump up 20M. Do back loaded contracts happen in the NBA?

There's nothing much the Bulls can do. They're still under the tax, so they'll get the MLE. So they can maybe pick up another veteran for $5 million a year.

One way to free up salary is to somehow trade Joakim Noah. But after how he played in the playoffs, what contending team would go after him? His best asset is an expiring $13.5 million contract. Even then, the salary cap is jumping almost $30 million next year anyhow.

Guys you can possibly sign for a MLE: Lou Williams, Wesley Matthews, Thaddeus Young, Danny Green, Aaron Afflalo, Marco Belinelli, Gerald Green.

The Bulls' biggest hole is SF/SG. They need a guy who can spread the floor. Afflalo, Matthews, or Green would make sense.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)

This was a championship caliber team if healthy. It didn't play like one though late and obviously we missed Pau during the season. The problem is "if healthy" becomes a pretty big caveat given some of the long-term health issues some of these guys have sustained. To me the biggest thing this team was missing was a true point guard. Aaron Brooks is hot garbage (as anything other then a guy you bring in when you need someone to jack up shots and see if he is hot...when he isn't on fire, he is absolutely worthless) and clearly Hinrich is past his prime.

Rose you are stuck with and you have to hope that this postseason gave him confidence (even though he finished week) in his knee and he'll finally have an off-season where he can think about basketball and making improvements, which should be huge. Niko will get better and the team will have MLE money to add a quality player which should make us better.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
This was a championship caliber team if healthy. It didn't play like one though late and obviously we missed Pau during the season. The problem is "if healthy" becomes a pretty big caveat given some of the long-term health issues some of these guys have sustained. To me the biggest thing this team was missing was a true point guard. Aaron Brooks is hot garbage (as anything other then a guy you bring in when you need someone to jack up shots and see if he is hot...when he isn't on fire, he is absolutely worthless) and clearly Hinrich is past his prime.

Rose you are stuck with and you have to hope that this postseason gave him confidence (even though he finished week) in his knee and he'll finally have an off-season where he can think about basketball and making improvements, which should be huge. Niko will get better and the team will have MLE money to add a quality player which should make us better.

You are way too nice to Hinrich. He is hilariously bad at basketball at this point and the fact that Thibs continues to give him decent minutes is a joke. 20 minute yesterday without producing anything positive and that really hasn't been the exception to the rule for him.

With Butler set to get a max contract more than likely, wouldn't that put them over the tax threshold thus eliminating the MLE? Or can they sign their MLE then Butler?

Wes Matthews would be pretty sweet if he decides he wants to take the MLE as a "Prove it" deal coming off an injury.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
Evidently, if the Bulls were able to time things right with Jimmy Butler's max deal, they would be able to move Taj / Noah and be in a position to offer max money to one of Aldridge / Gasol / Love.

"Pau, talk to Marc. Tell him about the opera"

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
With Butler set to get a max contract more than likely, wouldn't that put them over the tax threshold thus eliminating the MLE? Or can they sign their MLE then Butler?

Wes Matthews would be pretty sweet if he decides he wants to take the MLE as a "Prove it" deal coming off an injury.

I think even after signing Butler to the max deal, they will be below the tax threshold.

Agreed. Need a young backup point guard, preferably with length. Tired of small PGs who get totally exposed in playoffs (miss nate robinson).

Need McDermott to be a player. Spacing still atrocious.

Not sure we really have an elite 1-on-1 player. No one really able to collapse prssure in pocket to get open 3 looks. Need way to much movement from the shooters to get them open.

Missing on McDermott will be really upsetting, those 2 picks would have been great.

Things bulls need:

- To stop sucking

- More athleticism (like crazy)

- Backup PG cheap for 3 years

- More athleticism

- More athleticism

- Better 3 pt shooting

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
You are way too nice to Hinrich. He is hilariously bad at basketball at this point and the fact that Thibs continues to give him decent minutes is a joke. 20 minute yesterday without producing anything positive and that really hasn't been the exception to the rule for him.

what sucks is Hinrichs future is in his own hands. He has a player option

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
"Pau, talk to Marc. Tell him about the opera"

I love all three of those guys and they would be great fits. However, If I'm giving the money, I'm probably giving it to Love. Make Cleveland weaker and get the guy that is 26 years old vs. two guys who are on the other side of 30.

Evidently, if the Bulls were able to time things right with Jimmy Butler's max deal, they would be able to move Taj / Noah and be in a position to offer max money to one of Aldridge / Gasol / Love.

No one will take Jo at this point, which is sad seeing what happened to him.

If they can clear Taj and sign Marc, that's the best case scenario.

Start Pau and Marc, Jo and Niko off the bench.

Niko gets the Taj treatment until Pau retires.

On a sidenote, I want to say that I would still welcome Thibs back, but it would only be if the front office and Thibs could come to an agreement and get on the same page. If they can't, then someone needs to go and it clearly isn't going to be GarPax so at that point Thibs needs to go. Players can't keep dealing with this sort of stuff. Reality is after losing like this, Thibs and Front office won't come to terms.

Can LMA play the 5? If they ever consider Niko a starter they'll need to have a strong 5 next to him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
what sucks is Hinrichs future is in his own hands. He has a player option

I may cry if he is back next year and the new coach gives him minutes. He has no business being part of an NBA rotation on a good team anymore unless you like guards who can't create off the dribble, don't shoot, and when they do shoot are inefficient. Oh but I guess he still has rep as a good defender which really isn't the case anymore.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
No one will take Jo at this point, which is sad seeing what happened to him.

If they can clear Taj and sign Marc, that's the best case scenario.

Start Pau and Marc, Jo and Niko off the bench.

Niko gets the Taj treatment until Pau retires.

Jo is an expiring contract and would still be a guy people would trade for. How much we get would be less then in years past but no way someone wouldn't take him. I am not very down on Taj, but his ankles are definitely a concern.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
I imagine taj's value took a major hit this year. Last year he looked great after Wiz series.

Maybe but his play in the regular season this year was pretty consistent with last year. He had a really good series offensively against the Wizards last year but that was outside the norm and he was also unbelievably terrible on the glass in that series. I doubt teams came away from that series thinking a 29 year old who had always been a solid player was suddenly blossoming (especially when some of his success in that series was based upon him shooting an unsustainably high percentage on jumpers).

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
There's nothing much the Bulls can do. They're still under the tax, so they'll get the MLE. So they can maybe pick up another veteran for $5 million a year.

One way to free up salary is to somehow trade Joakim Noah. But after how he played in the playoffs, what contending team would go after him? His best asset is an expiring $13.5 million contract. Even then, the salary cap is jumping almost $30 million next year anyhow.

Guys you can possibly sign for a MLE: Lou Williams, Wesley Matthews, Thaddeus Young, Danny Green, Aaron Afflalo, Marco Belinelli, Gerald Green.

The Bulls' biggest hole is SF/SG. They need a guy who can spread the floor. Afflalo, Matthews, or Green would make sense.

Honestly, just need guards plural SF is a position you can get away with smaller size now, so just get best guards available. Allows flexibility with 2 pg lineups, 3 guard lineups with jimmy at 4 taj at 5. But can't do that with 5'6" point guards and effing hinrich as our only backup

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
I love all three of those guys and they would be great fits. However, If I'm giving the money, I'm probably giving it to Love. Make Cleveland weaker and get the guy that is 26 years old vs. two guys who are on the other side of 30.

I think I'd take Love last just because I wanna see if Niko can develop into a starter. Don't think you can start Love next to Niko.

Wouldn't hate to see Deandre Jordan next to Niko if they could also add another shooter like Matthews.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
I think even after signing Butler to the max deal, they will be below the tax threshold.

With Butler's QO hold, the Bulls would be at $61 million. With him on a max, they'd be at $73 million. $3 million under last year's tax line. This year's line will probably go up a few million.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 15, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
With Butler's QO hold, the Bulls would be at $61 million. With him on a max, they'd be at $73 million. $3 million under last year's tax line. This year's line will probably go up a few million.

Everything so far has made it sound like it will go up a lot more than a few million.