2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ May 15, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
So, alvin Gentry thoughts?

He's got a bad track record, but he's also had some bad teams. I like that he's coached under Dantoni and Kerr, so I'm assuming he would emplement a faster pace, which is what I really want to see them do.

Reading LMA and Wes Matthews wanna be a package deal. Somehow trade Noah and Taj, sign those 2 guys, end scene.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 15, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
He's got a bad track record, but he's also had some bad teams. I like that he's coached under Dantoni and Kerr, so I'm assuming he would emplement a faster pace, which is what I really want to see them do.

Reading LMA and Wes Matthews wanna be a package deal. Somehow trade Noah and Taj, sign those 2 guys, end scene.

I liked what he did for the Suns teams until they became terrible.

I wonder how he'll deal with the anti-suns training staff.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2015 -> 07:48 AM)
No, players cannot be involved in a deal for a coach, only picks

You'd somehow have to do 2 seperate deals I guess if that makes any sense.

There's no way Orlando gives up a top 5 pick for Thibs, maybe a future 1st, but Hennigan is very big on building through the draft.

With Harris as well, it depends on how much you're going to pay him. I don't think he's worth a MAX deal (I'd rather Winslow or Stanley Johnson in the draft unless we get the top pick), but a team like the Knicks or Lakers might offer him the MAX, so Orlando might not match.

If Thibs went to Orlando though, I could definitely see them going after Gibson, he's exactly what they need in terms of a 4 to play next to Vucevic. Could probably do a trade deal with someone like Kyle O'Quinn if the Bulls wanted a 4/5 back who is younger and cheaper and a similar sort of player perhaps.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 16, 2015 -> 07:48 AM)

I think he needs a top defensive assistant coach, but if he could bring that as part of the package, I think he'd do a pretty solid job. His reputation has been re-built I suppose being part of the Warriors.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
You'd somehow have to do 2 seperate deals I guess if that makes any sense.

There's no way Orlando gives up a top 5 pick for Thibs, maybe a future 1st, but Hennigan is very big on building through the draft.

With Harris as well, it depends on how much you're going to pay him. I don't think he's worth a MAX deal (I'd rather Winslow or Stanley Johnson in the draft unless we get the top pick), but a team like the Knicks or Lakers might offer him the MAX, so Orlando might not match.

If Thibs went to Orlando though, I could definitely see them going after Gibson, he's exactly what they need in terms of a 4 to play next to Vucevic. Could probably do a trade deal with someone like Kyle O'Quinn if the Bulls wanted a 4/5 back who is younger and cheaper and a similar sort of player perhaps.

Woj talked about this today, there is something in the CBA that prevents the teams from doing a side deal as compensation, the teams cannot have a player deal for like a year or something.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
So apparently Thibs was adamant against hiring an offensive assistant last year?

Come on man.

Even in top tier college ball the good college coaches have specialized staffs. In the NBA you have so many more resources to make a good hire and enable him to be effective. It's baffling. Every great coach had people on their staff that owned one side of the court or another.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)
Woj talked about this today, there is something in the CBA that prevents the teams from doing a side deal as compensation, the teams cannot have a player deal for like a year or something.

Right, I thought that would probably be the case after the Doc Rivers scenario a couple of seasons back.

I think Thibs ends up with the Pelicans when it's all said and done, simply because they have Anthony Davis. If they have to trade one of their players for a 1st in this year's draft to get him, I think that'd be a price they'd be willing to pay.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 16, 2015 -> 12:51 AM)
The Warriors are the only hope for LeBron not to win a championship this year.

They'll do to the Cavs what the Spurs did to them(LeBron) last year. Wont be a series.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 16, 2015 -> 01:36 AM)
They'll do to the Cavs what the Spurs did to them(LeBron) last year. Wont be a series.

It won't be anything close to that bad, imo. The Spurs played at a level in games 3, 4 and 5 that we've never seen before. Last year's Heat was made up of LeBron and a lot of old/crusty vets. In Mozgov, Thompson, Smith, Shumpert and hopefully a healthy Kyrie, there's plenty of youth/athleticism to go around. With a healthy Love, i'd say their chances would be a legit 50%. As it stands now, it's probably like 35-40% unless LeBron goes witness mode.

Oh, and for the "nobody can hit a mid-range shot" and "guys just chuck threes now" crowd.. The 5 remaining teams in this year's playoffs just happen to be the top 5 teams in 3 point makes this year. Suck on that Phil and Charles. It's a new game/age/era. If you don't like it, you can always youtube 1994 nba.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
It won't be anything close to that bad, imo. The Spurs played at a level in games 3, 4 and 5 that we've never seen before. Last year's Heat was made up of LeBron and a lot of old/crusty vets. In Mozgov, Thompson, Smith, Shumpert and hopefully a healthy Kyrie, there's plenty of youth/athleticism to go around. With a healthy Love, i'd say their chances would be a legit 50%. As it stands now, it's probably like 35-40% unless LeBron goes witness mode.

Might be worse. ;)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
Oh, and for the "nobody can hit a mid-range shot" and "guys just chuck threes now" crowd.. The 5 remaining teams in this year's playoffs just happen to be the top 5 teams in 3 point makes this year. Suck on that Phil and Charles. It's a new game/age/era. If you don't like it, you can always youtube 1994 nba.

I was on fire from mid range at the gym today.