2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So just to clarify, that article is saying that Rose is proving that he doesn't get along with other scorers by distributing the ball to the other player TOO much, because he knew they'd fail or something.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
Is that lame Derrick Rose - Jimmy Butler RPM Steak story out there? I got it from a guy who is a bit of a "insider", but he's also a huge sports geek so I'm not sure if he got it from some other media.

No idea what you are referring to here...

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
So just to clarify, that article is saying that Rose is proving that he doesn't get along with other scorers by distributing the ball to the other player TOO much, because he knew they'd fail or something.

Kind of what Kobe did in 2010. f*** this, you guys dont need me? Fine, you go ahead and do it.

Whatever happened in that game, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to conclude that the team went totally dysfunctional. Whatever the reasons are, they are not acceptable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
No idea what you are referring to here...

Okay, well I promised lameness. I barely even remember the story and never thought much of it until now since I didn't know there's a potential Rose/Butler rift until reading this thread.

After a recent game, both ended up going to RPM Steak. They were in a VIP area and the pretty much the only people around, iirc it was the upstairs area (never been there so not even sure if there is one). Rose was with a big group, his family and entourage and whoever. Butler was there with his agent and business partner to discuss some things. Basically, I guess it was extremely awkward and the two refused to acknowledge that the other was having dinner in the same room as one another. It became a game of who would go over to who at the egging on of Butler's agent, but Jimmy refused to in the end. I think the other people around just expected them to be bffs or whatever. There's more to the story and I'm not telling it right, but yeah its lame nonetheless. There's your nba tmz report for the day.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 18, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Okay, well I promised lameness. I barely even remember the story and never thought much of it until now since I didn't know there's a potential Rose/Butler rift until reading this thread.

After a recent game, both ended up going to RPM Steak. They were in a VIP area and the pretty much the only people around, iirc it was the upstairs area (never been there so not even sure if there is one). Rose was with a big group, his family and entourage and whoever. Butler was there with his agent and business partner to discuss some things. Basically, I guess it was extremely awkward and the two refused to acknowledge that the other was having dinner in the same room as one another. It became a game of who would go over to who at the egging on of Butler's agent, but Jimmy refused to in the end. I think the other people around just expected them to be bffs or whatever. There's more to the story and I'm not telling it right, but yeah its lame nonetheless. There's your nba tmz report for the day.

You know...I've done that before, where I see someone I'm friends with but don't want to interrupt what they have going or maybe know that I have something important going and want to focus on that (say a business lunch). Not saying it is the case, but if I'm picking a player to build the franchise around, it is Butler, not Rose.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)

The sad thing is that even as lame as that is, at least that has some substance to it when compared to the Bern-stain article from today. This at least has something happening into it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
You know...I've done that before, where I see someone I'm friends with but don't want to interrupt what they have going or maybe know that I have something important going and want to focus on that (say a business lunch). Not saying it is the case, but if I'm picking a player to build the franchise around, it is Butler, not Rose.

Butler will never be the best player on a championship team though.....

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)

Well, that is because you are Bigtime, and we all know it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
And neither will Derrick Rose.

Yeah probably not. Butler is really good and a guy that they must keep. If he's your best player though, you are most likely stuck in basketball hell like they have been.

Jimmy Butler on DRose:

Speaking of people who have been there since Day 1, what kind of impact has Derrick Rose made on you?

Derrick is one of the better people that I've come to know because, if you look at what he does in this community — and I'm not even talking about the basketball aspect of it, we all know how great of a basketball player he is, but what he does for the city of Chicago, the passion that he has for kids — I think that is what really shows you who he is. You see him on the billboards and on the commercials, but you take that away from him, he's still a person like everybody else on our roster. And that's what I get from him the most, how much he cares about people other than himself, man. What else can you want in a point guard? I call him my brother. What else can you want in a brother?

You ever want to defend him when he's questioned or criticized?

Yeah. All the time. But he tells me not even to worry about it. And I don't want to get into detail, so I just don't. I just let it be what it is.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
Jimmy Butler on DRose:

Speaking of people who have been there since Day 1, what kind of impact has Derrick Rose made on you?

Derrick is one of the better people that I've come to know because, if you look at what he does in this community — and I'm not even talking about the basketball aspect of it, we all know how great of a basketball player he is, but what he does for the city of Chicago, the passion that he has for kids — I think that is what really shows you who he is. You see him on the billboards and on the commercials, but you take that away from him, he's still a person like everybody else on our roster. And that's what I get from him the most, how much he cares about people other than himself, man. What else can you want in a point guard? I call him my brother. What else can you want in a brother?

You ever want to defend him when he's questioned or criticized?

Yeah. All the time. But he tells me not even to worry about it. And I don't want to get into detail, so I just don't. I just let it be what it is.

Sounds like they hate each other.

Bernstein's article couldn't be a bigger waste of time.

Rose and Butler have the potential to be the best two-way backcourt in the league next year. They combination of speed, strength, defensive and scoring ability can be frightening. It's down to them, The Splash Bros and the Beal-Wall.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
Kind of what Kobe did in 2010. f*** this, you guys dont need me? Fine, you go ahead and do it.

Whatever happened in that game, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to conclude that the team went totally dysfunctional. Whatever the reasons are, they are not acceptable.

I don't buy it. Team has looked equally inept for multiple stretches in season.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 18, 2015 -> 12:34 PM)

Jimmy Butler is just not that kind of guy IMO.

The team quit on the coaching staff from what I saw in the game. They were fed up with running the same horrific sets into the teeth of the defense. Rose may have said the right things after the game but his performance spoke volumes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
Jimmy Butler is just not that kind of guy IMO.

The team quit on the coaching staff from what I saw in the game. They were fed up with running the same horrific sets into the teeth of the defense. Rose may have said the right things after the game but his performance spoke volumes.

I don't even think the team quit pe se, I think they did quit believing they could win.

People I trust, are close with Rose camp, and have known him forever says the story is utter BS.

Believe what you want., but must be nice that someone like Bernstein can throw out false stories and rumors with no repercussions.

Edited by Brian