2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
Stacey King speaks out. Interesting comments and hard to disagree with anything said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0519-story.html

If there was a question about Thibs being back, seeing what Stacey King had to say about him very clearly shows that he is going to be someone else's head coach next season.

Kendall Gill's take. Interesting comment on Thibs and whether he would command the "respect" of the players. By all accounts, Hoiberg is supposed to have an infectious personality and be a fantastic people person, so you think he would be able to command the respect of the current NBA players.

Former NBA player and current analyst Kendall Gill offered his take on the future of the Bulls and head coach Tom Thibodeau.

“You can go so far with a coach, and coach Thibodeau I’ve known for many years. I think he’s an excellent coach, he’s displayed that throughout his whole tenure here in Chicago. However, there comes a point in time when you can’t motivate the team anymore,” Gill told WGN in Chicago.

Gill also added his opinion on the possibility of Hoiberg becoming the team’s next coach.

“I don’t know really what’s going to happen with Fred Hoiberg. However, in my experience as an NBA player, if you’re going to bring in a guy, you need to bring in a guy who is going to be respected,” Gill added. “You got Derrick Rose former MVP, Joakim Noah All-Star, Jimmy Butler All-Star, Pau Gasol Champion and All-Star. You have to bring in somebody that they will respect. I don’t know whether Fred Hoiberg carries the weight.”

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
Kendall Gill's take. Interesting comment on Thibs and whether he would command the "respect" of the players. By all accounts, Hoiberg is supposed to have an infectious personality and be a fantastic people person, so you think he would be able to command the respect of the current NBA players.

I think Kendall is a little full of himself. The Mayor played in the NBA and I believe worked in a front office before heading back to Ames. There may be issues, but I don't think respect or lack of would be one of them.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 19, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
I know nothing about Hoiberg as a coach, but after reading this article I'm rather excited about the potential hire.

https://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-east/ce...egy-head-coach/

It is funny that these articles are coming out saying the Bulls would be so much better off when Thibs goes, and his offense is so horrible, yet Pau had his best offensive season in years, Butler developed like a #1 pick not #30, they have free agent minimum point guards every year do something. Be careful what you wish for. The Mayor may be a good coach, but he's replacing a good coach. If Thibs stayed, I'm sure, assuming he stayed healthy, McDermott would improve. Mirotic didn't suffer in Thibs offense. They make is sound like the Bulls struggled to get to 70 points.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
It is funny that these articles are coming out saying the Bulls would be so much better off when Thibs goes, and his offense is so horrible, yet Pau had his best offensive season in years, Butler developed like a #1 pick not #30, they have free agent minimum point guards every year do something. Be careful what you wish for. The Mayor may be a good coach, but he's replacing a good coach. If Thibs stayed, I'm sure, assuming he stayed healthy, McDermott would improve. Mirotic didn't suffer in Thibs offense. They make is sound like the Bulls struggled to get to 70 points.

I agree with you. I think the biggest thing is they need to get in a room and both sides need to realize their aren't a better fit and they both need to adjust a bit. I just don't know how realistic that will be given how things ended. It would have been much easier if we made a deeper run. Both sides are at fault in this.

100% agreed DA. It may be time for Thibs to leave, but he's still a top 5 coach in the game today. He'll have a job the second he's fired (or more than likely traded). It's going to be a tall task to replace him, and I fully expect the Bulls to take a step back because of it.

What happened to the midseason train of thoughts where everyone was team Thibs and wanted the FO out? Okay the playoffs happened, but it's still concerning to me how Garpax has gotten away practically free of criticism in this mess.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
I agree with you. I think the biggest thing is they need to get in a room and both sides need to realize their aren't a better fit and they both need to adjust a bit. I just don't know how realistic that will be given how things ended. It would have been much easier if we made a deeper run. Both sides are at fault in this.

When you have the Bulls version of Hawk Harrelson putting down Thibs publicly, you know it is over. It is time to move on.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 19, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
100% agreed DA. It may be time for Thibs to leave, but he's still a top 5 coach in the game today. He'll have a job the second he's fired (or more than likely traded). It's going to be a tall task to replace him, and I fully expect the Bulls to take a step back because of it.

What happened to the midseason train of thoughts where everyone was team Thibs and wanted the FO out? Okay the playoffs happened, but it's still concerning to me how Garpax has gotten away practically free of criticism in this mess.

There has been plenty of blame for them, namely the inability to get a second superstar on this team.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 19, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
That's always been the blame for them. I'm talking, now, since the playoffs. Thibs job status has served as a great distraction to fans for what is probably a far bigger issue.

Once the coaching situation settles, it will get back to that. It always does.

Thibs could be the annual COY if he was willing to budge.

Not playing Hinrich heavy minutes over Snell, a willingness to move Jo to the bench, balancing rotations more and finally hiring an offensive coach.

His offense is far too basic. If Thibs the defensive coach looked at the schemes Thibs the offensive coach was putting out there, he'd laugh because his defense would hold them to all time lows.

Yes, if Jo were healthy then he hits his layups and tip ins. If Rose had his stamina he probably goes longer in the playoffs.

But if the players have tuned out Thibs and he won't adapt his style, it's time for him to go, despite his brilliance as one of - if not the - best defensive minds the game of basketball has ever seen.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 19, 2015 -> 06:13 PM)
I can't believe anyone is backing Thibs after that s*** show of a series against the Cavs.

With 2 years on the contract, I figure they'd probably take their time to "Trade" him.

Is it even possible to trade players yet? Does that have to wait until after the Finals? If the team doesn't work hard to make it sound like "Keeping Thibs is all but certain" then why would someone offer up a draft pick for him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
With 2 years on the contract, I figure they'd probably take their time to "Trade" him.

Is it even possible to trade players yet? Does that have to wait until after the Finals? If the team doesn't work hard to make it sound like "Keeping Thibs is all but certain" then why would someone offer up a draft pick for him?

I don't think players can be traded until the next NBA season officially starts.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2015 -> 07:57 PM)
Wolves win the lottery. Anthony Towns, Wiggins and Lavine will be disgusting in three years.

That'll make them forget about Kevin Love.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
Wiggins alone should've done that. Was really hoping the Sixers won it. Would've been interesting to see if they went BPA or need.

BPA really could be Mudiay though. Towns and Okafor aren't sure fire superstars. I agree that it would have been interesting though.