2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ May 21, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
Wow what a market out there for him.

If the Bulls had any real intention of keeping him, I could assure you they would get a 1st round pick. Problem is, everyone knows that he's gone, so Bulls lost all their leverage in this public battle.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 21, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)
Everybody knows the Bulls are going to get rid of him regardless. Why would they offer anything above that?

You would think the ability to have exclusive access to him would be worth more, instead of having to compete with everyone else in a bidding war.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
You would think the ability to have exclusive access to him would be worth more, instead of having to compete with everyone else in a bidding war.

If you could trade him like a player, this would be true, but it's not like they could trade him anywhere and that is where he must coach. It really isn't a trade. It's compensation.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
No leverage hurts. Everyone knows he's gone. I wonder if Thibs will mess with them and take a year off while the Bulls are paying him.

I think that goes against every strand of Thibs DNA

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
The other thing to remember is that any team taking Thibs is doing the Bulls a favor by preventing the Bulls from paying 2 coaches at once.

The only way they pay 2 coaches at once is if Thibs doesnt coach next season, so the bulls are in pretty good shape unless Thibs goes into a cave

I wonder if the Bulls bring in someone like Doug Collins to help groom Hoiberg and I wonder if Collins would have any desire. If he ever did, I have to presume the Bulls and Reinsdorf would be the one franchise he'd be willing to do it for.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 20, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
You'd probably have to trade say Mirotic to Sacramento for the 6th pick, and then do a swap of 4/6 somehow. Don't think the Knicks would be interested in anyone other than Butler really.

If the Knicks do stay at 4, and Mudiay is on the board still, do the Knicks pick him. He doesn't exactly fit the mould of a Triangle Offense kind of PG, although he is big enough.

Ya, no thanks on that first part. Mundiay looks like a baller but I'm not trading Niko for a guy who might not pair well with Rose while also killing the potential spacing that Niko could bring to the team..

Question for those who watch more college ball than I do (Though I'm not sure people watch Georgia St.)...Is R.J. Hunter legit or is he the next Doug McDermott? Looking at mocks and videos I think he's the guy I'm hoping to drop to the Bulls.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 22, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
Not sure bulls should be making long-term decisions based off of rose.

They pretty much have to, he's under contract as a $20 million player the next 2 years. "Not making decisions around Rose" = "mailing it in the next 2 seasons".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
They pretty much have to, he's under contract as a $20 million player the next 2 years. "Not making decisions around Rose" = "mailing it in the next 2 seasons".

Yeah, we are talking about a rookie draft, not a free agent class. Whoever we pick is going to be the same price. My point is they should not be thinking "who complements Rose the best?" it's "Who could be a great player for Fred Hoiberg!"

QUOTE (bmags @ May 22, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
Yeah, we are talking about a rookie draft, not a free agent class. Whoever we pick is going to be the same price. My point is they should not be thinking "who complements Rose the best?" it's "Who could be a great player for Fred Hoiberg!"

I think they can also target needs, but basically their needs are "backcourt depth and frontcourt depth and whichever one they don't fill in the draft they should try to fill with the MLE", so that clause works ok for me.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 22, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)

bmags you'll probably be the only other one but...

I really wanted them to move up for Clarkson in the draft. Perfect backup to Rose and could run in a two guard set with him. Ugh.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 22, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
bmags you'll probably be the only other one but...

I really wanted them to move up for Clarkson in the draft. Perfect backup to Rose and could run in a two guard set with him. Ugh.

To be honest, I didn't think Clarkson would be good at all. When we moved to SEC play with him I thought he completely disappeared as people just took away his right hand drives.

But, obviously we heard he was going through an intense family situation so that may have been a cause too, just being exhausted.

I honestly wanted mcdermott so I can't really complain. There was a preseason game with Gasol, Mirotic, Mcdermott, Snell and Rose out in the game, with the 4 non-rose people spread across the perimeter, the spacing was incredible.

Then McDermott shot worse than Rose in the regular season.

If you had a single team who absolutely knew they wanted Thibs over anybody else, all you have to do to get leverage is just get them to believe you will trade him elsewhere

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
If you had a single team who absolutely knew they wanted Thibs over anybody else, all you have to do to get leverage is just get them to believe you will trade him elsewhere

The problem is, you could only "trade" Thibs to somewhere he wants to go. There is tampering going on here as well. You aren't going to be able to fool anyone.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 22, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
To be honest, I didn't think Clarkson would be good at all. When we moved to SEC play with him I thought he completely disappeared as people just took away his right hand drives.

But, obviously we heard he was going through an intense family situation so that may have been a cause too, just being exhausted.

I honestly wanted mcdermott so I can't really complain. There was a preseason game with Gasol, Mirotic, Mcdermott, Snell and Rose out in the game, with the 4 non-rose people spread across the perimeter, the spacing was incredible.

Then McDermott shot worse than Rose in the regular season.

Ah.

I thought his scoring ability and size would make him the ideal backup point, but then again I like most Mizzou players not named Kim English. Definitely thought Jabari Brown would get drafted and that Flip would get his head out of his ass in terms of wanting to shoot.

But having Demare and Clarkson helps. Now I just want them both on the Bulls.

I thought and still think Jabari will be like Jannero Pargo, an all offense, no defense shooter that bounces around on 10 day contracts for the most part and ends up with a 10+ year career.