2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 22, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
The Hawks might be the worst team I've ever seen in the eastern conference finals.

A team with 4-all-stars? I'm sure you could find a team from the awful late 90's/early 2000's era worse than the Hawks.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 22, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
Please god let the Warriors beat LeBron. Jesus.

If Kyrie's health doesn't improve, you shall get your wish.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 22, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
A team with 4-all-stars? I'm sure you could find a team from the awful late 90's/early 2000's era worse than the Hawks.

Those guys are really bad all stars. Their two best players (Horford and Milsap) couldn't even make any of the all NBA teams over guys like Gasol and Duncan. It still seems insane to me that Kyle korver made the all star game also.

They're also playing so far under the screen when guarding Teague it amazes me that an NBA player can't hit a shot that wide open.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 22, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
Those guys are really bad all stars. Their two best players (Horford and Milsap) couldn't even make any of the all NBA teams over guys like Gasol and Duncan. It still seems insane to me that Kyle korver made the all star game also.

They're also playing so far under the screen when guarding Teague it amazes me that an NBA player can't hit a shot that wide open.

It's funny to me. Everybody hates "super-teams" yet a team like the Hawks, without a superstar, gets s***ted on as well. The Hawks are a good team. They have a system on offense and defense and the players to execute that system. I kept saying over and over again the Cavs before the two big trades aren't the same Cavs after the big trades. They went 34-9 to finish the reg season and LeBron and/or Kyrie missed some of those 9 losses. I still don't see any scenario in which the Cavs beat GS without a close to 100% Kyrie Irving. But they are/were that good.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 22, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
It's funny to me. Everybody hates "super-teams" yet a team like the Hawks, without a superstar, gets s***ted on as well. The Hawks are a good team. They have a system on offense and defense and the players to execute that system. I kept saying over and over again the Cavs before the two big trades aren't the same Cavs after the big trades. They went 34-9 to finish the reg season and LeBron and/or Kyrie missed some of those 9 losses. I still don't see any scenario in which the Cavs beat GS without a close to 100% Kyrie Irving. But they are/were that good.

Everybody hates super-teams because it's cheap when superstars collude to team up. People s***ted on the Hawks because most people knew they were likely not going to succeed in the playoffs. I questioned what they would do in the playoffs earlier this season because they had no hall of famers. It just isn't common for a team like that to do well.

Golden state is a homegrown team that will likely win it all (and go down as one of the best in history to stat heads) that the majority of people like.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 22, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)

If Kyrie's health doesn't improve, you shall get your wish.

Like that 8 seeded Knicks squad

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 23, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
Obligatory Warriors post.

They just might be the best nba team (no hyperbole here, check the numbers) of the 21st century.

And much props to Steve Kerr for, despite playing in the 80's and 90's, recognizing that it's a MUCH different game/era and adapting to it. You got Phil/Fisher running the f***ing triangle in 2015. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
They just might be the best nba team (no hyperbole here, check the numbers) of the 21st century.

And much props to Steve Kerr for, despite playing in the 80's and 90's, recognizing that it's a MUCH different game/era and adapting to it. You got Phil/Fisher running the f***ing triangle in 2015. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, I'm not gonna disagree on that. This team is frightening on both ends.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
Outside of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, I can't think of any team post-2000 better than these Warriors.

I've probably been higher on this Warriors team than most but ya you can absolutely make an argument for them once they finish off Cleveland.